Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paying For Second Hand Airsoft Guns Safely Online

• 16-09-2018 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hiya folks ,

Does anyone know of a safe way to pay for an Airsoft gun online besides pay pal ?
    I bought a TM M92 second hand from a guy in the UK.
    After 2 weeks and no sign of the gun he said he would send a pic of the postal receipt but has not done so.
    He said he only posted it at the end of week one, now after week 2 has passed there's no answer to my messages from him.
    As far as I know pay pal don't cover RIFs.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in adv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Tonsil

Hi Richie,
    In answer to your query, payPal is the best way that I've heard of to handle such transactions.

Paypal consider that it's the seller's problem if the item arrives or not. I strongly recommend you raise a 'dispute' in payPal's 'resolution' centre. Here you'll be asked to write to the seller via this forum and this with seller's response will form payPal's basis adjudication. It's very difficult for the seller to win non-delivery cases and impossible if the seller doesn't reply. I've near heard of an issue over rifs - there is an issue over 'disposable' items which doesn't apply in this case. There are deadlines in the process. The important one for you will be that aftering a few days, you have the option to raise this challenge to a dispute; this window is open for a finite time. Missing this window or not laying out your claim (i.e. not clearly stating non-receipt of goods) are the only two ways I know that you could loose this case.

I do hope that you're just not trying to promote payPal h

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭richie231069

Hiya thanks for the advise.
    Nope not advertisomg pay pal I'm trying to get my money back.
    From a guy that seemed genuine but turned out not to be so.

Advertisement