Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

That's 5 from 5 for me ( should have put a bet on )
    .... and lottoland is the worst name for a stadium ever I dislike Manly even more now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

That's 5 from 5 for me ( should have put a bet on )
    .... and lottoland is the worst name for a stadium ever I dislike Manly even more now

South's played well today after slow start, just watching the last game, Sharks doing a job on the Raiders.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

The sharks were much better this week. great round so far. Going to be a tough comp this year

7 from 8 predictions damn sharkies

I was just delighted the Knights registered a win. Some very good games this weekend, only one or two hammerings which makes for great viewing.

• Advertisement

Except the doggies getting beaten (and that was a great game) I really enjoyed the games this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

How good were my bunnies? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How good were my bunnies? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Had them written off after 10 minutes or so being the expert I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was delighted for the Knights. Great celebration at the end.

Sharks looked impressive. Panthers showing their stuff finally. Parramatta looking dangerous early too. Semi Radradra looking in top form. Storm vs Broncos on Thursday should be a great start to the next round.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Good round this week boys I'm going to go :

Storm v Broncos - this is going to be a dinger tough to call but I will go STORM WIN
    titans v Parra - as a doggies fan I never really want to see parra win... except this game Hayne is a (Rhymes with )banker PARRA WIN
    Bulldogs v Warriors - both haven't exactly set the nrl on fire yet hopefully a first win for the doggies DOGGIES WIN
    Knights v Bunnies - delighted for the knights last week but this is a bridge to far BUNNIES WIN
    Panthers v Chooks- what a game this is going to be could go either way really flip of a coin for me- ROOSTERS WIN (JUST)
    Cowboys v Manly- Cowboys WIN
    Raiders v Tigers- so close TIGERS WIN
    SHARKS v DRAGONS- battle of the shire this is going to be close too I reckon -sharkies win

id be happy if I got even half these right tough week to predict

• Advertisement

Kasiano , Josh Renyolds and eastwood all given permission to talk to other clubs , Doggies are a club in crisis :D

Kasiano , Josh Renyolds and eastwood all given permission to talk to other clubs , Doggies are a club in crisis

Kasiano I'd be upset about the other two are overpaid flops at the moment so bon voyage. Not really a crisis most fans would be happy to free up the salary cap

yeah , but dessie hasler seems manly bound for next season ,

right , Storm at home........slater back , ill go storm
    warriors for the upset
    parra
    Souths
    Panthers
    cowboys might struggle , but win by 6
    Raiders
    Sharks

yeah , but dessie hasler seems manly bound for next season ,

You are absolutely right. But the feeling from the fans is that they would be delighted if Dessie did move on. Me personally ,I dont think he has done too bad but he is certainly not a fan favourite.

aaaaaaannnnnddd.......looks like Dessie resigned for another two years.

Triple M has a story too this morning that after last years Mad monday , one club returned 8 positive drug tests.......this should explode in the next week or so

Triple M has a story too this morning that after last years Mad monday , one club returned 8 positive drug tests.......this should explode in the next week or so

aaaaaaannnnnddd.......looks like Dessie resigned for another two years.

???

Good game so far this morning, Broncos just about hanging in there against Storm, one way traffic more or less apart from the breakaway try. 8 6 to Melbourne half time, and Billy Slater is back after a year.

Not a Broncos fan but they were pretty unlucky not to hold out. Poor discipline and officials who seemed to spot a lot more of their transgressions than the Storms.

didn't see the match but the reaction on social media is the broncos were robbed. I will watch it later

Werent robbed at all , decisions went mostly against Storm. Storm are going to be tough to beat this year

• Advertisement

Werent robbed at all , decisions went mostly against Storm. Storm are going to be tough to beat this year

Yeah I watched it I didn't think they were robbed either. Apparently Munster broke his jaw . Storm look the best team so far ,you're right its going to be hard to beat them

Video ref decisions maybe went against them, penalty count of 7 to Broncos 14 suggests decisions otherwise didn't go against them. I didn't think they were robbed but were unlucky not to hang on, with the manner of the winning try and don't think the ref had a particularly good game.

Funny enough , I ended up watching the game with a bunch of actual NRL refs (long story) they reckon Gerald Sutton had a bad game but the Bunker stole that disallowed try. The momentum carried his arm over the ball as it hit the line , but he still maintained downward pressure with his forearm......try

Excellent defence showed by the Bulldogs in that game, a deserved win, Warriors as painful to watch as ever. Getting feck all value out of "home" field advantage, one win from three.

Fair play to the Titans, brilliant effort to hang in there against the Eels, and manage to get to half time all square. Not sure they'll last the distance but great effort so far.

Edit: well they've been excellent this half again. 6 minutes left, 12 in front. Some brilliant goal kicking from Taylor.

Huge win for the Titans.

C'mon you Doggies!!!

4 from 8 I knew it was going to be tough to tip this week. Some huge upsets this week like the dragon's did not see that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah a lot of upsets this round. I was surprised to see the Cowboys spanked by Manly.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Yeah a lot of upsets this round. I was surprised to see the Cowboys spanked by Manly.

Yep that was a shocker

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement