Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Same. Before I couldn't leave New Look without buying a pair of shoes. There's no New Look near me but I was in one over the Christmas and I actually didn't bother going near the shoe section, the clothing section was poor enough that I didn't bother.

I think the best place to buy a nice pair of shoes on the high street now is Korky's and they always have a sale on too.
    Is there a shoe shop in the Jervis centre? Keep meaning to go into it but have not been. I know Schue is there but is there another shop too?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got these in Vero Moda in their sale

The T-shirt I got is in red, but I couldn’t find the image, it was reduced to €5
    10208413_SnowWhite_660086_001_ProductLarge.jpg?sw=1280

I also got this sweater reduced to €15
    10202044_LightGreyMelange_658591_001_ProductLarge.jpg?sw=685

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

AMKC wrote: »
    I think the best place to buy a nice pair of shoes on the high street now is Korky's and they always have a sale on too.
    Is there a shoe shop in the Jervis centre? Keep meaning to go into it but have not been. I know Schue is there but is there another shop too?

I don't think so, just Schuh as you say but there is a Korky's in the Ilac just in the Henry st entrance so accross from Jervis.

I agree on New Look, I used to buy almost exclusively from there for years, everything I owned in college was New Look and it was one of the best shops in Galway for clothes on a budget. Lately though it's just not as great, I walk out of there empty handed a lot. All the other brands they do are tat. Aren't they going into administration though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

They need to restructure, I know they are in trouble but as far as I know they are not in administration (yet).

Ms

The Cool wrote: »
    I don't think so, just Schuh as you say but there is a Korky's in the Ilac just in the Henry st entrance so accross from Jervis.

I agree on New Look, I used to buy almost exclusively from there for years, everything I owned in college was New Look and it was one of the best shops in Galway for clothes on a budget. Lately though it's just not as great, I walk out of there empty handed a lot. All the other brands they do are tat. Aren't they going into administration though?

Not sure but looking at the British news and how the retailers there were doing a lot of them are just hanging on by a thread.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Can I ask how long the skirts are? I know it obviously depends on your height, but I'm 5'3" and want it to be above the knee. More a mini skirt than a pencil skirt. Have it in the basket at the moment, but just wondering before I buy.

Sorry for the delay, the skirt is 43 cm long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Sorry for the delay, the skirt is 43 cm long.

Thank you. I'd be wearing it with chunky heeled boots which are 3/4 inches so it would be above the knee on me. Will order it I think. Thanks again :)

Thank you. I'd be wearing it with chunky heeled boots which are 3/4 inches so it would be above the knee on me. Will order it I think. Thanks again :)

No worries. Just be aware that the dye on the black one rubs off. I had it sitting on top of the yellow one and it's feckin stained it so ordered another one.
    Can they be washed or cleaned or is it just good for the bin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

No worries. Just be aware that the dye on the black one rubs off. I had it sitting on top of the yellow one and it's feckin stained it so ordered another one.
    Can they be washed or cleaned or is it just good for the bin?

Oh no :( It's the yellow one I'm after. I already have something similar in black.
    I don't think they'd survive a wash to be honest. It might be worth going over it with baby wipes though?
    I suppose at this stage you'd have nothing to lose anyway.

Oh no :( It's the yellow one I'm after. I already have something similar in black.
    I don't think they'd survive a wash to be honest. It might be worth going over it with baby wipes though?
    I suppose at this stage you'd have nothing to lose anyway.

Ah well, just keep it away from anything that's likely to stain it. I'm not too bothered to be honest as it was such good value to begin with so I had just ordered the second one. Will try cleaning it shortly. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Is something that such bad quality it destroys another item even before it was worn really a good value?

Ms

So was in the Jervis Centre today and there is another shoe shop there called Shoelace. Lots of lovely shoes in it and there is a website too. Its across from Schue.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

meeeeh wrote: »
    Is something that such bad quality it destroys another item even before it was worn really a good value?

