Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warmest pool water in Dublin?

• 13-01-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

What pool in Dublin has the warmest water?

Its not that I'm a wimp, have swam in cold water all my life - lakes, seas, anywhere

Have developed an allergic reaction to cold water: seriously, there is such a thing! (Yes, it was news to me, too - a nasty shock)

So if I want to swim at all, it needs to be good and warm.

Recommendations? Southside if possible. Cheap if possible!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Hi folks

What pool in Dublin has the warmest water?

Its not that I'm a wimp, have swam in cold water all my life - lakes, seas, anywhere

Have developed an allergic reaction to cold water: seriously, there is such a thing! (Yes, it was news to me, too - a nasty shock)

So if I want to swim at all, it needs to be good and warm.

Recommendations? Southside if possible. Cheap if possible!

Palmerstown, Stewart's hospital. Water must be well over 35c, feels like getting into a warm bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,349 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

There's a fairly close link between warm temperature and bacteria, so make sure you don't get other kinds of allergic reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Thank you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

st Augustine's school blackrock. Look up where water babies operates out of as they need warm water for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Cheeverstown in Templeogue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Ballyfermot pool is always pretty warm. Clondalkin is always freezing!!!

Thank you all for the great recommendations!

I'm sure I will find something among all of those :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

What do you mean by "warm water", anything over 20 or it has to be 25-30-35?

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    What do you mean by "warm water", anything over 20 or it has to be 25-30-35?

I don't really know. Haven't swam since I had the diagnosis.

And the water in the Irish Sea that day was about 18C, very warm, last August.

I'd say, to avoid the reaction, around 30C probably. [A guess]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Rathmines leisure center pool, boil an egg in it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

not sure of the temperature but I find the Mespill unusually warm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I would suggest you contact Enable Ireland in Sandymount. Their pool is very warm as it is used for physical therapy . I know they used to have public hours but I haven’t been there in a few years.

Advertisement