Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ideal mower for a 35

Options
  • 01-01-2019 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

I have a 6ft topper at the moment but its too heavy for the 35. What's a better mower for a 35? Should i go finger bar or is there a small drum mower that would work well with a 35?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

PZ 135, or one of the Polish copies.
    Finger for sure, if you are cutting lighter stuff/nettles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    PZ 135, or one of the Polish copies.
    Finger for sure, if you are cutting lighter stuff/nettles.

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to sort out some land I have and its mostly covered in rushes at the moment which is what the topper struggles with. I couldn't see a finger bar being mush good with the rushes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Finger bar useless for rushes.
    Ideally a disk mower as opposed to a drum, as the rushes flow over it better when cut.
    If you have much of an area to clear, you'd be better getting someone in to "mulch" them rather than wrecking your own mower .......
    Then spray the area with MCPC to control them after they regrow.
    Lots of threads about rushes over on the Farming forum.

Advertisement