Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭A1404

I topped up on the 15th and have yet to receive my text (with the redemption code) :(

I did top up on 13th, received the code the next day, the port was done on 11 or 12th can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I just messaged them on Twitter, she said that it was a Vodafone X offer, not restricted to students.. she also said the codes should start being sent out tomorrow October 21st.. so fingers crossed

Edit.. screenshot.. https://ibb.co/vPGHBSV
    Anyone get the promised codes yet today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Anyone with 48 got this ? My port is tomorrow and want to see i can bet on it as they changed T&Cs from 16th for 48 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Nothing here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 saleem

Nope nothing hear also, coming from 48 but have ported before 16th Oct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

saleem wrote: »
    Nope nothing hear also, coming from 48 but have ported before 16th Oct

I ordered before the 16th but my port from 48 only completed on the 17th. Hopefully I don't have to chase them for a code. No code here yet either for this one or one I ordered using an eir sim.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Got my sim, seemed to be ported so I topped up online. Got a text confirming the top-up, but the credit hasn't appeared ~1 hour later. I tried to register with them using the app, which told me to use the website. I tried to register from the website, but it tells me i can't register cos I'm not a Vodafone customer.

Gotta love 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Got my sim, seemed to be ported so I topped up online. Got a text confirming the top-up, but the credit hasn't appeared ~1 hour later. I tried to register with them using the app, which told me to use the website. I tried to register from the website, but it tells me i can't register cos I'm not a Vodafone customer.

Gotta love 'em.

Similar did happen me but it did eventually work. It wasn't an hour though. More like 10 min. Good luck. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Funny how the number is 'Vodafone enough' to take my topup charge, but not enough to apply the credit or let me create an account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

SIM Ordered on 2020-10-16
    Ported from 3
    Received 2020-10-21
    Number was already ported (did not receive any notification SMS)
    Made a call, SMS, used Internet

Waiting for the SMS now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Can anyone confirm please, is this deal still working for Tesco SIMs? (the number was ported to Tesco originally, so it's 085, but it's on Tesco network).

Vodafone's website only mentions Lyca.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm please, is this deal still working for Tesco SIMs? (the number was ported to Tesco originally, so it's 085, but it's on Tesco network).

Vodafone's website only mentions Lyca.

They updated the terms of the offer about a week ago to exclude Tesco and 48, as well as Lyca. You can always try, though. People have managed to get the Pixel 3a deal with Lyca, even though it's supposedly excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭confusicus

Just got the SMS there

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Just got the text. Has a link and a unique code. All ordered so hopefully get them in a few days.

Same, ordered. All good. Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Legits

Same

Even got a confirmation email

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

no sign of it yet... did you guys all port from 48?

JamesRLS wrote: »
    no sign of it yet... did you guys all port from 48?

Eir. For me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭confusicus

I ported with 48, but before they changed their T&C

confusicus wrote: »
    I ported with 48, but before they changed their T&C

Same, thats weird I havent gotten it yet :(, maybe its a phased rollout?

Yeah got the txt with the code.. placed the order, so fingers crossing again for the final leg to go smoothly..

https://ibb.co/FqZQfJh

Yeah got the txt with the code.. placed the order, so fingers crossing again for the final leg to go smoothly..

https://ibb.co/FqZQfJh

When exactly did you get the code? Im planning on contacting support at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 41 saleem

I got the text a hour ago and just ordered, thanks OP! I have ported over from 48 on 12 Oct and completed everything on the 16th.

I ported 2 numbers in, one from eir and then a day later one from 48. So far I only received a code for the 48 number I ported in. One set in the bag anyway. Now just to wait for the other code.

DopeTech wrote: »
    I ported 2 numbers in, one from eir and then a day later one from 48. So far I only received a code for the 48 number I ported in. One set in the bag anyway. Now just to wait for the other code.

Thats so odd, i ported from 48 on the 12th and still havent gotten a code, just not my luck :(

Thats so odd, i ported from 48 on the 12th and still havent gotten a code, just not my luck :(

Seems to be a bit of a lottery, hopefully they are sending out another round tomorrow or next Wednesday. Could someone with twitter ask them maybe?

When exactly did you get the code? Im planning on contacting support at this point

16:45 got the code

• Advertisement

16:45 got the code

16:41

Advertisement