Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Yes he was NGOs in the med were assisting people smugglers and putting lives at risk

But, but...

The dudes from Africa are coming in to save us from the reverse vampires. They're actually like the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones. Did you not know that 'Taking the black' was a coded message. I mean, come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Birneybau wrote: »
    But, but...

The dudes from Africa are coming in to save us from the reverse vampires. They're actually like the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones. Did you not know that 'Taking the black' was a coded message. I mean, come on!

Honestly what are on about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

If you take a few of the shows that Gemma has done on YouTube recently:

- There was a Garda cover up of what happened to Mary Boyle.
    Based on the evidence, and what her sisters says, and that we now know that a FF politician intervened on behalf Uncle Gerry, something is certainly amiss with that case.
    - There is an issue with vaccines possibly harming people.
    No medication, like anything in life, is 100%. What is scary is that the media and HSE refuse to acknowledge that there are cases (even if they are a very small percentage) where the vaccines damage people. Look up Jonathan Irwin on Youtube.
    - Ian Bailey was stitched up by the guards.
    The Gardai paid off Martin Graham with drugs, and blackmailed Marie Farrell to lie about Bailey. So it's pretty clear they did stitch him up.

People should remember that just because you say the reverse of what Newstalk and RTE (the people who brought you "The banks are among the best capitalized in Europe") say does not necessarily mean that you are wrong.

Garda and political influence did do something shady in the father Molloy death also. She was sacked from indo for investigating quashing of penalty points by Callanan in 2013. He turned out to be very trustworthy. Whether she's crazy or not Ireland is as corrupt as fack, hse, gardai, politicians priests,scouts etc.we are a facked up race of people whether we like to admit or not. Do anything if there's chance of getting away with it

Honestly what are on about???

The ironing is delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I'm against Soros for his actions not his religion or race. Why do the left always have to make it about race always bringing up something about race or religion and yet you call us racists.

Soros is a self confessed athiest. Confused yet. Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    limnam wrote: »
    It was a presidential election.

Who cares.

She doesn't need any

Excuse me, the OP mentioned she didn't get a chance to explain her policies for the Pres election.
    (I am well aware the restrictions of the Presidency)

No, no I didn’t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I know I could Google - and I will - but who the **** is George Soros? Seems like a made up bogeyman for extremist nutters of all hues who don't even know who he is but trot his name out to sound well informed. And apparently he does and says and believes all kinds of things that completely contradict each other.

Very much like a Goldstein (from Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four) type figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I know I could Google - and I will - but who the **** is George Soros? Seems like a made up bogeyman for extremist nutters of all hues

Exactly. He's an excellent idiot filter. Anyone who goes on about how he's the boogeyman isn't worth your time.

Life ain't always empty.

backspin. wrote: »
    You are right Soros is indeed anti-Semitic. He helped confiscate property from Jews during WW2 and described those days as the best in his life.
    Not sure if serious. You can see that he was born in 1930 yes?

"Right-wing figures such as Alex Jones, Roseanne Barr, Donald Trump Jr., James Woods, Dinesh D’Souza, and Louie Gohmert have spread a false conspiracy theory, which has been described as anti-Semitic, that Soros was a Nazi collaborator who turned in other Jews and stole their property. Soros was a child during World War II who had to hide from the Hungarian government during Nazi occupation" - sad to read James Woods has gone loony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

lbc2019 wrote: »
    No, no I didn’t

Sorry I meant Crock pot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

How old is Soros and how good are you at mathematics? Go on and try not to look stupid.

I wouldn't get too smug moustache (i know that might be difficult for you). He was 14 / 15 years old. I don't know what you were like at 15 (probably still wetting the bed) but i certainly was well clued in to what was happening around me. I'm sure someone with the brains of Soros was pretty clued into what was happening in World War 2. You think the Jews he was confiscating the goods from wouldn't have educated him or complained?? He knew what he was taking part in. His complete lack of remorse is worrying.

I wouldn't get too smug moustache (i know that might be difficult for you). He was 14 / 15 years old. I don't know what you were like at 15 (probably still wetting the bed) but i certainly was well clued in to what was happening around me. I'm sure someone with the brains of Soros was pretty clued into what was happening in World War 2. You think the Jews he was confiscating the goods from wouldn't have educated him or complained?? He knew what he was taking part in. His complete lack of remorse is worrying.
    15 absolute max - why are you so certain something so unlikely is true?

Why do you have to insult mcmoustache by saying he probably still wet the bed at 15 just because he disputes your (pretty implausible) claim that you have presented as fact? Is Soros recorded as saying such a thing?

Yeah of course we were all clued in at that age but why would that be enough proof that he was confiscating property from Jews?

So I take it George Soros is great according to you. He's hardly feckin Mother Thresa now is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

mzungu wrote: »
    Not at all. She was writing nonsense about fluoride in the water as far back as 2000. She has always been a card-carrying member of the tinfoil hat club.

I don't understand why people can't be against fluoride being added to drinking water on ethical grounds.

The science is no way near complete enough that anyone can say with absolute certainty of whether it is a good or bad thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

So I take it George Soros is great according to you. He's hardly feckin Mother Thresa now is he?

Any massively wealthy individual who uses their money to fund certain projects/organisations/campaigns should be scrutinised.

Pushing any concerns people have over certain issues off as alt right/anti semitic/conspiracy stuff is really lazy.

