Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So according to a Deadline Hollywood report, we haven't seen the last of Henry Cavill's Superman.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/man-of-steel-henry-cavill-superman-warner-bros-1202945025/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Inevitable after last week's news.

If I'm enthused it's because of what Cavill has done outside of Superman. That's an indictment tbh. He really needs one strong showing in the role.

Very quiet in here recently.....I wonder why. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well there aint that much superheroing going on tbh :D

We prob should all have seen Black Widow for one by now...

It'll be interesting to see what effect the Snyder cut is going to have on the likes of Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

I'm on the record as saying that I walked out of the latter but I decided to rewatch it last night. One thing I pride myself on is holding my hands up upon reassessment of a film and have to say this is one of those situations.

While I still feel Aquaman is the most blatant case of copying the marvel formula this far to average results, it does have this certain quality where it manages to stay on the right side of all out cheese and make you smile. And watching it in 4K it's hard to recall a more gorgeous looking film in the genre.

I do however feel that a repeat of that type of film will not work for a sequel and some chances will need to be taken.

My hope is that if the Snyder cut is successful it will encourage a course correction back to the type of films that will provide an alternative as opposed to an imitation of the MCU.

That isn't so much an endorsement of Snyder but more a hope that WB/DC will give their directors a little bit more leeway and freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It'll be interesting to see what effect the Snyder cut is going to have on the likes of Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

I'm on the record as saying that I walked out of the latter but I decided to rewatch it last night. One thing I pride myself on is holding my hands up upon reassessment of a film and have to say this is one of those situations.

While I still feel Aquaman is the most blatant case of copying the marvel formula this far to average results, it does have this certain quality where it manages to stay on the right side of all out cheese and make you smile. And watching it in 4K it's hard to recall a more gorgeous looking film in the genre.

I do however feel that a repeat of that type of film will not work for a sequel and some chances will need to be taken.

My hope is that if the Snyder cut is successful it will encourage a course correction back to the type of films that will provide an alternative as opposed to an imitation of the MCU.

That isn't so much an endorsement of Snyder but more a hope that WB/DC will give their directors a little bit more leeway and freedom.

The Snyder Cut will have very little impact on the direction of the "DCEU", it will be watched by hardcore fans and the more curious film fans all of whom will need access to some form of streaming service, not nearly enough to warrant any kind of course correction. It's being released as a promotional push for the HBO/WB streaming service, nothing more.

Side not, I saw Aquaman in 4DX in cineworld, terrible experience but I cannot think of a better film to watch in order to get the full 4DX experience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The purpose of the Sunder Cut is to boost the HBO streaming service, that's all IMO. They had all that footage, a groundswell of niche fandom obsessing about it and some instant kudos from greenlighting the project. It'd want to take a phenomenally large positive swing for DC to reassess the direction of their movies again. It'll make for an intellectual exercise for sure, wouldn't be convinced it'll have that much of an effect.

Are people forgetting why JS ended up the way it did in the first place? Why the (completely botched) course correction took place?

While I think everyone agrees imitating Marvel is wasting the potential of the DCU, Snyder has proven he is not the template to build it around. He doesn't get the characters, he bends them to fit whatever Randian tale he currently feels like telling.

...Or perhaps, he didn't but does now. I would LOVE to see him come out of the terrible time he's had stronger, and give us a whole new vision and direction for the DCEU. Man, I'd love for that to be the ending of this story.

But, if it's just more of the same, it'll be more boring grey "you owe the world nothing" drudgery, and personally I'm completely done with that.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    The Snyder Cut will have very little impact on the direction of the "DCEU", it will be watched by hardcore fans and the more curious film fans all of whom will need access to some form of streaming service, not nearly enough to warrant any kind of course correction. It's being released as a promotional push for the HBO/WB streaming service, nothing more.

Side not, I saw Aquaman in 4DX in cineworld, terrible experience but I cannot think of a better film to watch in order to get the full 4DX experience.

Given all signs point to Henry Cavill getting another outing as Superman as a part of whatever deal he came to with Snyder and WB, I don't think this is quite true....yet anyway.

The buzz goes beyond Cavill as well and is starting to touch Affleck and Fisher. It's not impossible that the DCEU might find its new home on the streaming platform. It's easy to dismiss the possibility of it all but as the last two weeks have shown, anything is possible.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The DCEU Snyder Universe may well continue as its own entity going forward.

DC made a stand alone Joker they are making a stand alone Batman with no connection to the DCEU.

If it makes money and adds subscribers to HBO Max that what its all about.

Teaser for the Snyder cut

• Advertisement

Teaser for the Snyder cut

Was Jesse Eisenberg in JL? I can't remember

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Post credits scene, but not the main "plot" such as it was. Though it's hard to recall that original cut. Not sure if the Synder cut was meant to feature him.

It sounds like a different version of what made it to screen but it's his dialogue from BvS at the end when Batman interrogates him.

I could have done without that weird pan out to a young Darkseid in the distance at the end, but the cave scene in itself with Eisenberg's dialogue was nicely ominous. I don't think this was intended for release, apparently Snyder made it for the cast and Momoa shared it on Instagram. Hence the teaser not coming from any official channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It sounds like a different version of what made it to screen but it's his dialogue from BvS at the end when Batman interrogates him.

I could have done without that weird pan out to a young Darkseid in the distance at the end, but the cave scene in itself with Eisenberg's dialogue was nicely ominous. I don't think this was intended for release, apparently Snyder made it for the cast and Momoa shared it on Instagram. Hence the teaser not coming from any official channels.

Can't get more official than HBOMax, that is where the film is going to be distributed.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Can't get more official than HBOMax, that is where the film is going to be distributed.

This teaser didn't debut on an official channel, that's what I daid. But I'm sure you knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Surely the HBOMax YouTube channel counts as official?

Surely the HBOMax YouTube channel counts as official?

It did not debut on the channel. Momoa on Instagram was the first to release the video and the only channels that picked it up initially were not WB or HBO channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,006 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michael Keaton's Batman could be returning in The Flash film

Ray Fisher (@ray8fisher) Tweeted:
    Joss Wheadon’s on-set treatment of the cast and crew of Justice League was gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable.

He was enabled, in many ways, by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg.

Accountability>Entertainment https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1278362556214755329?s=20

Ray Fisher (@ray8fisher) Tweeted:
    Joss Wheadon’s on-set treatment of the cast and crew of Justice League was gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable.

He was enabled, in many ways, by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg.

Accountability>Entertainment https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1278362556214755329?s=20

Not the first time Whedon has been shown to be a bad egg. Wonder if the bigger names will back up these claims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michael Keaton's Batman could be returning in The Flash film

That would be unreal, his first Batman film was the first one I saw in the cinema, can still taste the minstrels and coke!

Not the first time Whedon has been shown to be a bad egg. Wonder if the bigger names will back up these claims.

Gadot or Momoa would be massive if they came out in support. Would love to hear from Affleck because he looks like death in those reshoots.

Yeah Keaton would be unreal. Him and Bale are Batman to me.

I wonder would HBOMax make a full on mini series out of the Snyder cuts of Batman vs Superman and The Justice League.

There must be 10 hours of footage between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Gadot or Momoa would be massive if they came out in support. Would love to hear from Affleck because he looks like death in those reshoots.

Yeah Keaton would be unreal. Him and Bale are Batman to me.

Well you got one.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/jason-momoa-ray-fisher-justice-league-1234762350/

Christ. I wonder what happened. That doesn't read like a barrel of laughs, if Fisher wouldn't even talk to the investigator without consulting his legal team :/

Momoa's tweet is nice but I think Fisher needed a bit more, maybe it will come.

Fisher said in an IG video that Johns phoned him to gloat when Cyborg was cast in DP. Pretty petty sh1t from someone who was meant to be the head of creative output for a studio. A lot of people are dismissing it as nothing but I don't know what I'd say if that was my boss or ex boss ringing me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I wonder would HBOMax make a full on mini series out of the Snyder cuts of Batman vs Superman and The Justice League.

There must be 10 hours of footage between the two.

Justice League is coming out as a 4 part mini-series (presumably to milk as many subscribers as possible).

Don't see the need for a 3rd cut of BvS

‘The Suicide Squad’ TV Spinoff ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Ordered By HBO Max

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena

I thought he put in a solid performance in The Wall:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4218696/

Felt like a serious film though. Not sure how he'll stack up in a comedy role if that is what Gunn has in mind.

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »
    I thought he put in a solid performance in The Wall:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4218696/

Felt like a serious film though. Not sure how he'll stack up in a comedy role if that is what Gunn has in mind.

I would recommend Blockers I'd you haven't already seen it, I was pleasantly surprised by his comedy chops.

Advertisement