Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Lego

• 10-08-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My son is obsessed (in a good way) with SW lego - he's got loads of baddies but he wants to build up his rebel count.

Any suggestions on how he can do this? Battlepacks?

Where to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

prob depends on the types he's looking for, look around adverts.ie plenty of sellers with stuff starting at €4 each. Bricklink is another good site, there you can look at all the different minifigs released and check out the prices.

Are there any particular rebels he wants? I might have one or two duplicates. I'm sure most people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

Speaking of Stat Wars lego and dont to start a new thread. What are peoples thought on ATAT vs Tantive 4 for a christmas present???

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Glebee wrote: »
    Speaking of Stat Wars lego and dont to start a new thread. What are peoples thought on ATAT vs Tantive 4 for a christmas present???

AT-AT has better play potential and somehow improves on its already amazing predecessor. Tantive is great though, one of the ugliest ships ever to grace a cinema screen but I love it to bits. Tantive has a nice little handle for play as well.

Tantive IV is being retired soon I heard so based on that I'd go for it over the AT-AT (assuming you'd like/can afford both).

If you can only get one though the AT-AT is probably the better of the 2.

• Advertisement

Cheers folks, leaning towards at at, but tantive 4 is such a classic looking ship in my opinion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Glebee wrote: »
    Cheers folks, leaning towards at at, but tantive 4 is such a classic looking ship in my opinion.

Also the chances of getting another AT-AT in the next five or so years is reasonably high so if you miss it now, it won't be a huge wait for the next. The Tantive is less likely to appear, the last one before this was 2009.

Sorry if that muddies the water.

Attempting objectivity, if you are going to build and display, it's 50:50 between the two. If there are small people in your house who would play (or, indeed, if you would play with it) then it's the AT-AT all the way.

Still undecided but thanks for all the suggestions. ATAT is also 50euro cheaper but Tantive 4 has 500 more pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LEGOJim1989

The AT AT is amazing, such a great look with all the grey vehicle armour combined with the LEGO studs

Advertisement