So I take it George Soros is great according to you
    Do you? That's a strange conclusion to come to when I said nothing of the sort. Do you always believe that? That those who question unfounded criticism of someone automatically think they're great because it can only be one view or the other?

There are those who (want to) believe utterly absurd conspiracy theories about him, and those who think he's great. Then there's a swathe in between, including myself. I don't think he's great - I never heard of him until all the theories about him surfaced, but I don't believe absurdities like he was helping nazis seize valuables from Jews as a teenage boy!

No. Mother Teresa was a completely evil bitch.

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

He gives away money... she took all the money...

Any massively wealthy individual who uses their money to fund certain projects/organisations/campaigns should be scrutinised.
    Absolutely.
    Pushing any concerns people have over certain issues off as alt right/anti semitic/conspiracy stuff is really lazy.
    Depends. Absurd allegations aren't "concerns".

I don't understand why people can't be against fluoride being added to drinking water on ethical grounds.

The science is no way near complete enough that anyone can say with absolute certainty of whether it is a good or bad thing to do.

Whatever about vaccines now but I don't agree with fluoride either. Not because it's giving people cancer or whatever I feel it's unessecary. Most European countries don't put it in their water but yet they don't have problems with their teeth. What I don't agree with is that it's a chemical that doesn't to be there. I like to consume stuff that is natural and as free of chemicals and GMO as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

What has all this to do with Gemma o Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Whatever about vaccines now but I don't agree with fluoride either. Not because it's giving people cancer or whatever I feel it's unessecary. Most European countries don't put it in their water but yet they don't have problems with their teeth. What I don't agree with is that it's a chemical that doesn't to be there. I like to consume stuff that is natural and as free of chemicals and GMO as possible.

Oh Christ.

How is anything outside of abstract nouns free of chemicals?

giphy.gif

debok wrote: »
    What has all this to do with Gemma o Doherty

Gemma doesn't believe that ole George is simply a wholesome billionaire trying to help the poor refugee reach a better life in the West.

Gemma doesn't believe that ole George is simply a wholesome billionaire trying to help the poor refugee reach a better life in the West.
    Few do I'd say. Just the nonsense theories.

You guys are doing the very same as those who dismiss any concerns about Soros - by dismissing questioning of the more absurd theories as Soros fan talk.

one third why Ireland has declined

Waters is deluded. He wants the country to go back to a very dark past with the church in control.

Life ain't always empty.

Life ain't always empty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Helping all those sick and needy people. How dare she.

lbc2019 wrote: »
    He gives away money... she took all the money...

She gathered vast amounts of funds (including stolen money from the likes of Savings and Loan embezzeler Charles Keating and brutal kleptomaniac dictator Baby Doc Duvalier, and lots of ordinary people who bought into her fake saintly PR image) and sent most of it to the Vatican Bank to sit there and do nothing, in spite of it being gathered to 'help the poor'.

When requested by US authorities to return the money Keating stole from small savers and the elderly, she declined.

What she did spend was only to build up her own empire, opening more and more 'clinics' but offering little or no medical help or in many cases not even pain relief beyond paracetamol to dying people. Her nuns tried to coerce dying, penniless Hindus and Muslims to convert to Catholicism on their deathbeds, and if they didn't consent her nuns uttered the right prayers anyway (now as an atheist I don't think those prayers could do anything, but it shows a deep disrespect on the nuns part for the beliefs and wishes of those dying people, and a willingness to exploit their poverty and lack of any other choices.)

Her nuns also reused needles routinely on dying people, to the point where they were so blunt they wouldn't go in, only then were they replaced.

When she travelled around the world, she took business class or first, or a private jet cadged from dodgy types like Robert Maxwell. When she was dying of cancer she went by private jet to the most expensive clinics America had to offer. No painful lingering death in a Delhi sh*hole for her, the people consigned there were just the collateral damage in her decades long ego trip.

With all the many millions she gathered, she could have made a real difference to healthcare in India's slums but she refused to do so.

There's a reason the teacher in my kid's class said "If you're looking up Mother Teresa on the internet, make sure you look up 'Mother Teresa for kids' " :rolleyes: and it's the "for kids" version of her that most Irish people still brainlessly buy into.

She was a regular on the Late Late Show in the 80s and 90s, and both the audience and Byrne used to fawn over her in a most revolting fashion.

Life ain't always empty.

I recall that she believed (or let on) that the poorest of the poor were closer to God and she played on that.

"Christopher Hitchens described Mother Teresa's organisation as a cult that promoted suffering and did not help those in need. He said that Mother Teresa's own words on poverty proved that her intention was not to help people, quoting her words at a 1981 press conference in which she was asked: "Do you teach the poor to endure their lot?" She replied: "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

• Advertisement

Waters is deluded. He wants the country to go back to a very dark past with the church in control.

He sees a troubled future with native Irish people in a minority. And why are such concerns absolutely taboo to raise? That should worry people. Maybe the future will be great but maybe it will be a massive mistake. Why can't it be openly discussed?

Can you say hand on heart that somewhere like Rotherham or Bradford is a better more harmonious place today than it was 50 years ago. Who is asking for their towns and cities to change like that.

Sadly we are paralyzed by a fear of being accused of racism, or upsetting someones feelings so we can't have an open discussion on what we want for our future. And it doesn't have to be no immigration or mass immigration. We can reach a middle ground. We are going to have to make some hard decisions soon anyway especially with the population explosion Africa will see in the 21st century with many of them wanting to come to Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement