Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electrical issue on gas cooker, who to call?

• 18-02-2019 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, mods feel free to move if required.
    So the main oven element has blown in my cooker (The oven is electric, the burners on top are gas), I found the part number and sourced a replacement online.

My problem is when I took the back out of the oven compartment, the oven element is bolted on from behind (not screwed in from the front as I hoped)

So to remove the element, I need to take the back off the oven to get to those nuts. I can't remove the backplate of the cooker or move it more than a foot from the wall without disconnecting the gas, so obviously I'll have to call a "gas guy" to do that. Will that same "gas guy" then do the element swap or is that outside of his remit?

Also any recommendations for someone who'd do the job? I'm in Lucan.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Reading through your post it looks like you were going to fit the element yourself until you came up against the obstacle, get the gas tech out and fit the element yourself if the gas tech wont do it. Isolate the electrics as well as its just as dangerous as the gas

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

Thanks The Red Ace, I was hoping it would be a DIY job for sure, If I'm paying someone to come out I guess I'd prefer they did the whole job, but I can step in and give it a go if they wont do it. I'm very cautious around all electrics, so had the fuse off at the board and the isolator off at the cooker off before I investigated.

Advertisement