Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dead bodies left on trolleys in corridors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Amirani wrote: »
    I do wonder what it's like to operate with such a small-minded and simplistic view of the world.

An whats it like to operate with such a broad minded view kid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

kona wrote: »
    Id say if it was management on strike nobody would give a ****. Place would probably run just the same.

Could even use their offices instead of the corridors for trolleys.

Win - win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Which party is running on the "sack loads of civil servants " ticket?

None... yet

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Or sack the wasters and implement new technologies. Also we need to go towards a preventative health system. Annual health screening for the whole population should be mandatory.

Congrats, you've successfully broken the health service, whilst doing essentially nothing to improve patient outcomes. The majority of the population don't need annual health screenings, and it actually can be dangerous due to Type 1 errors.

But of course, you have no medical background so you'd be completely unaware of this. But proceed with thinking you have all the answers anyway if it makes yourself feel good.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Id say if it was management on strike nobody would give a ****. Place would probably run just the same.

You have all the answers so. Plus you said your job is the only thing in the way. Lucky enough you get paid to be a td so you're sorted......

• Advertisement

amcalester wrote: »
    Could even use their offices instead of the corridors for trolleys.

Win - win

Youd have to be careful, wouldnt want patients contracting , uselesscuntitis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Most likley it would run better as the frontline staff would make decisions based on their own experiences and knowledge. Thousands of clerical and managerial staff must be fired out of the HSE and Public Sector. I honestly have more time for a criminal heroin dole drawing junkie scumbag than a public sector administrator, the public sector is a dumping ground for the failed careers of useless people. The entire HSE and Public Sector exists as a glorified Social Employment scheme for the failed sons and daughters of political crony hacks, these people would not last one week in the private sector. Fire them all and pay them the dole, better than giving them €800+ per week for doing absolutely sweet damn all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

They are responsible.

Accountable yes, responsible no.

Congrats, you've successfully broken the health service, whilst doing essentially nothing to improve patient outcomes. The majority of the population don't need annual health screenings, and it actually can be dangerous due to Type 1 errors.

But of course, you have no medical background so you'd be completely unaware of this. But proceed with thinking you have all the answers anyway if it makes yourself feel good.

Who said I have all the answers?? Did I say that? Because I definitely don't. It's a very complex problem. What I do know is that the health service as is is a ****ing disgrace.

It's actually unbelievable that the system in its current format is defended.

It's not just the managers............plenty of "staff" in the health service doing sfa habitually.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Accountable yes, responsible no.

Will they be held accountable?

Who said I have all the answers?? Did I say that? Because I definitely don't. It's a very complex problem. What I do know is that the health service as is is a ****ing disgrace.

Id leave it, they obviously have all the answers themselves being so broad minded and seem to be defending leaving rotting corpses in trollies around people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Oh goodness, that was very disturbing to read. I did not expect this...
    A letter by four consultant pathologists has described bodily fluids leaking on to the floor and bodies decomposing in corridors.

Don't even know what to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Will they be held accountable?

Accountable no, answerable yes.

Id leave it, they obviously have all the answers themselves being so broad minded and seem to be defending leaving rotting corpses in trollies around people.

I agree but It's frightening how quick posters are to attack and defend it. But again, it is a very politically toxic issue.

The less said and the quicker discussion is stifled the better. You can't have stories breaking about people lying dead on trollies in corridors when the economy is flying and local elections around the corner.

Accountable no, answerable yes.

Well they either are accountable or not. Answerable? What sort of a answer can you give to that?

"Eh we spent all the money on a hospital which isnt really suitable, so we all have to tighten our belts and deal with it. Ive been assured by management that they are only corpses they dont bite. Ill send down a case of dettol"

I agree but It's frightening how quick posters are to attack and defend it. But again, it is a very politically toxic issue.

The less said and the quicker discussion is stifled the better. You can't have stories breaking about people lying dead on trollies in corridors when the economy is flying and local elections around the corner.
    Politically toxic until their own mothers juices are leaking onto the floor. Be sorted fairly quick then id say.

Amazing the stuff these clowns will defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

FG supporters working hard I see. ;-)

It's actually unbelievable that the system in its current format is defended.

I didn't defend anything. I said your proposal of annual screening of the entire population is one of the most stupid suggestions I've heard.

Our health system is awful in many ways. Incredibly, your best suggestion would actually make it much worse. Here, have a read of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscreening

I didn't defend anything. I said your proposal of annual screening of the entire population is one of the most stupid suggestions I've heard.

Our health system is awful in many ways. Incredibly, your best suggestion would actually make it much worse.
    You must be some form of hse management. Shoot down suggestions, patronise people yet actually provide **** all to the subject at hand.

• Advertisement

Our health system is awful in many ways. Incredibly, your best suggestion would actually make it much worse. Here, have a read of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscreening

Why so passive aggressive? Honestly. We all want to make things better.

Taiwan is an example of a country with a preventative system which seems to be working quite well.

You must be some form of hse management. Shoot down suggestions, patronise people yet actually provide **** all to the subject at hand.

So, if I made a proposal that we should replace radiotherapy and chemotherapy with herbal remedies for cancer patients you wouldn't "shoot down" that suggestion? Overscreening is no different to this, just a nonsense suggestion with no evidence base that's not going to do anything to help people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Too busy working to pay for this mess unfortunatley. Might do it when i retire for a pension.

Or if you were a teacher. Teachers seem to have the time to put themselves up for election. The rest of us are too busy trying to keep the wolf from the door, paying taxes and not getting our monies worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Someone in the hospital ok'ed this, Harris is now aware. His job now is to deal with the individual/individuals responsible.How this is not an actionable case of misconduct seems bizarre. People even in death are entitled to some dignity.

Why so passive aggressive? Honestly. We all want to make things better.

Taiwan is an example of a country with a preventative system which seems to be working quite well.

Apologies if I came across as aggressive. I'm not sure why you'd accuse me of "defending" the system when I criticise your suggestion though.

I agree that maximising our use of preventative medicine is the best approach for us to take. This is a cornerstone of the Slaintecare proposals, and will form a large part of the expansion of primary and community based care. However, overscreening is a very real problem, and this should not be equated to preventative care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

theguzman wrote: »
    Most likley it would run better as the frontline staff would make decisions based on their own experiences and knowledge. Thousands of clerical and managerial staff must be fired out of the HSE and Public Sector. I honestly have more time for a criminal heroin dole drawing junkie scumbag than a public sector administrator, the public sector is a dumping ground for the failed careers of useless people. The entire HSE and Public Sector exists as a glorified Social Employment scheme for the failed sons and daughters of political crony hacks, these people would not last one week in the private sector. Fire them all and pay them the dole, better than giving them €800+ per week for doing absolutely sweet damn all.
    Unlikely. When was the last time you've seen the "front line"? They're every bit as useless as those that manage them.

FG supporters working hard I see. ;-)

Yeah cos anything other than "sack the government" is obviously fg supporters.

You can have a ge every 6 months if you want, the same people will still be working in the hse.

Someone in the hospital ok'ed this, Harris is now aware. His job now is to deal with the individual/individuals responsible.How this is not an actionable case of misconduct seems bizarre. People even in death are entitled to some dignity.

The article says a new mortuary building has been approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You’re the one who is calling people who disagree with you ‘clowns’.

• Advertisement

Unlikely. When was the last time you've seen the "front line"? They're every bit as useless as those that manage them.

All our doctors and nurses are useless? Why don't you tell them that next time you or one of your family is receiving treatment.

Advertisement