Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McCririck loses it (against the Irish) on Newstalk

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

I found the title of the thread misleading. Do you disagree?.

And how so, oh wise one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Come on, horse: everybody knows that 'whom' is only used in the objective form and if you use it in the subjective form it will result in you ... let me see ...'portraying yourself as a bigger fool, than you have already achieved in doing so'?

http://www.oestarapublishing.com/grammar/subob.html: WHO equals HE, and WHOM equals HIM

http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/whoVwhom.asp

PS: Also avoid using "whilst" instead of "while", "an historic" instead of "a historic" and any other variants of English which you think sound posher but actually are not.

Yours, pedantically...

Now yer talkin'!.

I appreciate your constructive criticism, and will take THIS post onboard to improve my use of English.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Why are you still on the thread.

You said you disapproved of it's existence, so why did you even come back for a second read?

The thread has evolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No I am not. However I found the title of the thread misleading. Do you disagree?.

No, it's an accurate description of what occurred.

Once again, you're not obliged to read anything on this forum. If a thread isn't to your tastes, just close your browser. If you're inconvenienced by a single click of a mouse, then suck it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The thread has evolved.

How did you know, are you psychic?

You had a pop at the OP for starting the thread, saying it was: "Sh*te that you could do without".

Do you usually keep checking treads you consider "Shite you could do without..." for signs of evolution?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Pocaide wrote: »
    Too true rebelheart but ask most but not all Liverpool Man utd Chelsea Arsenal etc fans here in Ireland who they will be supporting in the World Cup this summer and the answer 9 times out of ten will be who ever is against England

I reckon that this year it will be whoever is against France.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I've never taken anything this guy says seriously. He is very funny though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Just listened to it if I am ever lucky enough to get within 10 feet of that thing I will have no problem in doing time..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Here's an Irishman (Barney Curley) calling out the pompous twat McCririck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

The guy is basically Rod Liddlle's father ... another scruffy overweight shít-stirrer with delusions of grandeur.

• Advertisement

Easy there Pete, ye don't make it easy for new comers around here, I'll have to learn fast!

How did you know, are you psychic?

No.

had a pop at the OP for starting the thread, saying it was: "Sh*te that you could do without".

Wasn't having a pop. Badly put forward point on my behalf, my point being that I felt the title of the thread sensationalised what I felt was, in most light hearted batter. McCrirrck made a fool out of himself more than anything else.

you usually keep checking treads you consider "Shite you could do without..." for signs of evolution?

Short answer, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Who gives a shît what the British think of us. There are no British jokes like Paddy, Taff, or Jock jokes as they're a bitter little nation who lost an empire through their own short sighted foolishness, just laugh at their reality. That, and all the restless natives followed them home :D

Aidric wrote: »

Great clip!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"...have cameras up the horses backside"

Haha!

Easy there Pete, ye don't make it easy for new comers around here, I'll have to learn fast!

I'm nicer to newbies that I am to regulars :p

Infairness, you had a go at the OP and so didn't exactly make it easy for yourself.
    Wasn't having a pop. Badly put forward point on my behalf, my point being that I felt the title of the thread sensationalised what I felt was

People who start thread, myself included, are all just wannabe news editors, so the thread title is our way of pulling in the views.

Like this thread for example:

Henry Sex Scandal: Henry Caught Having Sex With Polish Builder

in most light hearted batter. McCrirrck made a fool out of himself more than anything else.

I agree, welcome to After Hours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Just listened.
    Two words to describe him: pathetic and ignorant.
    Actually, ignorant first. then pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Aidric, brilliant find, I burst my hole laughing at at it!
    I don't mind the brits in general, the best english people are the ones who go out into the world on their own, away from their anglo-centric environment, these are the best, sound out, extremely friendly (the same can be said about any nationality).
    The ones that are dicks (with McCririck being the pinnacle of this) are the ones that live in their bubble, harbour ridiculous ideas of grandeur and the greatness of a non-existent empire.
    On another note regarding jokes, most english people will agree that anyone who tries to crack a joke now about "Paddy the naavy" or "Mick the car bomber" is a fucking cretin with a lizard brain and this is a tiny minority like McCririck, the waste of organs who shouldn't even be on television or radio.

Agree with Barney on most things over the years but th accusation of people "taking" from racing is kinda funny.

Cut any telephone wires lately Barney? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭sudzs

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Just listened.
    Two words to describe him: pathetic and ignorant.
    Actually, ignorant first. then pathetic

how 'bout three words... tongue in cheek

or five... not to be taken seriously.

He's just a showman. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

sudzs wrote: »
    how 'bout three words... tongue in cheek

or five... not to be taken seriously.

He's just a showman. :rolleyes:

Sounds like he's trying to be controversial for the sake of it. Sort of like Kevin Myres. But at least Myres reads up on a subject first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Anyone who takes John McCririck seriously deserves to be offended. Just sit back and enjoy his demented twitterings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Agree with Barney on most things over the years but th accusation of people "taking" from racing is kinda funny.

Cut any telephone wires lately Barney? :p
    Ha, Curley pulled off some coups down the years so he's no man to be preaching. In this instance though he delivered some quality lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, but that was directly in response to George talking about the numbers of Irish who fought in WWII.

However, I did think it was bull**** alright when McCririck said we feel guilty about being neutral. I don't think there is any feeling of guilt there at all. Less than 20 years after a war of independence and a civil war, there was no way we were going to be fighting side by side with Britain and welcoming their navy into our ports.

Indeed, Churchill had a bee in his bonnet over the Treaty Ports in particular. He couldn't justifiably attack Neutrality so he seized on the condolences. Opportunism just like getting a dig in at DeV, even when giving his victory speech after the war. DeV did the diplomatically correct thing, even James Dillon who strongly opposed our Neutrality, agreed.

Anyway, DeV defended Neutrality very well, his finest hour:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I will say Yellow Sam was pretty class!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

When are we going to start talking about Northern Ireland? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Melody High Knapsack

Jesus guys its hard to believe anyone was offended by that rubbish, what ever happened to the Irish ability to step back and laugh at ourselves.

Here's a youtube clip..

Just for the larf.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Sounds like he's trying to be controversial for the sake of it. Sort of like Kevin Myres. But at least Myres reads up on a subject first.

You're being far too generous to young Caoimhín. Whether it's his claims about the relatives of Bloody Sunday, the grammar of the Irish language, the agenda of unmarried mothers (all of them), the travelling community (all of them) and much, much else, Kevin Myers has not exactly been an erudite and learned commentator on what he writes about.

A chancer, at best.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    When are we going to start talking about Northern Ireland? :mad:

Northern Ireland...:D

El Siglo wrote: »

The most memorably funny of all clips concerning the Six Counties - although Martin McGuinness's response to the aforesaid Sammy Wilson in Stormont shortly after Sammy was photographed running around naked with his girlfriend is easily up there with it:

"It is also very good to come across someone like Mr Sammy Wilson, whom I have never met, and it is great to see him today with his clothes on."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Crying laughing here at "what does Wogan think?"

Sammy Wilson carried it of well too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement