Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

recommendations for Thermal imaging, very draughty house

Options
  • 18-02-2019 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,
    Am looking into getting a thermal image survey or air tightness test carried out, and looking for any advice on which to pick or any recommendations of a good company, we are in the kildare area.
    We have a 20 year old bungalow, bought approx 2 years ago.
    Attic insulation has been topped up, new doors and windows installed, have been told by two insulation companies that our walls are pumped, But we still have really bad draughts in most of the rooms in particular the front of the house.
    Any advice really appriciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

If it's specifically draughts you want to address, get a smoke stick to check seals around doors, windows, skirting, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cavagirl

Hi,
    Thanks for reply, have tried this with a candle, but still unable to pinpoint where its coming from..... its almost like its coming through the walls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

We got thermal imaging survey done last year off a recommendation from a boardsie. PM me for details. The most interesting revelation was basically cold air entering the attic as normal but going down the back of internal plasterboard and emerging into the house under skirting and anywhere else where the the plasterboard was punctured like wall sockets. We actually haven't done a whole lot to remediate but I felt the survey was very worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

krazyklown wrote: »
    We got thermal imaging survey done last year off a recommendation from a boardsie. PM me for details. The most interesting revelation was basically cold air entering the attic as normal but going down the back of internal plasterboard and emerging into the house under skirting and anywhere else where the the plasterboard was punctured like wall sockets. We actually haven't done a whole lot to remediate but I felt the survey was very worthwhile.

+1

OP: if your house is dry lined, take off a wall vent and post some pictures of what you see.
    okay at 3 posts you wont be able to post a link to picture.
    If you break up the link we can help
    eg
    www space flicker space com or similar

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Calahonda 52,

No, the walls are not dry lined

• Advertisement

krazyklown wrote: »

Pm'd you

Advertisement