Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Returning as a Mature Student (Did so previously)

• 05-02-2019 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys

Any help appreciated :-)

I began a full time Level 8 course in 2010 as a mature student - I completed 2 years however I dropped out for medical/personal reasons (they would have a record of this).

Long story short I am really keen to return to education and commence a brand new course, and am wondering what my options are?

*Will dropping out previously go against me considering there were valid reasons and I wasn't wasting anyone's time (my results in those 2 years will attest to this)

Do I pay fees myself or apply for a grant?

It was nearly 10 years since I was there so I don't know where to begin to look for information so Boards seemed logical

For what it's worth I was considering studying law

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Hi guys

Any help appreciated :-)

I began a full time Level 8 course in 2010 as a mature student - I completed 2 years however I dropped out for medical/personal reasons (they would have a record of this).

Long story short I am really keen to return to education and commence a brand new course, and am wondering what my options are?

*Will dropping out previously go against me considering there were valid reasons and I wasn't wasting anyone's time (my results in those 2 years will attest to this)

Do I pay fees myself or apply for a grant?

It was nearly 10 years since I was there so I don't know where to begin to look for information so Boards seemed logical

For what it's worth I was considering studying law

I was in a pretty similar situation myself back in 2015, where I had dropped out of college previously due to health issues, I eventually got my fees covered after sending in the requested evidence so you should definitely apply to Susi as soon as it opens for 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 News Carver

I was in a pretty similar situation myself back in 2015, where I had dropped out of college previously due to health issues, I eventually got my fees covered after sending in the requested evidence so you should definitely apply to Susi as soon as it opens for 2019.

That’s awesome! When does it open May I ask?

Also, would working full time hinder me in terms of a grant/fees?

Thanks again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

That’s awesome! When does it open May I ask?

Also, would working full time hinder me in terms of a grant/fees?

Thanks again :-)

It opens in march as far as I know. Not sure about the working part, it may come down to how much you earned last year, there's any eligibility form on the Susi website,byou answer a few questions and it gives you an indication of weather your eligible.

Advertisement