It seems to be a common enough thing with certain faux leather items. I got a dress for the missus from Mango which did the same thing. It seems only to happen with black faux leather.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Got two prs of Levis 501s for €70 in KV, that's me finished clothes shopping for 2019!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Great value to be had in Levi's KV, I picked up two pairs of jeans for €120 in the Black Friday offers there. In Arnotts they were €105 each.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

I bought cool thick latex belt only for €30 in latex online store here https://www.rubberloft.com/men-latex.html. There are nice collections of latex clothing and accessories at affordable prices. It is one of the best latex store I've found in the last few months.
    cf20dc75b9.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got a couple of things in Oasis today. I haven’t bought anything from there in a long time.

This top is cute, bit pricey at €40, but there was 30% off and I had a one for all voucher thankfully! I got a medium as the small is very fitted and a bit too tight.
    I also got a relaxed straight leg pair of causal jeans reduced to €21 with and extra 30% off!
    oasis_06840014_1.jpg

Ms

Got a new pencil skirt in my local Tesco for €5 reduced from €15 so delighted and also picked up some Tesco sheen tights 2 pack for €2.50 which are very nice too.

Its similar to this one and goes just below the knee.

Its very comfortable and is mostly made from cotton 97% cotton.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stunning-Silk-Like-Skirt-with-Cream-and-Coral-Floral-Design-Size-14/323672094257?hash=item4b5c5c3631:g:YOUAAOSwYeNbJl5A

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@twee we differ in foot attire but that cardigan is so gorgeous. Going straight online to order. Thanks for sharing.

I ordered these tan leather boots from New Look. They were reduced to €27 when I ordered them on Tuesday, they are now €12! But very few sizes left.

new-look-tan-Tan-Leather-Western-Ankle-Boots.jpeg

https://www.newlook.com/row/womens/footwear/boots/tan-leather-western-ankle-boots/p/606863518

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

yellow hen wrote: »
    @twee we differ in foot attire but that cardigan is so gorgeous. Going straight online to order. Thanks for sharing.

Shockingly (sarcasm) I still haven't worn the shoes, but I have the cardigan on me right now!

I was looking at these for a while and finally got them. I absolutely love them. They are old style sneaker so they are a bit stiffer and less padded but still comfortable. They look great on.

https://www.zalando.ie/veja-v-10-trainers-vj211s00l-a21.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Bought a pair of nike runners online, wanted nice ones that I could wear day to day but also suitable for the gym, got the order today, the front of them are lovely, very neat looking but the sole of shoe progressively widened and thickened from the middle, as it got to the back of the heel it spread outwards either side looking clumpy and awkward. Wouldnt even have minded as much if it didnt cost 10 euro return.
    Finding it very hard to find a practical and neat looking pair of runners.
    Any suggestions?

Ms

@AiryFairy12 Have you tried Sportsworld. They used to have nice runners at reasonable prices.

There is also

here,www.fruugo.ie

Only found it recently myself.

It has both very cheap and very expensive things on it just depends how much you want to or can afford to spend.

I have never bought anything here but am tempted except for the crazy delivery price as these shoes below could be a bargain.

https://www.fruugo.ie/ladies-barricci-high-heel-platform-sandals/p-10205850-21470973

If only the delivery was not so high. Half that price and I would buy.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I was treated to these New balance trainers. I love the colour!
    womens-wl373-b-green-new-balance-new-balance-373.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I was looking at these for a while and finally got them. I absolutely love them. They are old style sneaker so they are a bit stiffer and less padded but still comfortable. They look great on.

https://www.zalando.ie/veja-v-10-trainers-vj211s00l-a21.html

I’ve been looking at these too! Do you mind telling me what sizing is like?

Digs wrote: »
    I’ve been looking at these too! Do you mind telling me what sizing is like?

I'm between 4 and 5 and those are perfect in 4 for me. Other Stories now sell them so they might have some in their store if you are in Dublin and want to try them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I'm between 4 and 5 and those are perfect in 4 for me. Other Stories now sell them so they might have some in their store if you are in Dublin and want to try them.

Super thank you! That makes life easier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement