Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like there will be an open beta. It was casually mentioned on the developers stream on twitch earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like there will be an open beta. It was casually mentioned on the developers stream on twitch earlier today.

Gonna keep the beta installed so, save having to download again.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gonna keep the beta installed so, save having to download again.

Yeah same here, I'd go over my download limit otherwise. My guess is they have it on March first as this weekend is the early access for Anthem with its full release next week so they might not want to compete with that

Marco's final thoughts on the beta, brilliant intro replying to his bored/depressed tone that was brought up recently. Talks a lot of sense although I don't spend much time PvP while Marco seems to concentrate on that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just read this morning that this game is just done by Massive entertainment, thought red storm entertainment was involved as well as with original.

My guess is they have it on March first
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Open Beta March 1st to 4th

So, I was right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

If you pre order the division 2 on pc from the Ubisoft store you get a free game. Ghost recon wildlands, far cry primal or watch dogs 2. You can only activate the free game march 15th.

There is a thing where you spend 100 Ubisoft points to get 20% off your order. Says not available in My region. Is that correct.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm not able to pre-order it at all on UPlay for some reason. Says it's not available in my country...which makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

There is a guy on adverts selling the key he got with AMD for only 30

https://www.adverts.ie/games/the-division-2-pc/17069175

Not 100% sure how these work. I know I had to have an AMD 5*0 installed to get the key. But not sure if the key you get needs to have an AMD 5*0 card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,056 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you've pre-ordered you get a free game, regardless of store:

https://thedivision2-freegameoffer.ubi.com/#/en-US

You don't get the key, it's added direct to your Uplay account. I already have 2 of the 3, so there was no choice, it was Far Cry Primal or nothing.

I have not got my key yet from AMD Rewards :(

I Pre-ordered my copy today in Gamestop, I know, GS are the devil but 50 quid trade in credit for assassin's creed Odyssey couldn't be turned down. Also, the preorder base game they have is the DC edition, steel case, extra dlc and physical map showing secret loot spots, sounds good.

For anyone interested, there is a list of games that give you 50 credit meaning you have to pay 20 for the game if you preorder.

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

/me struts around with his technical beta test invite

:p

Congrats on access to The Crashfest 2, the last beta was a joke technically.
    Still looking forward to release though but i must admit its going to feel painfully slow compared to Anthem.

Dcully wrote: »
    Still looking forward to release though but i must admit its going to feel painfully slow compared to Anthem.

At least its won't be a loading screen simulator like Anthem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Dcully wrote: »

All 20 hours of it.

/me struts around with his technical beta test invite

:p

Looks like they are testing fixes that they implemented for open beta. Sounds good. I thought open beta would be the same build as private with fixes being kept for final build.
    Agents,

We will be running a Technical Test of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 ahead of the Open Beta, from Thursday, February 21st to Friday, February 22nd for a limited number of PC players worldwide. Our goal with this Technical Test is to assess a certain amount of fixes we implemented based on your feedback following the Private Beta.

This will help ensure that your Open Beta experience will be as smooth as possible.

Flashdan wrote: »
    At least its won't be a loading screen simulator like Anthem.

Only one loading screen now after a mission or entering a dungeon plus they are much faster now.
    Agreed it was loading screen sim going through campaign but not anymore at endgame thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

The last beta was a marvel compared to the Alpha. It was night and day.

If there's a similar leap in bug fixes from now to release like the alpha --> beta then things shouldn't be too bad.

I wouldn't hold my breadth of course......

Have not seen much of a difference to the private beta or perhaps I'm dumb and haven't noticed the minor fixes. :pac:

Did have one instance of the enemies not appearing on my screen then suddenly they did. That only happened once and never again. Whatever they did to fix the sound sync issues worked.

Past that, I don't see anything else that has been fixed. Refer to the first sentence as a very likely reason why.

There is a new mission "view museum" but I went straight to the DZ.

Read some impressions from Reddit. Sounds like you can permanently turn off the 'Backup Requested' feature.
    Loot: Seems like they highlight brighter now.

Swearing: Seems lessened... not sure if this is a plus or a minus.

Performance: actually seems more sluggish on my GTX970 than the previous build. Might just be my imagination. Fresh install (not a patch of the Private Beta). Some enemy teleporting when I first started, but things settled down once I started free roaming.

Gun audio bug: different now; sometimes when switching between guns (or especially the Chem Launcher) the audio sometimes drops out until weapon switch. Edit: actually, this is pretty irritating... it also seems to impact reload sounds, and if the reload is silent the following mag seems to be as well.

Chem Launcher: The next generation of sticky bombs; same firing mechanic but with a ballistic trajectory. Firestarter is sort of tough to pull off right; enemies seem to know it's there before you can do much. Mods might end up helping this.

Miscellaneous: the menu UI blur is still there, running is still "different" (some feel it's slow; I think it's probably fine), agent calls are still enabled by default, still can't turn off settlement radio, Suite 3 is still accessible though the key doesn't show as lootable, music still dope af.

No Deltas thusfar!

Edit: Didn't think about it when I wrote the first post, but I have experienced zero grenade delay-staggers, and I saw a ton in the Private Beta. Maybe fixed?

Edit 2: I didn't realize it at the time, but my Private Beta config carried over into this game. I ran around 3 hours of playtime with no Deltas, and in DX12 mode as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

at this rate we'll have a fully functioning game by June 2020, yipee

See one change. If your group is rogue and you respawn after dying. You have a few seconds to get outside the range of the turrets.

"Syncing Rogue status"

Clan feature details, sounds really class. Up to 50 members, gain clan xp to level clan up to 30 unlocking clan rewards. Have your own base in the East wing of the White House. Weekly clan goals to meet.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/1098993198813327361?s=19

I always wondered why they never had clans or guilds as we know from MMO`s.
    Can never be a bad idea.

It's pretty clear that they're going all in with The Division 2. They're throwing a ton of features at the players to keep them occupied. But as with most things someone is going to lose out and I think for this round it is going to be the PvP cohort.

It is going to be a long wait till June 2020 :(

• Advertisement

Official list of changes from private to open beta. Fairly impressive just for a change of beta.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/345044/the-division-2-open-beta-updates-since-private-beta

Advertisement