Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

North Tipperary Wheelers - Open Race 24/3/19

• 18-02-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭

North Tipperary Wheelers are hosting an Open Race on the 24th March in Cloughjordan, Co. Tipperary, 10 minutes from Obama Plaza.

There are 3 Races on the day, A1/A2, A3/Juniors, and an A4 race.

NTWRR19-724x1024.jpg

http://www.northtippwheelers.com/openrace/

Strava Route

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lumpy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Its very flat, a few drags but nothing difficult, Strava gives it 200m of climbing over the 40km lap, not really for the mountain goats

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Its very flat, a few drags but nothing difficult, Strava gives it 200m of climbing over the 40km lap, not really for the mountain goats

Perfect, I'll be there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

dahat wrote: »
    Perfect, I'll be there.

I'm out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 porcupine3

I'll be there.

• Advertisement

A3/JNR is 120km... ouch but i'll be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

May regret saying this but its nice to have a longer race. Some of last summer A3 races were very short

Excellent news. Best of luck to ye

At the moment the forecast is looking ok. Might be cool but no rain forecasted so far.

May regret saying this but its nice to have a longer race. Some of last summer A3 races were very short

I cramped at 65k last week so expecting similar this week but hoping to hang on for the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

For anyone travelling to the venue for the first time, the race HQ is Thomas McDonagh Park, Cloughjordan - Eircode: E53FE89 Easiest access is from junction 23 at Moneygall (Obama Plaza) - from the village of Moneygall follow the signs to Cloughjordan - this is also the final 9Km of the race (so you can plan your tactics!).

• Advertisement

Enjoyed this today folks, well done to all involved.

There seemed to be alot of traffic on one part of the course, drivers generally respectful though. I'll be back next year hopefully.

Moneygall - Cloughjordan seemed a fair bit busier than the rest alright, then again the rest was very quiet traffic wise.

Nice to have 3 hrs of racing though first race of the year and it was mainly wheel sucking for me today. Raced for 5-10 minutes on the second lap, blew my lights, scurried back into the bunch and stayed there for the rest of the race !

Today was first time racing beyond 100km so delighted with the outcome. Legs felt good all day long so raced accordingly. I went for a decent finish 1km out but got nabbed so think I got 10th (unsure tbh).

One commisaire was nuts, nearly drove us into the gutter while roaring about white line protocol.

Glad ye enjoyed the racing

There was a fantastic turnout across the 3 races. I think there was 220 in total.

Missed the finish of the A4 race but caught the other two.

Apart from the headwind for the finish. The weather was good.

T
    One commisaire was nuts, nearly drove us into the gutter while roaring about white line protocol.

Yes ! Have never seen this guy before but kept imagining that if he was a teacher 30 years ago, he'd be firing the duster around the classroom. He kept roaring out the window about disqualification of riders as the car was passing. And from what I gather nobody had a clue what he was on about. At one point on the quiet old main road most of the bunch was riding inside the hard shoulder (and well inside the midway line) and he was still roaring away. Never seen the likes of it before !

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

There were disqualifications. Were the rules broken, perhaps, was there a need to disqualify, I don't think it was really necessary.

nordicb wrote: »
    There were disqualifications. Were the rules broken, perhaps, was there a need to disqualify, I don't think it was really necessary.

Really? Didn't hear of any post race.

Maybe thats why my tenth place isn't listed anywhere :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

I have heard of 2, one for incorrect numbers, another for crossing the white line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I have heard of 2, one for incorrect numbers, another for crossing the white line.

I wasn't there so cannot comment on this case but if it was a solid white line, the comms were right to do it. For years people routinely ignored comms calling them on it. The only negative is that unless that person was competitive at the front or it carries over to another race, there is no real punishment here. I know one Comms l;ooking at installing cameras for post race review after being continuously ignored on one race, I wouldn't blame them. It is not an easy job and one that gets little thanks.

The wrong numbers thing is a PITA for the comms, DQ might be a bit harsh if a genuine mistake (pinning on last years numbers).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Great race well run enjoyed the day out and as was stated great to have a decent 3hrs in the legs at race pace

• Advertisement

Really? Didn't hear of any post race.

Maybe thats why my tenth place isn't listed anywhere :mad:
    Updated on StickyBottle now

Hopefully elsewhere soon

Hopefully elsewhere soon

Thanks, seems small but an A3 pt means alot to an auld fat lad chasing young lads in races!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

There was an A4 disqualified from getting 8th place, He went the wrong side of the traffic island in Moneygall.

Hopefully elsewhere soon

Is there an offical site to see all results from every race around the country? ATM I'm relying on stickybottle who do a good job but do no cover everything and facebook is messy but is popular with some clubs.

tuxy wrote: »
    Is there an offical site to see all results from every race around the country? ATM I'm relying on stickybottle who do a good job but do no cover everything and facebook is messy but is popular with some clubs.

Cycle Ireland updates on a Monday morning with all results.

Cycle Ireland updates on a Monday morning with all results.

Thanks! for some reason I thought cycling Ireland didn't publish results, no idea why.

Advertisement