Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

And if it wasn't illegal it'd still be dangerous yeah?

Just like this could still be dangerous for the child's development even though it falls within the law

Legality is not the arbiter of right/wrong

It might not be dangerous if you were thought how to drive a car at a young age and were therefore, capable of driving a car.

The point I have previously made is that we will not know if this will be dangerous for the child's development because it is too early to tell. We will only know if it has harmed his development in in the long run in the future. It is impossible to tell what harm if any it is currently doing to the development of the child.

cdeb wrote: »
    It's also what is usually done at a lap dance.

Why do you choose to see it as one but not the other?

Becuase he is not dancing on anyone's lap that's the distinction for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

It might not be dangerous if you were thought how to drive a car at a young age and were therefore, capable of driving a car.

The point I have previously made is that we will not know if this will be dangerous for the child's development because it is too early to tell. We will only know if it has harmed his development in in the long run in the future. It is impossible to tell what harm if any it is currently doing to the development of the child.

This is a child's life not some kind of experiment...

What do we say if in 10 years he's completely ****ed up?
    Shrug and say "Oh well"??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No, we say
    so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Strippers don't always dance on your lap. This costs extra I believe. However they do prance around the stage and people do throw money at them on stage. Very like this kid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Wow. So that makes it alright so?

Why don't you consider it a table dance so? Same tipping issue. Is it because there's no table?

And what if it turned out that he would have been completely fine in 10 years but his parents controlled him at the time and didn't allow him to do what they wanted to do (within reason).

So he ended up resenting his parents, hanging out with the wrong crowd and turned to drugs and then ended up being just as ****ed up as some posters think he will be in the future if he continues on the current path that he is on.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just this last point. I'm fairly positive there have been studies done on early application of sexualisation towards children being negative towards their normal development. Not explicitly physical, but mental desensitizing towards normal sexual boundaries and self involvement in same.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

his parents controlled him at the time and didn't allow him to do what they wanted to do (within reason).

Oh the horror!
    So he ended up resenting his parents, hanging out with the wrong crowd and turned to drugs

and becomes a stripper. Wait, he already basically is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,479 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If I stay on this thread I'll be banned for sure, so I'm getting out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

And what if it turned out that he would have been completely fine in 10 years but his parents controlled him at the time and didn't allow him to do what they wanted to do (within reason).

So he ended up resenting his parents, hanging out with the wrong crowd and turned to drugs and then ended up being just as ****ed up as some posters think he will be in the future if he continues on the current path that he is on.

It's not about one child though, is it. Desmond is a symptom of a society that can hardly tell its arse from its elbow. He is celebrated on mainstream day time TV as trail blazing, inspirational, ''the future of America''.

It's about a society having a - gosh, I can't say 'moral fabric' because that is so unfashionable, nowadays - a line in the sand, maybe?

We have swung too far in what is acceptable for children to be able to do now. Fcuk, I don't even care if it is square to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

One of the most surprising things I have seen in TV in recent years was on This Morning, the ITV morning TV show for housewives and stay at home mothers. They featured a little 9yr old boy and his mum from Canada. The little boy was a drag Queen at 8 with drag queen name Lactatia, in reference to breast lactation.
    There were videos of him dancing on stage in "sexy" dresses for mobs of baying adult men.

Most frightening was the reaction of the hosts of This Morning, Philip Schofield and Holly Willoby. They were positively cooing their approval, "how lucky you are to have such an understanding mum to let you live out your dream to dance for men", "and you picked this lovely name Lactatia yourself? Of course you did, clever child", "what a great and touching example of how to truly love and accept a 9 year old like this". It was really very worrying. It felt like a concerted effort to elevate this utter insanity to the realm of an expression of love for your child and a value to aspire to.

A few years ago it would've been too objectionable for a show like Eurotrash, suddenly its reframed as "family values" segment in a daytime show for stay at home mums. It made me incredibly uncomfortable that such ideas were creeping in on TV shows for impressionable people who look to mainstream hosts for cooking and medical advice. I definitely think someone somewhere is pulling the strings with very nefarious intent, I don't believe for a second this is something that's springing up organically, it really is a case of "if you tolerate this then YOUR children will be next".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What the hell was an 11 year old kid doing in a club dancing in front of adult men.

