Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parcel up to 10kg for 5,96eur with anPost with Track&Trace number

• 20-01-2021 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Looks like a good deal, one label will cost 5,96eur and that will cover any national parcel up to 10kg -track and trace number is included

the only thing is you have to buy a bulk of 25 - still good deal as there's no expiry date for labels

https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Products/ACStandPL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

pancyk wrote: »
    Hi,

Looks like a good deal, one label will cost 5,96eur and that will cover any national parcel up to 10kg -track and trace number is included

the only thing is you have to buy a bulk of 25 - still good deal as there's no expiry date for labels

https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Products/ACStandPL

You must use your advantage card to buy it tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭pancyk

TheDriver wrote: »

I got Advantage Card free at my local post office, not a big deal - It's more less like a Tesco Club Card.

This deal is opened to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭glog

TheDriver wrote: »

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thanks OP. A friend has a small business that sells online and this is very helpful. Every euro counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 81r2

Thanks OP. Great find.

Didn't need Advantage Card to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Can you buy them and send them to people for them to send YOU stuff? If so it's a GREAT offer.

Edit: Is this 100% track and trace? I don't see it mentioned in the product description - although I will admit to frequently suffering from hysterical blindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Edit: Is this 100% track and trace? I don't see it mentioned in the product description - although I will admit to frequently suffering from hysterical blindness.

A lot of my parcels are under 2kg. These cost 9 euro & track & trace is included. I'm assuming these are the same thing but for close to half price.
    I bought 3 packs. Great price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Are these self printable, or a physical sticker?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Such a shame this was not available years ago, would have been a lifeline for business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Still not competing with GLS of Fastway for business users.

Are these self printable, or a physical sticker?

They are physical ParcelPost green stickers with tracking number, you can send them to others

Cerveza wrote: »
    Still not competing with GLS of Fastway for business users.

Can you share some more details/prices ?

Can you share some more details/prices ?

A lot depends on volume but getting labels for €4-€5.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

They are also currently offering €15 off when you buy a 300 national stamp pack. It says advantage card but all you need to do is add a company name and it automatically allows you to order. I sell a little on Ebay and other platforms and even a small amount definitely does make a difference. I also find it great because I can just post them off and not have to go to a Post Office.
    thanks An Post!

EDIT: Discount linked here https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Products/ACStandPL

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Looking for 24 people to get deal :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭cathy427

A lot depends on volume but getting labels for €4-€5.

Presumably the volume has to be much, much greater than 25? ie the volume needed for this offer.

You would be looking at 100 minimum but you would be beating an post rate at that easy.

You would be looking at 100 minimum but you would be beating an post rate at that easy.

and labels for €4-€5 -is that net or gross price?

Including vat figures

• Advertisement

You would but very different market - over a 100 versus 25.

This is a great offer for people who only want a small number.

If people are looking for volume offers then its a totally different market.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Oasis678

Just wondering does anyone know are these are insured if get lost had a look on an post but couldnt see it.

Hi,

the only thing is you have to buy a bulk of 25

The only thing is you have to deal with An Post.

denartha wrote: »

What delivery company will you recommend ?

denartha wrote: »

Been trialing a small business idea so keeping detailed records and just had a quick look
    - 31 parcels sent via An Post in 2020. 31 delivered the following day. (Most before 9.30am)

Of deliveries I received An Post the only people that did not leave parcels (in carboard) sitting out in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

cathy427 wrote: »
    Been trialing a small business idea so keeping detailed records and just had a quick look
    - 31 parcels sent via An Post in 2020. 31 delivered the following day. (Most before 9.30am)

Of deliveries I received An Post the only people that did not leave parcels (in carboard) sitting out in the rain.

Could not agree more. Even at the height of a pandemic, my shipments were only running 1-3 days late. The majority were delivered the next day.

Compared to Royal Mail or Americas UPS, we have a fantastic service. I, for one, am thankful to An Post and its constistency

The courier company I use are next day delivery. Best is to email a few different companies tell them your projected volume and strike a deal on that. An post are grand for the occasional shipment but you could give any length of time in a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Off topic, but where can I get a couple of decent boxes that I can ship stuff to family in. Need to be fairly robust, probably 10kg of stuff in each box.

Based in D2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've been using these An Post labels for around 3yrs now. Been great for my business with occasional shipments. GLS/Fastway etc. would't quote me for anything due to the sporadic nature of the business.

Bar the balls up by An Post at Christmas it's a great service. 99% of the time it's next day. With the prices dropped again it's a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

i wonder what the weight is stated on the label, I regularly send out 10.5kg parcels and that's with using lighter packaging, if it states 10kg on the label I will be over the threshold, if it doesn't state 10kg on the label I would chance my arm. I have a great pre-order prices with fastway and dpd , but they are notorious for leaving parcels on peoples door ways and items getting wet or nicked! anpost would rarely ever do this

Advertisement