Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"OK Boomer"

• 08-11-2019 10:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

The "I shot JR" for fellas in their early 30s still living with their parents and considering what brand of tampons to purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

OK boomer

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

MrAbyss wrote: »
    The "I shot JR" for fellas in their early 30s still living with their parents and considering what brand of tampons to purchase?

Gender fluid, something something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

OK Google, define 'OK boomer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's not an ideal phrase given the implication that all Boomers are bad but it is considerably better than co-opting a phrase for the mentally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

MrAbyss wrote: »

Don't understand the question.

Don't actually understand IF It's a question, to be honest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

My neice said this to me in a message yesterday.

I don't know what she's on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 HelloHello1234

Bob Harris wrote: »
    My neice said this to me in a message yesterday.

I don't know what she's on about.

Typical boomer:D:D:D:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Boomer and Candy have both been used in thread titles in the last day. I don’t think I’m being overly drastic in recommending we launch immediate sanctions against the US; ban Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and start an urgent project to create a European internet free of stupid americanisms and outrage culture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I thought it was " who shot JR ?".

That used to be relevant , boomers.

What is a tampon ?

Typical boomer:D:D:D:pac::pac:

I'm still at a loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Boomer and Candy have both been used in thread titles in the last day. I don’t think I’m being overly drastic in recommending we launch immediate sanctions against the US; ban Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and start an urgent project to create a European internet free of stupid americanisms and outrage culture.

Sounds kinda nice actually!

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I thought it was " who shot JR ?".

That used to be relevant , boomers.

What is a tampon ?

Tom-JPG.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I hadn't heard this phrase a week ago and now it seems to be everywhere. Is this the new "woke"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

"Boomer" isn't a demographic that exists in Ireland. We didn't participate in the war, hence no post-war "Baby Boom." So it doesn't really apply here, the middle aged snowflakes can stop getting triggered because the young people said mean things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

I've only heard it for a week and it's grating as ****, ok boomer is not a political statement, it's nothing. Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

May get used to it. All these American YouTubers have the next generation ruined.
    My niece asked me to bring her to the candy store the other day... she meant Super Valu. She also says diapers instead of nappies :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Leave me alone yiz pr*cks.

Regards,

Boomer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I'm still not sure what 'woke' means , but not really interested in finding out either. I'm guessing it's a word to describe an overly sensitive @sshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I'm still not sure what 'woke' means , but not really interested in finding out either. I'm guessing it's a word to describe an overly sensitive @sshole.

Nah, that’s piles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Nah, that’s piles.

Both equally a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Just another one of those terms from the U.S that people using it (like virtue signalling and George Soros) haven't a notion what it means (baby boomer: someone who was born between 1946 and 1964 - referring to the boom in births following WWII, and a generation which did a lot of good in terms of changing certain repressive social mores, but some YouTube personality said something edgily negative about them, so here comes the bandwagon!)

Before the "ok boomer" response, I was born long long after 1964.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Cordell

a generation which did a lot of good in terms
    Apparently they are privileged and the cause of millennials not being able to afford a home and generally the root of all evil.
    Before the "ok boomer" response, I was born long long after 1964
    If you're gen X don't worry, our time will come soon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Its funny how people are getting so worked up about it considering its been a pretty accepted phrase for so long, also those same people have probably spent the last 10 years decrying millenials as the root of all modern problems.

Personally as Gen X'er im just enjoying sitting back and watching.

ms1q0rue4bx31.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

"OK Boomer" is the snowflake/millennial version of "Whatever"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

I hate people.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's a good response to the equally stupid crap you read about snowflakes and millennials.

And it really works on its targets, which is the main reason it's taken off, they can't stand it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Cordell wrote: »
    Apparently they are privileged and the cause of millennials not being able to afford a home and generally the root of all evil.

If you're gen X don't worry, our time will come soon
    Sure am. To be fair, our generation didn't do much. We are the children of the boomers who worked their asses of for us. And we repaid them with cynicism and "whatEVER!" :D
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Its funny how people are getting so worked up about it considering its been a pretty accepted phrase for so long, also those same people have probably spent the last 10 years decrying millenials as the root of all modern problems.
    It's not the phrase - it's the use of it by people who haven't a clue. And the stupid blame game. Yeah the dude sweeping the streets of Baltimore who was born in 1955. Get him! Or all those drafted to fight in Vietnam against their will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

God I hate humanity. Thanks to things like this.

The sun cant go red giant soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Idiotic to use it in an Irish context as it makes no sense and just serves to show that people are influenced by American culture to the extent where they just repeat nonsensical phrases that they don't fully understand.

I say that as a millenial but it's always the same dopes in your friend groups who go along with this nonsense.
    The ones who aren't able to understand the nuances to situations so they need a catch phrase put on it so that don't need to think.

Que - some goon coming on to say "Ok Boomer" as they aren't able to dispute the above point.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Bin the trash cans, I say

Advertisement