Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Phoebas wrote:
    There is nobody disputing that she was ill.

Apparently according to the Cambridge means, I have read or heard but not sure if its true. ;-)

mgn wrote:
    The same Ming said before he got elected as a TD was that politicians in this country was getting paid to much and he would only take half of a TDs salary if he got elected and the other half going to local causes.I can't recall where this money went.The same clown has no problem taking his full MEP salary + expenses now.So much for the promise to only take half his salary.

Did he make the same promise of his MEPs salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Both Casey and Ming are looking to be elected in a constituency that will cover all of Ireland's EU land border after Brexit.

We need more serious politicians the likes of Mairead McGuinness, not populists like Casey or Ming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Did he make the same promise of his MEPs salary?

What changed overnight from politicians getting paid to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The bitterness is strong there, I'll give you that. Not only do you demean the president but those who voted for him too. Well done
    If Michael D wasn't in the race he'd have won by a bigger margin that Michael D did.
    I'm a huge fan of Michael D but I like Casey too. I'll bite for Casey for Europe. Ideally I'd like some younger,smoother candidate to take up his mandate but I'll still give Casey my no.1 for Europe.

• Advertisement

Surely Brian Crowley must really infuriate you?

Any right-thinking person should be infuriated by Crowley. One of the biggest charlatans in Irish political history, putting himself up for a role he full well he wasn't well enough to do, yet continuing to draw a full salary for as long as possible with fúck all return from it.

As for Casey - seems like a total spoofer. A few "edgy" comments about travellers and being marginally less cringeworthy than Seán Gallagher does not make you a competent politician. If he cared so much about "fixing" the traveller issue then he'd be running for local elections or for the Dáil. Can't see what he'd achieve in the EU parliament other than cosying up to the Brexiters/Afd/Front National etc. for the sake of a few column inches.

Phoebas wrote:
    We need more serious politicians the likes of Mairead McGuinness, not populists like Casey or Ming.

Like the former Rose of Tralee who is running for FG Maria Walsh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Ming stands for burning the bogs, burning the ganja weed, and not burning the proposed asylum seeker DP centre in Rooskey.
    So that's 1 out of 3 for upholding the law.

The bogs.
    What the environmentalists found and photographed was utter devastation. That last remaining 1% of raised bogs was being savagely destroyed by mechanical turf-harvesting for short-term gain, with no effective action whatsoever being taken by the Government to enforce restrictions.
    Rooskey. Here he is at 2.30 mins

He had a good vote harvesting angle, but I suspect it has gone slightly outdated nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

recedite wrote: »
    Ming stands for burning the bogs, burning the ganja weed, and not burning the proposed asylum seeker DP centre in Rooskey.
    So that's 1 out of 3 for upholding the law.

The bogs.

Rooskey. Here he is at 2.30 mins

He had a good vote harvesting angle, but I suspect it has gone slightly outdated nowadays.

Isn't the lad who made that video a middle aged dole sponger who lives with his mam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Peter Casey is on tonight show now. Tv3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Jizique

He is showing his idiocy

Jizique wrote: »

He is showing his idiocy
    At least he can talk properly . That ming is giving me a headache with that high pitched screeching.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,832 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

At least he can talk properly . .

Yeh? :)

I have never heard a more hesitant, dithering politician in my life. He is unique in his delivery.

At least he can talk properly . .

Yeh? :)

I have never heard a more hesitant, dithering politician in my life. He is unique in his delivery.
    Better than the high pitched screeching going on for the last 15 minutes between ming and the woman sitting beside him. Kids in school would get detention if they carried on like that

Better than the high pitched screeching going on for the last 15 minutes between ming and the woman sitting beside him. Kids in school would get detention if they carried on like that

At least they can start a sentence and finish it after making a coherent point..even if you disagree with it.
    Casey was the same during the Presidential campaign.
    As to his stuff on the Euro...cringe tbh.
    Our safety net would be that if it went tits up, we wouldn't be buying Mercs and BMW's from the Germans.

At least they can start a sentence and finish it after making a coherent point..even if you disagree with it.
    Casey was the same during the Presidential campaign.
    As to his stuff on the Euro...cringe tbh.
    Our safety net would be that if it went tits up, we wouldn't be buying Mercs and BMW's from the Germans.
    Casey got second in the presidential election . So your statement doesn't make sense over the way he speaks. Prefer him any day to high pitched squeaks from Higgins.

Casey got second in the presidential election . So your statement doesn't make sense over the way he speaks. Prefer him any day to high pitched squeaks from Higgins.

No, it just means 23% of the population think it is acceptable that a man who can't seem to put a cogent point together is capable of being a president.

Seriously, what was he on about with his children and meat eating?

Does he base his environmental policy on what happens around his breakfast table?

No, it just means 23% of the population think it is acceptable that a man who can't seem to put a cogent point together is capable of being a president.

Seriously, what was he on about with his children and meat eating?

Does he base his environmental policy on what happens around his breakfast table?
    Hes a family man. His children mean the world to him. A really nice genuine guy. Unlike most of the others.

Hes a family man. His children mean the world to him. A really nice genuine guy. Unlike most of the others.

That's environmental policy???

What do you know about 'the others' relations with their families and what is lacking in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I was beginning to think it was time to give up on this thread, but there could be more comedy gold to come yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,014 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's four posts in a row where you haven't actually said anything about either man's arguments.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

He was best in the debates I seen. He came across as much mire intelligent than all bar Michael D.
    He is well able to talk and explain himself.

That's four posts in a row where you haven't actually said anything about either man's arguments.
    Sorry to upset you all. I think Peter Casey is exactly what Ireland needs after the last 4 years of pcbrigade protected snowflake agenda. People having to think before they open their mouths incase they offend someone. Every word they say been scrutinised. Its actually worse now than UK. He would be amazing as taoiseach . Over and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Sorry to upset you all. I think Peter Casey is exactly what Ireland needs after the last 4 years of pcbrigade protected snowflake agenda. People having to think before they open their mouths incase they offend someone. Every word they say been scrutinised. Its actually worse now than UK. He would be amazing as taoiseach . Over and out.

People really should think before they speak anyway as a matter of course.

Imagine having to think before you open your mouth.

If that isn't the sign of the impending leftist facist state I don't know what is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Arghus wrote: »
    Imagine having to think before you open your mouth.

If that isn't the sign of the impending leftist facist state I don't know what is!

It's all part of the Marxist/Communist/NWO/1984 One World Government plan.

It's all part of the Marxist/Communist/NWO/1984 One World Government plan.

What we need right now is a really nice genuine guy to save us from this fate worse than empathy.

eagle eye wrote: »
    He was best in the debates I seen. He came across as much mire intelligent than all bar Michael D.
    He is well able to talk and explain himself.

Well let's crunch what he did in that debate tonight, shall we?

He drew attention to himself, smiling and laughing, as another panelist explained their policy: he got the floor and talked about how 4 of his children ate meat and the 5th didn't - so there was nothing to be worried about, he was more concerned about single use plastics and a whale who had turned up with x amount of plastic in his stomach. And when he was interrupted by somebody who said that it 'was all linked' he said, smiling, 'tell that to the whale'.

You think this is a sign of 'intelligence'?

Well let's crunch what he did in that debate tonight, shall we?
    I didn't see the debate and I'm unwilling to accept your word for how it went because you've shown a dislike for the man in this thread all along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why was he especially popular with voters in the Rathkeale area? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement