Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting cabinets into the house - Your tips please

• 08-02-2019 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a cab arriving next week and I am a bit worried about how I am going to get it in the door. It is getting delivered on a pallet. Its a standard woody type by Electrocoin and it will fit through the door but I am wondering if it is best practice to remove the monitor first? I am a bit worried about removing the monitor as I have never done it before and cannot find any guides about how to do it with my particular cab (cannot find anything on YouTube detailing removal of glass panel etc). I don't want to be fiddling with it in my front garden with the possibility of rain also. Would it be a good idea to have a hand trolley at the ready? Would two lads be enough to lift it through the door with the monitor in place? (19 inch crt)

Any tips would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got two electrocoin xenons in and out of my house no bothers, on my own . Pretty sure they have wheels on them. Have a hand trolly in case. It’s easy though. Just roll it in. You won’t have to take the monitor out or anything. I got a time crisis machine through my door and it’s huge.

Unless it’s one of the electrocoin duets then ignore above and buy a chainsaw. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Its an Electrocoin Neo Geo cab, I think I will be renting a hand trolley to have just in case

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Would be handy to have alright. But if it has wheels you will be grand. I’ve moved cabs with no wheels by sliding them on towels across my floors.

Wow thanks Optimus, I'm reassured, I had it in my head that it was going to be very difficult to move. I'm almost sure it doesn't have wheels but I will have a trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

I've found laying cabs flat on an old rug and pulling along a great floor saver also. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,360 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

19 inch monitor, Electrocoin...is it a Neo? has to be!

I wouldnt imagine you'd have much difficulty moving that through a door, definitely wouldn't be removing the monitor.

I've yet to have a cabinet not fit through a door.

o1s1n wrote: »
    19 inch monitor, Electrocoin...is it a Neo? has to be!

I wouldnt imagine you'd have much difficulty moving that through a door, definitely wouldn't be removing the monitor.

I've yet to have a cabinet not fit through a door.

It is indeed a Neo O1s1n, I will post pics when it arrives of course. Its not so much fitting through the door I'm worried about (measurements already made) its more so the lifting/moving of the cab I not sure about as it will be my first time (and not last :D)

Master of the Universe

Excellent! I think I remember someone here ages ago saying they were buying one?

Ah it'll be grand, just think of it as a big home appliance. You'd probably do more damage/displacement to the monitor by taking out rather than leaving it be.

I've had a cabinet literally drop on it's back twice and it's still working grand - they're hardy yolks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tenor.gif

Excellent! I think I remember someone here ages ago saying they were buying one?

Probably me, seller pulled out. Kinda glad though because the one I got is exactly what I was after. Needs a bit of TLC but when done it will be like new. Martin (Retro logistics) picked it up this week so counting the days till it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

Probably me, seller pulled out. Kinda glad though because the one I got is exactly what I was after. Needs a bit of TLC but when done it will be like new. Martin (Retro logistics) picked it up this week so counting the days till it arrives.

What's he charging ? The tlc is half the fun

geotrig wrote: »
    What's he charging ? The tlc is half the fun

100 quid for pickup, pallet & storage until collection by Transland. Good value if it means I dont have to get a ferry with a rented van..

Ah I wouldn't worry as long as its narrower than the door.
    Never seen an electocoin neo in the flesh .
    Does it come with a 6 slot?
    I'd have
    league bowling ,
    neo turf masters,
    wind jammers,
    neogeo worldcup 98(superside kicks),
    the rally game ....????
    .............something else!

Sure does, working (which is rare for a 6 slot!)

Ill give it a good clean (dip it in honey :pac:) and probably put a proper battery connection on there to prevent leaks (battery leaks are killing MVS boards the world over it seems)

Master of the Universe

Ah I wouldn't worry as long as its narrower than the door.
    Never seen an electocoin neo in the flesh .
    I'd have
    league bowling ,
    neo turf masters,
    wind jammers,
    neogeo worldcup 98(superside kicks),
    the rally game ....????
    .............something else!

I spent a lot of time playing one in the 90s in a Tinahealy pub called O Connors in Wicklow. Only place I ever saw a 6 slot here. (Everyone else just seemed to have a 1 slot in a generic woody or maybe a duet)

They had Metal Slug, Puzzle Bobble, Windjammers, Neo Cup 98, Nam 75 and a fighting game I can't quite remember. Might have been Art of Fighting.

Tried to figure out if they still had it stored away somewhere years later but the owner had no idea what I was talk about sadly :(

I spent a lot of time playing one in the 90s in a Tinahealy pub called O Connors in Wicklow. Only place I ever saw a 6 slot here.

There was one in the XL bowl in Palmerstown, that's where I fell in love with it, it came in one day brand spanking new. There was one in Bray (the arcade on the sea front that had an upstairs section). The only other time I saw one in Ireland was at the GameOn exhibition..

Advertisement