Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacement frame prescription glasses

Options
  • 03-02-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice. I broke the arm on my prescription sunglasses. The lenses are perfect. If I was lucky enough to get a replacement frame does anyone know a place that would fit them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

could you go back to your optician and see if they have a replacement arm? Probably easier in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

could you go back to your optician and see if they have a replacement arm? Probably easier in the long run.

Unfortunately the opticians has been taken over by another company and they don’t stock that particular frame anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

That's a shame. I know most opticians will reglaze old frames so long as you sign a waiver that says if they break them trying to reglaze them it's not their fault- I've friends who routinely buy vintage frames and do this. I don't know if it applies in reverse. It might just be less hassle to get new ones tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

luppy wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice. I broke the arm on my prescription sunglasses. The lenses are perfect. If I was lucky enough to get a replacement frame does anyone know a place that would fit them?

If it's the exact same frame then it's a fair easy job to do. If it's a different frame that's another story. It would be worth finding an opticians that stock that frame if possible

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Has the arm come away from the hinge or is it actually broken, like snapped off somewhere or the hinge is damaged?

• Advertisement
Advertisement