Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Implanon

• 13-05-2017 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,looking for some advice my implanon is now over 6 months out of date and I have to make an appointment to get it removed.during the 3 years I had it I never had a period but as of a couple of months ago the returned is there a chance it is still working even after the expiry date.thanks.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,746 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

If it's expired I wouldn't be taking any chances.

Really you should be asking a doctor or pharmacist that question. Although I can pretty much guarantee they will tell you if it's out of date it's ineffective. They are not going to let themselves open to a case of "well xxx told me it was fine".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod Note

Hi eskerwalk3

Asking for or giving medical advice is against the Boards.ie terms of use - for very good reasons.
    Better to contact your GP or ask your Pharmacist for professional advice.

All the best :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement