Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Masters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The Nal wrote: »
    987 centuries. When will he pass 1000?

Guessing the welsh open but that’s assuming he keeps winning matches.

Incoming 988

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Guessing the welsh open but that’s assuming he keeps winning matches.

Could be this week at this rate!

Could be this week at this rate!

Certainly not beyond the realm of the impossibe anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

12 tons to win 23 frames here is unlikely even for Ronnie. Next tournament will be Germany assuming Ronnie plays there, it may be there.

• Advertisement

Didn’t enter germany so next two tournaments will be Grand Prix and Welsh. Toss up between either of those I’d say.

Hope its the Welsh. Eurosport, BBC Wales and Quest all show it.

What is is with Bingham? Am I correct in hearing hes only got out of R1 once?!

Welsh would be good with Willie Thorne on commentary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

What is is with Bingham? Am I correct in hearing hes only got out of R1 once?!

Yes. He reached the semifinals in 2016. Otherwise he's had 7 first-round losses and one loss in the wildcard round.

Long bout of safety on this pink. 15 mins and counting. Lisowski needs it for sure at 2-0 down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Long bout of safety on this pink. 15 mins and counting. Lisowski needs it for sure at 2-0 down

Some contest for the pink there. Sone good safety but some bad misses and the pink always seemed to get safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I’m just not convinced by Jack Lisowski. He’s not bad but I just haven’t seen him play great snooker.

Ding wins two frames in a row on the black to lead 4-0 at the interval.

This will be over early.

I’m just not convinced by Jack Lisowski. He’s not bad but I just haven’t seen him play great snooker.

Looks great when hoovering up the low rankers but keeps falling short against the top guys. I hear people comparing him to trump but trump has won lots of titles and been in a world final. I don’t see that in Lisowski yet and probably never.

Tomorrow's matches...

1pm: Mark Williams vs Neil Robertson

7pm: Barry Hawkins vs Shaun Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Don't know what happened to Bingham there, he never got into a grove at all. Embarrassing at times.

Fast table, strange first frame, Ally Pally London crowd, Ronnie = completely bottled it, maybe.

Was particularly struck by Binghams masters record which now stands at 9 appearances and EIGHT first round exits. Just can’t seem to get it going there for whatever reason. Can’t see why he’d bottle it against ronnie when he’s beaten him previously on several occasions, including at the worlds. Hard to understand really.

Bit of a match here at 3-2 Williams vs Robertson. Some steal in frame 5 by Robertson after Willo missed a sitter for frame ball.

We have a ball game now alright!

• Advertisement

Robertson levels with a century, and it's 3-3 after Williams looked like he was cruising.

Taylor and Davis are always an entertaininng commentary for me. Not often paired together but I think it works well, so long as it's only just the one mention of 1985 allowed per session.

Crazy situation here with the pink.

Williams 3-5 down all of a sudden

Mental stuff from williams, head exploded

I like and hate at how crazy Mark Williams can be

Absolute bonkers frame but great drama all the same!

Couldn't make any sense of that shot on the pink by Williams. :confused:

He's now gone from 3-1 ahead to 3-5 down.

Must have been trying to go up & down table twice with pink but got his angles all mixed up. Only sane explanation I can come up with.

• Advertisement

Must have been trying to go up & down table twice with pink but got his angles all mixed up. Only sane explanation I can come up with.

He had a crazy amount of side on it which was odd. He could've easily just went down the table once. Bizarre stuff.

I think it was just a hit and hope!

Advertisement