If it was an 11 year old girl in a club dancing in front of men I think we would be calling them paedos and rightly so because it's only sickos that want to see that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

One of the most surprising things I have seen in TV in recent years was on This Morning, the ITV morning TV show for housewives and stay at home mothers. They featured a little 9yr old boy and his mum from Canada. The little boy was a drag Queen at 8 with drag queen name Lactatia, in reference to breast lactation.
    There were videos of him dancing on stage in "sexy" dresses for mobs of baying adult men.

Most frightening was the reaction of the hosts of This Morning, Philip Schofield and Holly Willoby. They were positively cooing their approval, "how lucky you are to have such an understanding mum to let you live out your dream to dance for men", "and you picked this lovely name Lactatia yourself? Of course you did, clever child", "what a great and touching example of how to truly love and accept a 9 year old like this". It was really very worrying. It felt like a concerted effort to elevate this utter insanity to the realm of an expression of love for your child and a value to aspire to.

A few years ago it would've been too objectionable for a show like Eurotrash, suddenly its reframed as "family values" segment in a daytime show for stay at home mums. It made me incredibly uncomfortable that such ideas were creeping in on TV shows for impressionable people who look to mainstream hosts for cooking and medical advice. I definitely think someone somewhere is pulling the strings with very nefarious intent, I don't believe for a second this is something that's springing up organically, it really is a case of "if you tolerate this then YOUR children will be next".

Yes it is real insanity. It is connected to so many other things too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I feel like it's faaairly easy in this situation to identify which path has the higher likelihood of him turning to drugs or whatever...

You're being obtuse

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

backspin. wrote: »
    If this was an 11 year old girl dancing infront of adult men there would be absolute outrage and rightly so. I just don't get why there is such support of this obvious abuse of a young boy.

We live in really f**ked up times.

Actually it happens all the time without comment. Have you ever seen children’s beauty pageants?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Brian? wrote: »
    Actually it happens all the time without comment. Have you ever seen children’s beauty pageants?

While also obscene, they tend to be less sexualised. The US is just crazy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

And they tend to be sexualised enough as it is, let's be honest.

Though at least they're put across as a competition between children. What's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

In fairness, there are lots of comments made about those too. In fact, I would say most people would be against those. I can't imagine an article proclaiming how great the pageants are appearing in a mainstream media source or the participants and their parents being lauded on national television. They are usually the subject of ridicule, if not outrage, and rightly so imo.

How come it's ok to question child beauty pageants but questioning this means you're a raging right wing bigot?

backspin. wrote: »
    He is 11. He is too young to even understand the danger he is in psychologically or even physically.

You might want to ring the Gardaí so about the Billy Barry kids. They’re up late every year I watch the Late Late toy show, dancing around like fierce deviants.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Do audience members throw dollar bills at the performers?
    Also, what percentage of the audience at a pageant have their own children performing? I'd assume it would be greater than 75% at least?

Also, as wrong as this is, there is a difference between a "contest" and a performance.

By the way, I'm not pro beauty pageant by the way. I think they do have the same sexualisation application towards children. The difference though is the pageant is positioned as contest between several kids, where the audience is mainly parents of other performers, so slightly more accepted publicly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

I'd have to agree, there's been a push for all sorts of bizarre behaviour the last few years and a lot of useful idiots to cheerlead it on... Usually of the purple haired variety

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You might want to ring the Gardaí so about the Billy Barry kids. They’re up late every year I watch the Late Late toy show, dancing around like fierce deviants.

Maybe read this again and it might sink in how ridiculous the comparison you are making is.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,479 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Are they being sexualised though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

FFS Brian? Step away from the computer and have a long walk and a good think to yourself.

I don’t think they less sexualised. They just confirm to heterosexual norms in terms of sexualisation.

I was being a bit glib in my argument. But I firmly believe what really makes people uncomfortable is the face it’s a young boy and gay audiences. It grates against current social norms. There is still a wide spread association between bring gay and being a pederast, which is completely inaccurate.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

As messed up as those pageants are it's still not a crowd of drunk men in a bar throwing money and cheering on a child dancing in a sexual way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Think social services may need to check in with Desmond and his folks.

As messed up as those pageants are it's still not a crowd of drunk men in a bar throwing money and cheering on a child dancing in a sexual way.

Dancing around pretending to be Gwen Stefani.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

This shıt is bananas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement