Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

LirW wrote: »
    People being mental on the road when it's just before Christmas. It's like common sense went out the window for a few days.

Mental. It's insanity.. Seriously like WTF?!

Shops that don't have a telephone number so you can't contact them to find out their Christmas opening hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

northgirl wrote: »
    Shops that don't have a telephone number so you can't contact them to find out their Christmas opening hours.

Also Shops that use their crappy Facebook page as their homepage.

Can't decide if I want to go out tomorrow night or wait til after christmas day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Why are moderator names now not bolded when they give thanks? I noticed today and at first thought the person had stepped down, which is fair enough but after seeing 3 I checked and they are still moderators. It really is the definition of trivial, but why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The intermittent speed on my windscreen wipers is too slow, and the next setting is too fast unless it’s heavy rain. Have to keep hitting the wiper thingy yourself to clear it often enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Do I attract people, like flies to 💩- empty and gobshights sit beside me! Fcuk off over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Parents that can’t control their kids in a queue, one banging his bag off me one side and the other lil ****er pushing her way in front whilst the parents are laughing and joking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Coming home an hour ago with my big gob open walking in the front door.
    The moth found a new home for himself didn't he!

To thine own self be true

Fúcking Christmas tree lights. fúck off and disentangle yourselves and come back to me. 300 of the bastards fite fuaite in one bundle, with a fancy schmancy remote control with all sorts of buttons and settings that I'd never use. You can keep the remote. Maybe pack them in packs of 50 rather than 300? Anyway, there's currently a few moderately neat rows of lights on the top half of the tree, while down the bottom despair got the lámh in uachtar over me so I just threw everything in there in a bundle. There's a couple of arty relatives calling around tomorrow so I might prompt the kids to inveigle them into sorting it out!

Oh, yeah, and RTÉ starting their 9pm news at 9:35 tonight (or whatever other random time they choose on a Saturday night). Consistency would be welcome.

Edit: Just looked again and the top of the tree is fairly shíte too, and the tree seems to be toppling over with the massive bundle of lights on the bottom right. This tree needs a delicate, sensitive, nuanced female touch!

• Advertisement

Herself just walked in the door. 'What happened our Christmas tree?' She moves her head right, sways it over left, opens her mouth, says: 'It's... it's like somebody attacked our lovely Christmas tree... Does this not look odd to you?'
    Me: 'What?'
    Herself (now laughing): 'You see, you have to disentangle everything...'
    Me: 'Oh, I tried for hours and hours and the kids were bringing the lights out to different corners of the room but ended up dancing on the lights and tying each other up with them...'
    Herself: 'You were very good to try so hard. I'll have to come back and sort it out in a few minutes, though.'

{{holds breath}}

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dublin airport taxi drivers have to be the most miserable individuals in the State. They always put me in bad form with their rudeness, whinging and moaning.

Sky boxing commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The elderly uncle annoys me when he tries to fix things. If he would tell me something needs fixing, like the sink being blocked, I'd sort it. He ends up making it worse, and making a mess, and it takes me double the time to clear it all up. He's trying to help, but it drives me mad.

Pretty sure someone has my bank card details. Got a text about confirming a transaction that wasn’t made by me, and there’s a charge on my account for Netflix that wasn’t done by me either. Annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Went to do the big shop yesterday, was delighted to be done with it. At home I realised I forgot nappies for the toddler.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Housemates gone home for Christmas and good for them

TA’d they didn’t clear their perishables from the fridge, there is milk in there gone off 4 days

Also a fancy glass jar with some sort of mould

I’m tossing it all, fancy glass jar n’all. Let them moan when they return

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Went to shop to buy a bottle of bubbly for Xmas dinner. Said they cannot sell alcohol on Sunday mornings.

This is still a thing in 2018!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You will have to return at 12:30

Been like that for several years now

You can blame the publicans in the Dáil ;)

• Advertisement

Being on hold

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

When I give a friend a gift it could be something small like a cake And they reply " you are an aufull woman you shouldnt have done that" kinda pisses me off even though it probably isnt meant to be like that at all. Gave a friend a coat that I bought and couldnt return it as the receipt was out of date, cost €150 in the sale, loved it but just too big for, me - gave it to a friend, its great on her, she told me she gets tonnes of compliments wearing it, its something she would never buy for herself, she's not short of a bob, every time she refers to it she says to me " you are a foolish woman to give away that coat" that bugs me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

mikemac2 wrote: »
    You will have to return at 12:30

Been like that for several years now

You can blame the publicans in the Dáil ;)

You can buy alcohol today at 10.30....its part of the intoxicating liquor act regarding Xmas time ...
    But most premises are not aware of it

You can buy alcohol today at 10.30....its part of the intoxicating liquor act regarding Xmas time ...
    But most premises are not aware of it

Off licence closed too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Off licence closed too

Yep, a lot of people will be kicking themselves once they realise they've lost a full days trading

Jaysus just set a empty frozen chip bag on fire and also have a smoldering box of mince pies. TA that I nearly burnt me house down. Be careful with Xmas candles folks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No more champagne for you!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Bloody wrecked tired, seems our neighbours were being raided again late last night, Gardai there and some noise kicking off :(. How I would dearly love to move.
    I thought I was clever going shopping at 11 but the poxy off licence wasn't open till 12.30 for the last couple of bits. The usual few bits that couldn't be got in one supermarket had to be got in the other.

Just back from the shopping centre, there was a queue heading in there as expected due to the traffic lights and there's a big yellow box nearby and no one drove into unless there was space ahead, the other 2 lanes heading into town were empty.. Along comes this absolute cnut up the outside and into the yellow box to skip the queue.. I'm still fcuking raging over it.. As if the rest of us were queuing fit the good of our health.. This kind of ****e boils my blood tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One light on car went this morning , then could hear a weird noise , thought I had a puncture . Got out to check , a bleeding bolt stuck in the tyre !
    Fun afternoon ahead switching the wheel for the spare one !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement