Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is 'Leo Dowling' from Fair City Irelands worst actor ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Vain wrote: »
    Ah no. Its Ursula she cant act one bit always find it very funny.

Anna Manahan (the one with the lugs :D) was actually an award winning stage actress in her day - one of the most famous Ireland has produced believe it or not.. She's worked with some of the best in the business. The part of 'Ursula' is absolutely appaling like most things on Fair City. Who writes this stuff??? Troy, Duncan and Ringo..? Who names the characters? :pac: I'm convinced it's a comedy - most people I know that watch just wet themselves laughing for half an hour. It's great. :D

The accolade of Fair City's worst actor has to be Rita. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

i vote ursula as the worst.

RATTTT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Is Dave Duffy, Fair Citys 'Leo Dowling' Irelands worst actor ? I ask this because recently friends of mine were visiting from abroad and happened to catch a few episodes of Ireland's very own soap. They unanimously agreed that Duffy was the worst actor they had ever seen on any television programme, anywhere in the world. Now I know Fair City is awful, and Duffy is a brutal actor but I wonder could he be the worst actor in Ireland ? Nothing personal to the guy by the way, hes getting paid for being awful so I guess he is pretty greatful to be still allowed to even grace our screens.
    I don't know, the blonde girl in it who always walked around like a penguin was pretty damn bad

(I think she may have dyed her hair since? I don't watch it, only seen a few eps)

• Advertisement

Anyone remember Joshua 'awight' Udenze? They just pulled him off the street. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone remember Joshua 'awight' Udenze? They just pulled him off the street. :D

I think he is in Mamma Mia the Movie playing a barman as far as I remember.

jos28 wrote: »
    I think he is in Mamma Mia the Movie playing a barman as far as I remember.

An actual part or an extra? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Here you go
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2212617/
    A long way from Carrigstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

actual part ya he did one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

OH MY GOD that was JOSHUA?! i knew i recognized him from somewhere, LOLLL

There's hope for us all.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Does anyone know where I could buy a photo/picture of leo from fair city??

I wanna put it in a frame for my housemate as a kris kindle present. Its a private joke before anyone has any worries!!!

Any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could buy a photo/picture of leo from fair city??

I wanna put it in a frame for my housemate as a kris kindle present. Its a private joke before anyone has any worries!!!

Any ideas??

The internet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Yes he is, Mario Rosenstock from Gift grub does an impression of him where he justs starts talking louder and louder , v.funny

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Leo has actually done numerous Rules Of The Road Videos.

He demonstrates all the hand signals in the car.

Also can be seen working part time on the weekends at Dublin Airport directing the planes in on the runways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I think Leo's an absolute legend. A dab hand at the guitar too.

Your man Duncan...I'd love to hit him a smack, the jumped up little sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jimmy Doyle. Really was the worst actor in that soap. Now you can just take your pick. Clio looks like she's constantly sucking a lemon up through her ar$e!

People keep mentioning actor and Fair City in the same sentences....what is the story with that?

There are NO GOOD ACTORS in Fair City

One Expression Robin, Jimmy goggle eyes and Leo Hands On are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,949 ✭✭✭DenMan

He is terrible I have to say. He comes across as awkward and clumsy. It seems far too much ott. I am not sure how they are put into this position in the first place. Theatre is the measuring stick. That is how you really come into your own as a performer. Your awareness on stage and being aware of others.

The only people with any talent on Fair City are Hilda Fay (Tracey), Rachel Sarah Murphy (Jo) and Sandra Curran (Una). Their performances are real and you can see that they honed their work on stage. Rachel Sarah Murphy runs acting classes for theatre in Dublin.

Spent a good bit of time on the set of Fair City working with the directors so can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The guy who plays Leo is Larry Olivier compared to the guy who played that Doctor Jack character a few years back.

Might have been the last time I saw it. Might be a decade ago.

Realistically, I still blame the scriptwriters more. Burning would be too good for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 furisto

DenMan wrote: »
    He is terrible I have to say. He comes across as awkward and clumsy. It seems far too much ott. I am not sure how they are put into this position in the first place. Theatre is the measuring stick. That is how you really come into your own as a performer. Your awareness on stage and being aware of others.

The only people with any talent on Fair City are Hilda Fay (Tracey), Rachel Sarah Murphy (Jo) and Sandra Curran (Una). Their performances are real and you can see that they honed their work on stage. Rachel Sarah Murphy runs acting classes for theatre in Dublin.

Spent a good bit of time on the set of Fair City working with the directors so can see it.
    Best actor's by far are Keith and Ray!

DenMan wrote: »
    Rachel Sarah Murphy runs acting classes for theatre in Dublin.

Eh.. she's the owner of the Irish Film Academy that supplies a lot of the Fair City 'talent'.. Outside of Fair City she's done nothing worth talking about and it's unlikely she ever will. :confused:

Hilda Fay on the otherhand is an excellent actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Eh.. she's the owner of the Irish Film Academy that supplies a lot of the Fair City 'talent'.. Outside of Fair City she's done nothing worth talking about and it's unlikely she ever will. :confused:

Wonder if she gives a special class 'How to shoehorn the word 'lookit' into every fu**ing sentence while pulling a face like a slapped arse 101'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Leo has actually done numerous Rules Of The Road Videos.

He demonstrates all the hand signals in the car.

Also can be seen working part time on the weekends at Dublin Airport directing the planes in on the runways.

Yeah he would be really good in that job, does is voice get louder and louder the more he talks?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

leo dowling is a trained shakephearean thespian compared to that guy that was in it a few years ago who played Ross (who was having an affair with his teacher and her daughter). Now he was WOODEN!

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

leo dowling is a trained shakephearean thespian compared to that guy that was in it a few years ago who played Ross (who was having an affair with his teacher and her daughter). Now he was WOODEN!

Are you being serious?! Well there's no evidence of that on Fair City!:D

My brother does a brilliant impression of him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I think that award must go to Liam Cunningham......it always makes me laugh when i watch that episode of Friends with Joey doing the "acting facial expressions"...he must have gotten the idea from Cunningham..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

In relation to leo dowling i have two words for you all. . . . .

I WOULD.

And i think he is a brilliant actor, those hand gestures are sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Where is Leo these times? Its like he disappeared off the face of the planet...

Advertisement