Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Observations of Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Presume Blinding us taking the piss (presume).

£275 for three days and the costs of putting that massive festival together, is good value.

Plus it's run as a charity. Michael could of become a very wealthy man if he'd wanted to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

£275 for three days and the costs of putting that massive festival together, is good value.
    Good value for wealthy people . Black people ain’t buying into it for some reason . I suppose it has the look of a Klan meeting which could be off putting to Black People .

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

Autecher wrote: »
    Have you ever seen the crowd at a Stevie Wonder gig?? It's like a Klan rally!

LOL - that made me spit out my tea! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

blinding wrote: »
    The crowds are Very White and Middle / Upper Class . Don’t tickets cost £275 . Is this too keep the rif-raf out .

All seems slightly Racist really .

Funny, because the last time I was there, we got chatting to a group of black lads at the Wise Crone café. They asked us where we were from. When we said Ireland, one of them replied "I'd never go to Ireland, there's no black people there."

phutyle wrote: »
    Funny, because the last time I was there, we got chatting to a group of black lads at the Wise Crone café. They asked us where we were from. When we said Ireland, one of them replied "I'd never go to Ireland, there's no black people there."
    I assume you told him that was not true . Fair dues them for going to such a White Festival as Glastonbury .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Good value for wealthy people . .

£90 a day for a full day of entertainment isnt a lot at all.

This is like your schtick on the brexit thread. Just keep repeating the line in the hope it takes hold. With your kkk stuff.

I assume you told him that was not true . Fair dues them for going to such a White Festival as Glastonbury .

And deprive him of his chance to troll us? No way. If that's how he got his little kicks, who am I to take it away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Five days. So even better value.

£90 a day for a full day of entertainment isnt a lot at all.

This is like your schtick on the brexit thread. Just keep repeating the line in the hope it takes hold. With your kkk stuff.
    There are other costs associated with going to Glastonbury , Obviously .

The accumulation of these costs are probably why it is such a Middle Class / Upper Class Festival . This is Probably why it also turns out to be such a White Festival .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I wouldn't presume that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I've been to a good few music festivals but never glastonbury. It doesn't really interest me to be honest, It seems more to me that you go there for the vibes/experience do drugs and get pissed and not really go for the music. I prefer to go to a festival where a good chunk of the line-up interests me. I like Download, went there in 2012 and had a great time, that's Britain's rock festival by the way, not Glastonbury which is a bit of everything (except metal and yes I know Metallica headlined but that went seriously against the grain)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The real Glastonbury experience is wandering down the stall lined thoroughfares tanked up on chunky hot spicy cider. Far beyond all the scallies trying to flog you their wares deep into the nether reaches where some hippie chick will come out of nowhere smear mud all over your face and take you by the hand to a .. converted sauna in the back of a van populated by old crusties but it’s an experience all the same

My favourite stage was actually one of the one knocking out lots of black music it’s just well situated or something. And the hare tent, it’s not a real festival without that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

He may be on to something..... glastonbury-accommodation-extras-on-sale-1220x775.jpg

Nah, I mean apart from the fact that it's not 275 quid (It's 245 quid) and it's not just for 3 days but for 5, it's an idiotic comment designed to troll so moving on......

With regards to the age: I know I said it is a wide range but it may skew a little older next year. Next year is the 50th and Paul McCartney has pretty much self-confirmed and I'd say next year if gonna be more old school acts.

I wouldn't presume that at all.

And you would be wrong. Given the size of the place, the amount of acts (Music and non-music), the fact that it starts on Thursday and not Friday, the fact that you can bring whatever you wish in food and alcohol-wise, the fact that, if you so choose, you can not spend a single penny in there, it is great value.

An Electric Picnic ticket can cost you 205 Euro and then you are gouged once you leave your tent. The acts, while good, cannot compare with Glasto. This is because Glasto can pay more for the bigger acts.

For God's sake, one year I saw U2, Coldplay, Elbow, Beyonce, Tinie Tempah and had to miss The Chemical Brothers, QOTSA, the Kiaser Chiefs, Fat Boy Slim and Pete Tong because they were all on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Load of people I live with went there can came back absolutely rotten stinking, smelling like death. Not one of them had a shower in five days and apparently most people use wet wipes or something. Dirty yokes.

Looked like a shower of scruffs I wouldn’t be caught dead at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Lol at the KKK tents. :D

I find that the people who do the whole "middle-class white people, boo" wankology are nearly always... middle-class white people.

FTA69 wrote: »
    apparently most people use wet wipes or something.
    The technical term being "a hoor's shower".

And you would be wrong. Given the size of the place, the amount of acts (Music and non-music), the fact that it starts on Thursday and not Friday, the fact that you can bring whatever you wish in food and alcohol-wise, the fact that, if you so choose, you can not spend a single penny in there, it is great value.

An Electric Picnic ticket can cost you 205 Euro and then you are gouged once you leave your tent. The acts, while good, cannot compare with Glasto. This is because Glasto can pay more for the bigger acts.

For God's sake, one year I saw U2, Coldplay, Elbow, Beyonce, Tinie Tempah and had to miss The Chemical Brothers, QOTSA, the Kiaser Chiefs, Fat Boy Slim and Pete Tong because they were all on at the same time.

i was responding to the first part of the post. the part that mentions presuming. You have taken me up completely incorrectly.
    Presume Blinding is taking the piss (presume).

i was responding to the first part of the post. the part that mentions presuming. You have taken me up completely incorrectly.

Apologies.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »
    Load of people I live with went there can came back absolutely rotten stinking, smelling like death. Not one of them had a shower in five days and apparently most people use wet wipes or something. Dirty yokes.

Looked like a shower of scruffs I wouldn’t be caught dead at it.

I remember a friend of mine brought his girlfriend to Féile once, a particularly wet year. We all rock up to the campsite, which was a sea of mud. We show our passes and stomp on in. After about 50 meters, we realise something is missing. We stop and look back. There she is, standing at the gate, in brand new red Converse and pristine white leggings, crying. We tried to encourage her, but she went home.

Some people just aren't built for the true pleasures in life.

The technical term being "a hoor's shower".

A hoor's bath is just lashing on deodorant in the hope of masking it all. Wet wipes are a level of class way above that. In between the two, you have the old handful of soggy bog roll at the jacks's sink (assuming there are sinks). I'm partial to all three, depending on circumstances. But using a shower at a festival is a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He may not be taking the piss but he does talk some amount of bollocks.

He may not be taking the piss but he does tall some amount of bollocks.

on that we can all agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Do they still finger aul ones at these gigs? Like back in the day

That doesn’t sound very White Middle Class / Upper Class ! Oh Er Missus !:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭rireland

all the young people are listening to crap music

I'm not even 30 but all young people seem to listen to rap music nowadays. There seems to be a new kid on the block every month now. Big Shaq, Stormzy, Santana Dave, XXtencation, lil pump, meek mill, nas, j cole.

It's all a load of blibberish to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭rireland

I dunno, there's a sort of hipster "look at me, I'm so cool I listen to stuff that's not cool" vibe to it, you know?

You could see this last week with Westlife.

That doesn’t sound very White Middle Class / Upper Class ! Oh Er Missus !:eek:
    Nah posh folks are the filthiest.
    rireland wrote: »
    You could see this last week with Westlife.
    Hate that "quirky" ironic carry-on. It was the same with Take That. At least they have more talent than Westsh1te though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

If by 'they' you mean me then yes.

Advertisement