Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anthem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I heard the demo is also easier so game journalists can actually play it and give it a good rating. Reducing the grind isn't that big a deal if it's just done for sake of demonstration and not to mislead. However given the publisher... this wouldn't be the first time if it is indeed that situation(to mislead). This is a definite wait and see. If it's meant to be a business model similar to guild wars then there's really no harm in letting it get past its growing pains anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've some friend invites for the demo if anyone wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I heard the demo is also easier so game journalists can actually play it and give it a good rating. Reducing the grind isn't that big a deal if it's just done for sake of demonstration and not to mislead. However given the publisher... this wouldn't be the first time if it is indeed that situation(to mislead). This is a definite wait and see. If it's meant to be a business model similar to guild wars then there's really no harm in letting it get past its growing pains anyway.
    That was The Quartering talking out of his arse again.

See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kiith wrote: »
    I've some friend invites for the demo if anyone wants one.

I'll take a demo key off you Kiith if you don't mind. Its on PC i assume? Curious to see how it runs on my machine. If console key, ill pass thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Enfilade wrote: »
    I really must give monster hunter a proper look. On paper it sounded like my kind of game but the demo left me scratching my head, and likely for the reason you mentioned.

It was this video that encouraged me to try it again and im so glad i did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is the demo not available to everyone on Origin? I haven't pre-ordered or needed a key to start the demo there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'll take a demo key off you Kiith if you don't mind. Its on PC i assume? Curious to see how it runs on my machine. If console key, ill pass thanks

The friend code is just a link that you use to gain access to the demo. It will work on any platform

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There was a closed door event recently and watching some of that I could believe it but the demo this week and next will likely not be as I can't see any reason to. M&K was also still borked so that may have played into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ye pretty sure it's just ****ed M&K from the closed door event. Some of the videos I've seen are atrocious but some I follow for Destiny aren't the greatest either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear wrote: »
    Is the demo not available to everyone on Origin? I haven't pre-ordered or needed a key to start the demo there.

To answer my own question, I was granted access as I signed up for the newletter. And I have three passes for those that want them as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They have said that the demo starts at level 10 and players will level up and earn currency faster than in the full game, as you only have a small window to play in the demo and they want you to see some more of high level stuff.

No one rates a demo, that's just silly nonsense from the usual crowd of dopes.

But often at review events they will unlock end game content that would take 50 hours to unlock so they get a feel for that stuff. It's not because games journos are bad or they are trying to pull a fast one.

But common sense seems in short supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

But common sense seems in short supply.

For an upstart or any company with a good track record I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt most of the time. EA & Bioware have just lost so much damn goodwill and respect from me so I feel pretty safe assuming the absolute worst with any of their products. For the last few years I've been completely right about most of their (IMO) garbage so I'll be nothing but pleasantly surprised if this turns out good. So still gonna wait it out. Patience is not just a virtue but a goddamn requirement in the gaming market right now if you don't want to continuously get conned.
    No one rates a demo, that's just silly nonsense from the usual crowd of dopes..

I don't look at journalist or site ratings, I exclusively use user feedback systems. Demos is literally the only (legal) way to experience a game first hand before you invest in it so I don't think it's unfair to judge it by it or consider others' feedback on it. If it's not a good representation of the game then what's its point? I used to use demos all the time back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Dont suppose anyone has a spare VIP code?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Got an email saying I could get the VIP Demo as I have EA Access but I cant see anywhere to download it, do I need to do something else? Only option I see is to pre-order it

You have to search for the demo. It's actually separate to the fill game.
    Dont suppose anyone has a spare VIP code?

Sent you one there.

Kiith wrote: »
    Sent you one there.

Oops, I just sent one too.

You get a friend code, you get a friend code, everyone gets friend codes!

Downloaded yesterday, thought i had acces but telling me i dont when i boot game up.
    Oh well back to monster hunter world :P

Reading on twitter and some stremers mentioning it too.

"Huge visual downgrade confirmed since E3 and early BS marketing"

LOL the division all over again.

Any codes going? :)

Dcully wrote: »
    Reading on twitter and some stremers mentioning it too.

"Huge visual downgrade confirmed since E3 and early BS marketing"

LOL the division all over again.

Any codes going? :)

Code sent.

Though the servers are all maxed out, EA help has already had to confirm more capacity is being spun up.

• Advertisement

Great thanks a lot Spear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Does anyone have any codes left?

Venom wrote: »
    Does anyone have any codes left?

And one sent to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Spear wrote: »
    And one sent to you.

Cheers man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Anyone actually able to get in? Stuck on "connecting to online services" menu

Anyone actually able to get in? Stuck on "connecting to online services" menu

I got past that once, and it then timed out when I tried to launch my first expedition. Seems we'll need to wait for the server capacity augment to be done.

origins is down.......

Origin is fine, also anthem is up for all the usual streamers.

Its saying i have access on the vip demo redeem page but ingame it says i dont have access lol.

Yeah, it's destiny

• Advertisement

I'm completely underwhelmed by this.

The flying is horrible, no sense of motion, and the flight controls are treacle.

Advertisement