Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    We still have March and April yet, you never know what could happen.

A warm front could turn right around yet

Outlook not so good... March is shaping up to be a wild, wet and mild month.

Odds of a easterly in April are up there with me winning the lotto :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Was only saying something similay saturday at the kids GAA matches, its been a very mild winter indeed, Normally i'd be scraping ice off the car a fair bit from late December into the new year but have only had to do it a handful of times so far.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

TBH I was just thinking last night it's probably not a bad time to get the first grass cut of the year in this weekend, before it gets even milder and the lawn goes haywire.

I hate being a grown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Had a lovely walk with the better half in one of the parks in the city centre at lunch time. A bit breezy however very pleasant for mid Feb.

TBH I was just thinking last night it's probably not a bad time to get the first grass cut of the year in this weekend, before it gets even milder and the lawn goes haywire.

I hate being a grown up.

We (as in my wife) cut our grass on Saturday while I had the kids at their matches, it was already starting to get a tad 'wooly' so looks a lot better now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's better for the insect and bee population to let your lawn grow a few dandelions and daisies before mowing it.
    So by cutting it less often you're being kind to nature and helping the environment while giving yourself more time to watch Netflix/have a bath/read holiday brochures etc. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

310 days Today.
    300 28th February.
    290 10th March.
    280 20th March.
    270 30th March.
    260 9th April.
    250 19th April.
    240 29th April.
    230 9th May.
    220 19th May.
    210 29th May.
    200 8th June.
    190 18th June.
    180 28th June.
    170 8th July.
    160 18th July.
    150 28th July.
    140 7th August.
    130 17th August.
    120 27th August.
    110 6th September
    100 16th September.
    90 26th September.
    80 6th October.
    70 16th October.
    60 26th October.
    50 5th November.
    40 15th November.
    30 25th November.
    20 5th December.
    10 15th December.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

110 6th September
    100 16th September.
    90 26th September.
    80 6th October.
    70 16th October.
    60 26th October.
    50 5th November.
    40 15th November.
    30 25th November.
    20 5th December.
    10 15th December.

It begins....

We're into the 300's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am hoping that all the snow is being saved up for 2019.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    It begins....

As soon as the kids go back to school the countdown starts in earnest in our house.

DvB wrote: »
    As soon as the kids go back to school the countdown starts in earnest in our house.

I think that's the landmark for me too, end or August early September, everything about that time screams countdown to Christmas.

It begins....

Elf number 3 on the way early April, hope to have 2 months off in the summer, eldest starts 'big' school in Sept so lots on this year however Christmas is always on my mind. Luckily the better half is a fan as well so doesn't get annoyed when I mention it all time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hey Elves!

Just had a mini Christmassy week-end at home with family, enjoying some goodies we did not crack open on the big day: nougats, candied chesnuts, and chocolate-coated dried fruit. Yummy ! Think there is still something left for Easter, too.
    A case for saving some goodies for the rest of the year, expecially the long winter months.

Cant' believe how even February is flying by, this year.

In about six months the Brown Thomas Christmas shop will open!

Is 16th July not April just in case anyone putting it in their calendar :D

52595872_2191677944281206_8338124396057067520_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=6a69439d3bb40eaf2a3f9b3b40796cae&oe=5CEE66EB

Happy Rudolph Day... or Prancer day... why should Rudolph get all the praise?

Can you believe that Friday is the 1st of March. We're fast approaching the middle months of the year but lots to look forward too...

March - Patrick's Day
    April - Easter
    May - Bank Holiday
    June - Bank Holiday
    July - Christmas in July?
    Aug - Bank Holiday

And once the Aug Bank Holiday is over we all know the fun season begins!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Rudolph Day... or Prancer day... why should Rudolph get all the praise?

Can you believe that Friday is the 1st of March. We're fast approaching the middle months of the year but lots to look forward too...

March - Patrick's Day
    April - Easter
    May - Bank Holiday
    June - Bank Holiday
    July - Christmas in July?
    Aug - Bank Holiday

And once the Aug Bank Holiday is over we all know the fun season begins!
    Just to make a couple of amendments:

July- I'll be on my holidays :cool:
    Aug- Brown Thomas Christmas shop :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Posy wrote: »
    Just to make a couple of amendments:

July- I'll be on my holidays :cool:
    Aug- Brown Thomas Christmas shop :D

I’m going to add

April - I’m on my hols, then home just in time for chocolate!!

52823432_2249615141770522_1475823850364076032_o.png.jpg?_nc_cat=104&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=a5d1aba68de63f5f848ea0f8d636066a&oe=5CDDFA19

Serious fog out there now this morning.... activate operation Rudolph

Serious fog out there now this morning.... activate operation Rudolph

Was lovely & crisp & clear out my way. It was actually nice standing on the train platform & it being so bright & clear after the gloomy dark winter months.

Great as well that when getting off the train on the return journey home that its still bright too, we wont know ourselves when the clocks go forward in 3 weeks.

DvB wrote: »
    Was lovely & crisp & clear out my way. It was actually nice standing on the train platform & it being so bright & clear after the gloomy dark winter months.

Great as well that when getting off the train on the return journey home that its still bright too, we wont know ourselves when the clocks go forward in 3 weeks.

It was a lovely crisp morning here too then the fog rolled in... I'm close enough to the coast in Dublin so that's prob why we're covered in fog.

You're right tho, Monday was the first day I got home from work and it wasn't completely dark outside. I do love the bright evenings until September rolls around then I'm all about the cosy winter nights.

I do love the bright evenings until September rolls around then I'm all about the cosy winter nights.

Ditto.
    Love the long summer evenings, but by the time the kids go back to school I'm looking forward to the christmas build up & the darker evenings I associate with it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It was a lovely crisp morning here too then the fog rolled in... I'm close enough to the coast in Dublin so that's prob why we're covered in fog.

You're right tho, Monday was the first day I got home from work and it wasn't completely dark outside. I do love the bright evenings until September rolls around then I'm all about the cosy winter nights.

Not just at the coast, I am out in D15, I left the house it was a crisp, sunny, beautiful morning. Literally 5 minutes later at the bus stop, it started getting dark and foggy :( Though fog does have a mysterious element to it as well, it's not so bad!

miamee wrote: »
    Though fog does have a mysterious element to it as well, it's not so bad!

Yeah I love the fog... really spooky and mysterious.

Yeah I love the fog... really spooky and mysterious.

2 of my favourite pics I’ve ever taken were from 1st November 2015.

2prd6k3.jpg

30rxxlk.jpg

• Advertisement

300 days guys! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement