Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turning colder from Monday - wintry showers on high ground

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

WOOOOO!! ITS OFFICIAL! :D:D:D:D:D
    426223136.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

Su Campu wrote: »
    It's not snowing in Finner, again it's a misreport. Visibility's now 4,300 metres, temp/dewpoint +6/+5 °C

Sligo Airport moderate rain, +7/+5 °C.
    Donegal Airport light rain, +7/+4 °C

Sorry got all excited in the squall.

Most unlike me. (slaps himself)

But there is snow on the hills of leitrim on the tips.

Ill try n photo with phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Contrary to reports on FB that it was snowing in Bray - Its wasnt really. The little Sh%^3 bags broke into the snow warehouse & creatively snowed someones garden !!!!! ( Dont laugh!)
    Lets just say the Gardai are on the case & was not the phone call we wanted on a Sunday evening ....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Thats was some drop in temp !

178358.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Just had a heavy shower of sleet and hail in Letterkenny, just under 100m asl so should be falling as snow down to ~500m I'd guess

Had a look at Errigal earlier but it was covered in low cloud so couldn't see a thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Just saw some pictures of snow falling somewhere up in the northwest on the six one news. Anyone confirm where about's?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Just saw some pictures of snow falling somewhere up in the northwest on the six one news. Anyone confirm where about's?

it was in derry, on the glenshane pass,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Thats was some drop in temp !

178358.png

Ill tell ya one thing, freezing since I got back to Sallins ! brrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

konman wrote: »
    it was in derry, on the glenshane pass,
    Thanks for that. Nice to see some of the white stuff this early.

A couple of people I know up in Donegal said it snowed.

The sane ones said it was sleety rain so this is what must have been in Finner.

Sure even down in Leitrim when the showers got heavy enough there was bits of sleet in it but sNOw?? (well if there was 2000 versions of snow and 1 was class snow and 2000 was well one flake mixed with rain - then it was 2000 so its too vague to be snow .i.e it definitely doesnt qualify for snow in my book)

Hell i doubt there was even one flake it was all sleety rain. Interesting to note that immediately after the squall the temperature went down to 5.2c in Sligo but after a couple of hours it had climbed up to 8.4c

Anyways would people tell me if the white stuff in Derry on the News is snow or sleety snowy rainy what.

How can there be so many forms of precipitation. Im going mad Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Proper snow sticking in Derry at around 300m

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1017/weather.html#video

As you can see in the pic Ian posted there was snow on Errigal but doubt there was anything at lower levels. We had a few showers earlier with a mix of rain, sleet and hail, noticeable snow flakes but no way would I class it as 'snow'

pauldry wrote: »
    A couple of people I know up in Donegal said it snowed.

The sane ones said it was sleety rain so this is what must have been in Finner.

Sure even down in Leitrim when the showers got heavy enough there was bits of sleet in it but sNOw?? (well if there was 2000 versions of snow and 1 was class snow and 2000 was well one flake mixed with rain - then it was 2000 so its too vague to be snow .i.e it definitely doesnt qualify for snow in my book)

Hell i doubt there was even one flake it was all sleety rain. Interesting to note that immediately after the squall the temperature went down to 5.2c in Sligo but after a couple of hours it had climbed up to 8.4c

Anyways would people tell me if the white stuff in Derry on the News is snow or sleety snowy rainy what.

How can there be so many forms of precipitation. Im going mad Ted.

If only Ted could explain the snow situation too!! :rolleyes:
    178411.png

Really liked that forecast :).... PROPER WINTER WEATHER ! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really heavy rain here for a while today, didnt think the wind was all that bad, bitterly cold outside now

Usually means.... CLEAR SKIES :)

The Milky Way to our WSW .

301016_10150427148301718_631736717_10864767_216276685_n.jpg

Starry Sky

317279_10150427150306718_631736717_10864772_915284176_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

eskimocat wrote: »
    So where are we on the plan to remove all Irish snow shields...like for example the relocation of the Isle of Man? :pac:

sorry we can not be moved. If we cant get the snow then no one eles can ;)

Ahh its good to back.

About 3c here at the moment. and reports of 0c in cumbria tonight,
    first frosts maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Enjoy it cos tonight is as cold as its getting for a while by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

mike65 wrote: »
    Enjoy it cos tonight is as cold as its getting for a while by the looks of it.

Looks like your right there Mike, but its still a bit early for a really cold blast, Hopefully in the next few months we could see something but its not looking good:rolleyes:

yeah not lookin good at all. We need those Lows to pull South just cold and wet weather interspersed with Mild Wet weather. Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The jet stream needs to drop south then this gives a chance for a greenland block to ridge, then it would be game on but no sign of that what so ever yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh guys I am not liking all this negative talk! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh guys I am not liking all this negative talk! :-(
    keep the faith leahly :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I had a thread on snow for the 29th of October earlier, it was obviously deleted before you guys saw it.

Ah there will be snow before the end of the year Id say fairly certainly its just that it wont be the nice kind. slushy muck probably.

Based on how freezing it is this year. Plus northwesterly stream of events.

Medium and short term to End of October will be mild and unsettled with shorter cool spells in between.A lot of wind and rain if you like that sort of thing.

Advertisement