Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Starting a sand & gravel business

• 06-12-2018 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

where do you find sand and gravel is it in certain places or just anywhere can't seem to find any information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

It in certain places but getting a quarry license will be difficult for a new pit.....................................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I take it that you don’t have existing land with sand and gravel. So you are looking to go to the bank and buy land, seek permison for a pit, buy machines, plant, deal with environment, health and safety, all legal work, insurance, take on staff, deal with phones & enquiries, do the books and then chase peoples for money months after they got the product. I honestly wish you lots of energy and luck. Definitely google to see what other pits and quarries are in your locality or are where the end users are sourcing sand and gravel. It’s possibly in the next county but find where existing customers are getting it from as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

I take it that you don’t have existing land with sand and gravel. So you are looking to go to the bank and buy land, seek permison for a pit, buy machines, plant, deal with environment, health and safety, all legal work, insurance, take on staff, deal with phones & enquiries, do the books and then chase peoples for money months after they got the product. I honestly wish you lots of energy and luck. Definitely google to see what other pits and quarries are in your locality or are where the end users are sourcing sand and gravel. It’s possibly in the next county but find where existing customers are getting it from as a starting point.

Big thing about a new pit is ground rates, its a commercial enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Sorry slightly off topic but thought someone in here might know.

If someone had 1million ton of good gravel & Sand in north of ireland unextracted what would you be likely to get per ton as an estimate. Its in a part of the world where there a number of quarries who would all be very interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Has it been tested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

stock> wrote: »
    Has it been tested?

Yes 29 test holes havent seen report but good quality I believe.

Advertisement