Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    TA'd we've no posts about what you're eating.

Hope you feel better soon Seph!

Ahhh thanks like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

What's your budget?

Thanks Seph - we'll say 300 ish...Current is an older model Samsung A3, might just buy a new one of them 'tis a TA.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mouth is still kinda numb, annoying as hell.
    Thanks Seph - we'll say 300 ish...Current is an older model Samsung A3, might just buy a new one of them 'tis a TA.

I have motorola g6 and it does the job, one annoyance is it has no nfc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/motorola-5-7-Inch-Android-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Deep-Indigo/dp/B07CGJTL8J/ref=sr_1_3?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1539722702&sr=1-3&keywords=motorola+g6

Mouth is still kinda numb, annoying as hell.

I have motorola g6 and it does the job, one annoyance is it has no nfc.

Thanks Seph - might just do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

GET YOUR FRICKING ACT TOGETHER BANK OF IRELAND!! For days now Transactons have been updating. Can't see how this is taking so long. I'd give what oh maybe 48 hours for this type of thing would give 2 days in case the day was a busy one in the first 24 hours, but.... after 2 days, I'm starting to get a bit suspicious now about and want to ask questions about what ye're at. The funny thing is, - yesterday it did go full circle and everything did seem updated but then today is back like it was 2 days ago. I did ring them last night. But all's the gal on the other end of the Phone could tell me was it'll be updated whenever it's updated. Whenever that will be. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Shure what kind of useless info is that. No help. Have I go sitting down with a Calculator and totting up everything. FEIC SAKE. :mad::mad: SORT YOURSELVES OUT B.O.I.

This, I am still waiting for transactions to come through from Sunday night to see what damage I done while out on the booze! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Bank of Ireland not supporting Apple Pay.
    Seems like such a waste of a feature on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Think me phone is on the way out, it's getting iffy charging, lately I've missed a few calls where people said it went to voicemail despite being in good signal areas.

Part of me would like something snazzy-ish but I'm baulking at the prices when 90% of the time it's for occasional calls and texts. Not used for music/camera/games etc.

I'm having the same problem with my phone. Looking at what's on offer, I'm thinking of Huawei Y6 2018, €129.99. TA that I will have to get used to a different phone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Back in work after 2 days off with my stupid back. Already everyone is annoying me. Why does my colleague feel the need to ask me the same thing 10 different ways. Yes you've told me there's a problem, I will fix it. **** up talking about it and let me fix it.

I miss my couch, my cat and the peace and quiet of my house.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I am just 1 person. Please stop thinking that I can do everything for everyone at the same time before I've had my coffee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Getting an email and then a call the same second, "I've just sent you an email".

Then fcuk off and let me read the bastard thing!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Texted the OH asking if he still wanted to come over next month "sure", he said. I asked him if he wanted to book it later this week when I'm paid, he said "I guess." You either do or you don't, which is it? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Getting an email and then a call the same second, "I've just sent you an email".

Then fcuk off and let me read the bastard thing!!!!!!!

I get that all the time from one of my customers. If I don't answer my phone, you hear the next desk phone ringing, then the next one, then the next one.
    They just keep calling relentlessly until someone answers to tell them that they will read their email.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I get that all the time from one of my customers. If I don't answer my phone, you hear the next desk phone ringing, then the next one, then the next one.
    They just keep calling relentlessly until someone answers to tell them that they will read their email.

Bloody annoying it is!!!!!!!!

Bloody annoying it is!!!!!!!!
    If I see a call coming from their country code and notice a mail in my inbox from them, I don't answer anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

The radio is on in our office which is fine - background noise. I pretty much despise all popular music & the same songs are played over and over and over again but what makes it even worse is everyone in the office singing along to all the songs, ALL the time. SHUT UP!

Driving me absolutely mental

color_girl wrote: »
    The radio is on in our office which is fine - background noise. I pretty much despise all popular music & the same songs are played over and over and over again but what makes it even worse is everyone in the office singing along to all the songs, ALL the time. SHUT UP!

Driving me absolutely mental

May I second this and once again raise the twin horrors of a) tinny tunes on public transport - GET HEADPHONES!!! and b) hearing a song come on - usually Perry or Beeonce (sic) and hearing girls give a collective "WOOOOOOOO".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Youtube problems in the early hours of the morning.

Anxiety. I'm nervous enough about my presentation and interview today, and now my bf isn't answering my texts despite being online and it's making my head go off on a tangent of "he must be mad at you, what did you do/say?" despite the fact that I know he's not mad or annoyed because he has no reason to be and my brain is just being fcuking stupid. Need this day to be over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I have a coldsore or a very big cut inside my nose. It's very painful!

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Anxiety. I'm nervous enough about my presentation and interview today, and now my bf isn't answering my texts despite being online and it's making my head go off on a tangent of "he must be mad at you, what did you do/say?" despite the fact that I know he's not mad or annoyed because he has no reason to be and my brain is just being fcuking stupid. Need this day to be over.

+1

TA people who say they have anxiety and don't when there's actual sufferers like the poster here.

Very annoying - I have GAD and my boss has said before I take "every criticism to heart" - yeah not 100% my fault dude.

Be well Kitty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People in the queue at aldi ,who only have a few things.But dont put the items on the belt.Then when its there turn,try and move my stuff back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Trying to ring a Company now is mission impossible. It's near impossible to get talking to a real live person on the Phone. A Hooman if you will. :pac: Press this for that. Press that for this. Then there's about seven options and by the time the Robot has finished rattling off, ya forget which number ya have to press to try and actually get speaking to someone ya want! And then it just feicing rings out! So I've wasted my credit spent a couple of minutes on the Phone talking to a Robot today, didn't get speaking to anybody and for the pleasure of it am down a couple of Euro now too. :rolleyes: A handful of minutes on the Phone is actually a sizeable chunk of Credit and Phone-Calls aren't cheap these days.

Bought a variety pack of Hunky Dorys as I thought - went to the cupboard there now and I realise I picked up an all Cheese and Onion one by mistake.

They'll do but I really wanted Buffalo flavour now #sake

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Millionaires running for the Irish presidency that no one really know nationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

+1

TA people who say they have anxiety and don't when there's actual sufferers like the poster here.

Very annoying - I have GAD and my boss has said before I take "every criticism to heart" - yeah not 100% my fault dude.

Be well Kitty.

Have a boss who says the same. I stop short of replying with trust me, you don't need to criticize because you will never be as hard on me as I will be on myself. It's hard to deal with the anxiety hamster in his wheel in work when someone is telling you you did something wrong....

+1

Be well Kitty.

I go through times of it being worse than others and then I just have days where things I have on exacerbate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The roaring and shouting coming from next door , along with sometimes having to get them to move from my gate with their horses , just so I can get in home .

And having a "man cave" , (caravan)for their drink and drugs sessions at all hours of the night . Hopefully this one won't get set on fire during the night like the last one .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    The roaring and shouting coming from next door , along with sometimes having to get them to move from my gate with their horses , just so I can get in home .

And having a "man cave" , (caravan)for their drink and drugs sessions at all hours of the night . Hopefully this one won't get set on fire during the night like the last one .

That sounds more than trivial... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Getting over 200mb download speeds but experiencing buffering non stop while stream 480 and 520 quality :(

Just let me watch the show !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TG1 wrote: »
    That sounds more than trivial... :(

It is tbh , and what's worse is that I've gotten used to it being/been(?) like that :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement