Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

batgoat wrote: »
    You can literally watch the entire session in the European Parliament, it's separated by discussion on the European Parliament website.
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/debates-video.html

What is the negative impact of no definitive head? The institutions have presidents, so the two executives have a president each. And the legislature has its own president. We are represented in the EU and we elect our representatives, it's literally operating as a democracy....

And who was negotiation for the Irish interests at Brexit?
    Let me refresh your memory:
    "Ireland will be represented at the highest level at these negotiations" Enda Kenny.
    There was no Irish negotiator at the Brexit talks. Britain is our closest ally, culturally, historically and commercially. I seem to find that all the control lies in the hand of the Germans, French and Italians. That is hardly looking after Irish interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Odhinn

And who was negotiation for the Irish interests at Brexit?
    Let me refresh your memory:
    "Ireland will be represented at the highest level at these negotiations" Enda Kenny.
    There was no Irish negotiator at the Brexit talks. Britain is our closest ally, culturally, historically and commercially. I seem to find that all the control lies in the hand of the Germans, French and Italians. That is hardly looking after Irish interests.

The EU was representing us, it being the European union and we being members. Certainly it wasn't the Brits.

The bit in bold is just laughable at this stage.

Odhinn wrote: »
    The EU was representing us, it being the European union and we being members. Certainly it wasn't the Brits.

The bit in bold is just laughable at this stage.

So we had no Irish delegation negotiating Irish interests?
    Remember the last time you had a dispute? Did you look after it yourself or did you get someone else to do it and come back and tell you how they got on?
    Britain was there for us during the currency crisis, they provided part of the loan at a low rate better than what the ECB was offering.
    Culturally Britain and Ireland are all speaking the same language. If the Germans had their way Europe would all be speaking German post 1942.
    Commercially, most of our trade is done with Britain, more so than any single member of the European union.

Remember the last time you had a dispute? Did you look after it yourself or did you get someone else to do it and come back and tell you how they got on?
    Britain was there for us during the currency crisis, they provided part of the loan at a low rate better than what the ECB was offering.
    Culturally Britain and Ireland are all speaking the same language. If the Germans had their way Europe would all be speaking German post 1942.
    Commercially, most of our trade is done with Britain, more so than any single member of the European union.

If you can't understand the concept of the EU there's not much hope for you.

O Noes!!!!!

They couldn't give a shite what happens to this country.

Odhinn wrote: »
    If you can't understand the concept of the EU there's not much hope for you.

O Noes!!!!!

They couldn't give a shite what happens to this country.

I am sure if you painted the credit crisis in a different light and the Chinese came in and developed the proposed airport for Tipperary town or a new shipping port for Cobh, they might have concerns then. This is going on all over Africa at the minute by the way by the Chinese.

Also we sell most of our exported food to Britain as their population cannot feed itself domestically.

I would consider secure chain supply food the next biggest thing after a source of clean water.

• Advertisement

I am sure if you painted the credit crisis in a different light and the Chinese came in and developed the proposed airport for Tipperary town or a new shipping port for Cobh, they might have concerns then. This is going on all over Africa at the minute by the way by the Chinese.

There's probably some point buried in there, but I confess my inability to work out what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I have met ye all before. You cover up for each other and the quality you are being produced at we would be better off with African witch doctors. Would you like me to recall the headlines from the last few years?

"We were aware when hiring a doctor there were issues with her registration in Germany"
    "Doctor couldnt tell the difference between an xray of an elbow and an xray"
    Doctor Lee down in Ballincollig tried to cover up a terminally ill patients file when it was found out he failed to read a report. The affore mentioned doctor is still practicing.
    I have see 6 doctors fail to spot Mystenia Gravis and then all supported each other.
    Dr Michael Neary....... needs no more comment. The three doctors who vindicated him.

Them witch doctors are starting to looking surprisingly competent with their feathers and bones.

