Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Demand for 360 drivers

Options
  • 05-06-2018 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Is there much demand for drivers in Dublin. I am considering getting my 360 ticket. I have a 12t digger at home for farm use, a safe driver. Would it be next impossible get work at 21 without experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Hey, wish someone had replied to you. I'm looking for similar info. There are plenty jobs but they are dotted around the country. I've similar, mostly farm experience and lots of mini digger work but all for family as the machines are our own.

With such demand as I see in the online ads, some employers can't all be only taking drivers with 3,4,5 years experience.

I was even thinking about getting an artic dumper ticket but the couple of ads I saw are all looking for years of experience.

Any one in here got some advice for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Loads of demand about atm. Lie a little and say I’ve more experience than u do. Go do your best and if it don’t work out move to the next site and repeat. Basically the problem is not many companies want to invest in training drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

Make yourselves more employable by getting more tickets IE articulated dumptruck and site dumper and big plus is rigid lorry license for tipper work!!!

muddle84 wrote: »
    Make yourselves more employable by getting more tickets IE articulated dumptruck and site dumper and big plus is rigid lorry license for tipper work!!!

I'm not long back in Ireland and thought I would have to retest again (10 years abroad) but contacted SOLAS and they found me on their system. Waiting for the card to come but I'll get all three categories renewed, 360, Artic Dumper, and Teleporter. Have my manual handling and getting my safe pass this month. Staying away from road trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

Has anyone heard of any company willing to take them on? Seen the ads and rang and was straight up and honest about the small amount of experience I have and was shut down straight away

• Advertisement

Indeed is the main site I look at. I think BSS (Building Staff Solutions?) have had ads which have asked for a minimum of one year experience on machines. Again, it's all Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Wicklow from what I see.

Advertisement