Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Flash sale on Adidas website.

https://www.adidas.ie/outlet

Powerlifts for €50 and PP3s for €65.

wow- have mine but will tell a mate I know was looking to get a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Yep, exactly. Holding plates is probablythe most straightforward way.

And crush strength would be trained using those handles that look like the spring collars for holding plates on in the gym.

do you have a pic of the latter, I cant picture them? I did the pinch grip with a 10kg plate last night, only 30 seconds each hand but will give me something to build on going forward. will alternate with the barbell next.
    I'm guessing with fat grips you bring your own?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

silverharp wrote: »
    do you have a pic of the latter, I cant picture them? I did the pinch grip with a 10kg plate last night, only 30 seconds each hand but will give me something to build on going forward. will alternate with the barbell next.
    I'm guessing with fat grips you bring your own?

CC-GRIPPERS-2T.jpg

You won't find those in the gym. I was just referencing what they look like.

You can buy the Captains of Crush ones on Strengthshop.ie for about €30 a piece.

CC-GRIPPERS-2T.jpg

You won't find those in the gym. I was just referencing what they look like.

You can buy the Captains of Crush ones on Strengthshop.ie for about €30 a piece.

ok I thought you might have been taking about something you hold onto that you can add weights to. I have something similar to those grippers at home. Was watching a vid y/day and the guy was saying that the hand grippers while good are the least transferable to other activities, so I guess doing a variety is good

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Or in my case as my grip is so weak I actually could use the barbell clips to work my grip :-(

• Advertisement

Or in my case as my grip is so weak I actually could use the barbell clips to work my grip :-(

they deffo make those things too small :pac:

I just crush my enemies.

this is what i was thinking of, are these tucked away in gyms? or not a common thing to see?

https://twitter.com/ironmind/status/1096160773850558464

• Registered Users Posts: 38,925 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That's a hub. Very unlikely to find one of them in the gym. Unless it caters for strongman and gripsports specifically. The hub is a pinch grip. The crush equivalent would be the rolling thunder. Also hard to find.

An alternative would be landmine/torsonator rows while holding the barbell sleeve. Should be doable in most gyms.

https://twitter.com/ironmind/status/1088188493346394113

One for the girls here, is it just me or is lifting during the 2nd week so your cycle just so much easier - always a great time for attempting PBs / high volume stuff I find. And then the deflation a week or two later when you can barely lift half of it :o:o:mad::mad::(:( And repeat all over again.

Ugh. Hormones.

• Advertisement

One for the girls here, is it just me or is lifting during the 2nd week so your cycle just so much easier - always a great time for attempting PBs / high volume stuff I find. And then the deflation a week or two later when you can barely lift half of it :o:o:mad::mad::(:( And repeat all over again.

Ugh. Hormones.

Think that's widely accepted...that you would peak about day 14 and then for the next two weeks it's all much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

That must make comps a bit of a pain for women.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    That must make comps a bit of a pain for women.

Even just making weight would be a pain in the hole what with fluctuations in fluid retention

Meanwhile, Thor must be ovulating about now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Meanwhile, Thor must be ovulating about now...

Looked like he had another 20kg in him too. Impressive stuff

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Looked like he had another 20kg in him too. Impressive stuff

He went for another 29kg and go it to below his knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

A

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    A

...1, Sharon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭whippet

So Williams squats 490 in sleeves .. CC Holocom reps a 600lb pull .. I feel so insignificant.

I reckon I need to take a trip to Ohio next year to have a look !

Interesting article on the new perpetua gym opening in the "windmill quarter" (really, is windmill quarter an actual thing?)

It's from the independent, sorry.

https://www.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/first-look-we-want-to-make-rock-stars-out-of-our-instructors-2m-new-yorkstyle-boutique-gym-opens-in-dublin-37916415.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Interesting article on the new perpetua gym opening in the "windmill quarter" (really, is windmill quarter an actual thing?)

It's from the independent, sorry.

https://www.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/first-look-we-want-to-make-rock-stars-out-of-our-instructors-2m-new-yorkstyle-boutique-gym-opens-in-dublin-37916415.html

Seen this earlier and took it as an advertising piece for Perpetua, marketing their semi private gym as if they've just invented that model ??

I got as far as the first 2-line paragraph and had read 'windmill quarter' and 'boutique gym'.

giphy.gif

will56 wrote: »
    Seen this earlier and took it as an advertising piece for Perpetua, marketing their semi private gym as if they've just invented that model ??

It's now a normal gym, so not just a crossfit facility. Price-wise it's on a par with the likes of David Lloyd but without the "country club" type feel I guess. Interesting to see how it does I guess as it's a bit of a different product than a lot of commercial gyms though close enough to the likes of westwood I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I know nobody here dare of leaving stuff in an unlocked locker but just be aware that the Liffey Valley Flyefit gym has had stuff go missing for people who have left unattended bags in unlocked lockers.

30% off Powerlift 4s on Adidas website. €100 down to €70

30% off Powerlift 4s on Adidas website. €100 down to €70

I see they have more of a textile upper now from the looks of it. Interesting. The grey, khaki and pink ones are lovely.

ALso an extra 20% off outlet stuff through the app only

I see cadbury are now doing a "protein" version of boost with peanut (extending the normal boost protein version) - I presume this is the same as the beloved starbar?

https://www.talkingretail.com/products-news/confectionery/cadbury-extends-boost-portfolio-peanut-protein-variant-01-03-2019/

12g of protein - normal one has 5g - you would want to be mad to not just have a normal one imo.

You could write 'protein' on a turd and there would be fúcktards that would buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭bladespin

But a 'protein' Starbar - the stuff of dreams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You could write 'protein' on a turd and there would be fúcktards that would buy it.
    Don't forget to charge upwards of €2.50 for it

Advertisement