Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Schools’ Collection

• 19-12-2013 10:22pm

I'm not sure if this belongs in History but.............

http://www.duchas.ie/en

Approximately 740,000 pages (288,000 pages in the pupils’ original exercise books; 451,000 pages in bound volumes) of folklore and local tradition were compiled by pupils from 5,000 primary schools in the Irish Free State between 1937 and 1939.

Some interesting stuff,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

dursey wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this belongs in History but.............

http://www.duchas.ie/en

Approximately 740,000 pages (288,000 pages in the pupils’ original exercise books; 451,000 pages in bound volumes) of folklore and local tradition were compiled by pupils from 5,000 primary schools in the Irish Free State between 1937 and 1939.

Some interesting stuff,

My mother R.I.P. contributed to this folklore collection as a young schoolgoer.
    I was able to get a copy of her contribution from the Folklore Office at U.C.D.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

this was a great idea - I thought it was earlier - late twenties.

Must check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PCGEN

Can you print copies of these? There used to be an option but I don't see it now??

Advertisement