Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

security Dublin Airport

Options
  • 17-07-2019 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Travelling to Mian-Bergamo airport this fri morning at 6.15 am. Coming from Galway so taking bus.Bus am taking will be at Dublin at 4.45.Presume this is fine - arriving at departures hour and a half before departure. Wondering these days for early flights how long it takes roughly to get through security? If got the earlier bus would meant being in departures well over 2 hours before departure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Snapgal wrote: »
    Travelling to Mian-Bergamo airport this fri morning at 6.15 am. Coming from Galway so taking bus.Bus am taking will be at Dublin at 4.45.Presume this is fine - arriving at departures hour and a half before departure. Wondering these days for early flights how long it takes roughly to get through security? If got the earlier bus would meant being in departures well over 2 hours before departure.

Personally at that time of the morning I find it easier to go through security in T2 and there is a post security walkway that takes you to T1, 5 min walk, it has and continues to save me alot of time, especially for early flights before the main US departures rack up in T2.

They also honour Ryanair fast pass in T2 which you can buy for @5-7 yoyos, or the Dublin airport fast track which is €5.95 - https://www.dublinairport.com/enhance-your-journey/fast-track?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Get a free vodafone voucher code and book fastrack for T1 on the DAA website or pay the €7 . It takes the stress out of it. Saying that I fly twice a week through T1 and the longest I've been getting through security without fast track is about 30 minutes. Theyre alot better the last two years . I book fastrack anytime the free vouchers are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blanchwill

What bus company are you travelling with? If its bus eireann I wouldn't bank on arriving on time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

blanchwill wrote: »
    What bus company are you travelling with? If its bus eireann I wouldn't bank on arriving on time
    GoBus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

blanchwill wrote: »

Is it a Galway route issue? I’ve not experienced any delays on BE’s airport services
    OP as long as you’re joining the que for security 90 mins before departure you’ll be fine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Snapgal

Thanks for replies guys. Say should be fine.Have checked in online already. Travelling with Eireagle bus from Galway - parents are coming with me and have free travel passes. GoBus do not accept travel passes on Galway- Dublin Airport route.

Advertisement