You forgot the "big pharma" bullshbingo buzzword

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dont forget the bullshbingo buzzword
    Something Nazi/Third Reich EUSSR

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You forgot the "big pharma" bullshbingo buzzword

Once again, My issue isnt with the Pharmaceuticals it is how they are prescribed. Any Pharmacist will tell you they save doctors careers on a weekly basis. You carry on my son with what ever narrative that suits yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

A "nation" is only a product of the imagination. When you get down to definitions, differences between one and another are infinitesimally trite.

Like so what if we have a few Raducioius and Da Silvas in our gene pool in years to come? Not to mention the odd Lumumba, Kaunda and Muzorewa. Mankind is a migratory species. Get used to it.

If the German soldier's thought they had "no" nation they would never have went to war with the Soviet Union. What else was unifying them? Blood yes but that expands outward to community and country (i.e. nation). Pride in one's country played a grand part (as it always did for hundreds maybe thousands of years). You could argue Russia and Germany had many links but there was a vastly different ideology. Russia was, in fact, propping up a disgusting communist system, and, as history points out, Nazi Germany waged all out war on that system and they were "right" to stand up for Europe when no one else would have been capable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

An actual Nazi has entered the thread.... So telling..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Dont forget the bullshbingo buzzword
    Something Nazi/Third Reich EUSSR

I can't believe a moderator would post something as offensive and ridiculous.

No wonder people are laughing at Boards.ie on other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Can you name the the definitive head of the European Union or his or her role and title? Cos I sure as hell cant

That's cause there isn't one. The head of the European Council is Donald Tusk. The Head of the Commission is Jean Claude Junker. Neither of them is the "definitive head of the European Union" because no such role exists. The powers of the Commission, Council and Parliament are all tightly defined and LIMITED. Most real power, apart from an agreed level playing field of rules, is still held by the individual sovereign states.
    It's called separation of powers.
    Or democracy if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

If the German soldier's thought they had "no" nation they would never have went to war with the Soviet Union.

"Thought" is the operative word here. Like I said, a nation is a product of the imagination.

The rest of your post I'm really not going to engage with.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I can't believe a moderator would post something as offensive and ridiculous.

No wonder people are laughing at Boards.ie on other sites.

It's called sarcasm. Try reading it again. :rolleyes:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There was no Irish negotiator at the Brexit talks.

The negotiator's mandate was in effect written by Ireland.

Anyway. You can't negotiate effectively with people who don't know what they want (Britain) and can't deliver on anything they do agree on (Britain again.)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Well that is quite a lot of muddying of the waters there so to speak.
    You know where you least racist people? in monocultures.
    You know where you have the most violence and aggression? Where you put two or more very different cultures together.

I love your logic, now if you could only pack that logic and take it back in time. Back to when the Europeans landed in Americas. "We are going to mix it all up and it s going to be grand".
    Or when the British landed in Australia? How them Aborigines come out on top of that deal?

A nation is a set of people with a common sense of history, culture and values. You destroy the culture, the history and scatter the people. They cannot unite or organise and then you can enslave them.

I look at the Irish nation, sold out for magic beans and enslaved by debt and an invisible government in Europe, with an unelected leader and it is the end of democracy and citizens rights silenced by political correctness.

This has got to be the most bat**** crazy post I've ever read on Boards and that's saying something!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

• Advertisement

lbc2019 wrote: »

I feel guilty for laughin at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,399 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

She's live on FB now from Google HQ, Hopefully guards move in soon and feck them out for trespassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

She and a bunch of other lads broke into Google Headquarters just now.

She's streaming live on Facebook right now:

https://www.facebook.com/100011070254271/videos/743618426017159/

Some hairy gobsh/te complaining that Google have the heat on full blast to try and get them.out:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

She and a bunch of other lads broke into Google Headquarters just now.

She's streaming live on Facebook right now:

https://www.facebook.com/100011070254271/videos/743618426017159/

Out of morbid curiosity, I looked at her Twitter. I think part of the reason she is occupying Google HQ is because Youtube suspended her channel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Who???

She's live again and actually said the words "we're fighting a war" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I've said it before and I'll say it again;

Bring back baton charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That dude is Grand Turino, a nasty piece of work

This discussion has been closed.