Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimberly Mikado puppet characters.

• 18-08-2020 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember these? Used to find them kind of creepy. Looking at it again just what was the female one supposed to be? I used to think she was a Japanese/Asian woman but in retrospect she looks like a sort of humanoid penguin.

https://twitter.com/AdsIrish/status/1294767362739249163

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭George White

a bit Sid and Marty krofft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I'd forgotten this one. The versions of the puppets here are more cutesy and Muppet like in contrast to the unsettling life sized ones. Can't see the un-pc Chinese one going down too well today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Some Japanese geisha thing going on, although the other has the Chinese "queue" pigtail. Probably a weird play on Mikado, whoever designed the characters got China and Japan mixed up.

Where was it filmed? Westport house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Some Japanese geisha thing going on, although the other has the Chinese "queue" pigtail. Probably a weird play on Mikado, whoever designed the characters got China and Japan mixed up.

Where was it filmed? Westport house?

I don't recognise the location. Yeah I had a feeling the female puppet was Japanese.

Advertisement