Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone weather apps which one do you recommend?

Options
  • 04-07-2014 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering which one is the most accurate and has the most detail for iPhone? I don't mind paying for it. I believe AccuWeather was great up until they changed the layout, I have yahoo's one which is pretty good, just wondering what the serious weather watchers on here use?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

I always thought accuweather absolutely sucked.. they were always wrong, at least for me anyway. No recommendations though i tend to just stick with met eireann and my own forecasting skills now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i love the yahoo weather app .. but that's only cos some of my photos are featured as backgrounds for balbriggan & lusk :P

ah no, i do like it. it has a lot packed into it for a free app! i like how they show a wind turbine moving around at different speeds and the sun/moon chart thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I use windfinder and I think its great for 24 hr predictions. I agree accuweather was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Video wrote: »
    I always thought accuweather absolutely sucked.. they were always wrong, at least for me anyway. No recommendations though i tend to just stick with met eireann and my own forecasting skills now haha

For some reason, Accuweather were amazingly accurate ~ then went junk, I don't use them anymore and have not renewed subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

My current fav is Metro Group "Weather Pro" there is a fee and an ongoing fee but I like it a lot.

I also use "Rain Alarm XT" and that is a once off fee and is reasonably good but limited as the name suggests.

My biggest investment is in Weather4D and I paid a massive €25 for that as a once off for the basic version. It does not run that well on my iPhone but it does have features that the others do not at their basic level. Get more recommendations before you purchase, I like it.

Now, the free Met Eireann App is a beauty, I like that very much.

It takes time to see if a weather app is working in your area or not, so it can be a few quid to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My favourites are:
    • AeroWeatherPro and
    • Wx Charts from Progaero
    • World Av Wx
    • Sat24.com

But they are all aviation weather related.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Red Nissan wrote: »
    My current fav is Metro Group "Weather Pro" there is a fee and an ongoing fee but I like it a lot.

I also use "Rain Alarm XT" and that is a once off fee and is reasonably good but limited as the name suggests.

My biggest investment is in Weather4D and I paid a massive €25 for that as a once off for the basic version. It does not run that well on my iPhone but it does have features that the others do not at their basic level. Get more recommendations before you purchase, I like it.

Now, the free Met Eireann App is a beauty, I like that very much.

It takes time to see if a weather app is working in your area or not, so it can be a few quid to find out.

I'd second weather pro... I don't use the subscription, just the paid for app and find it pretty decent

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

zinzan wrote: »
    I'd second weather pro... I don't use the subscription, just the paid for app and find it pretty decent

Maybe it's just bad where I live but I've found weather pro useless. Met eireann are the most accurate in my experience.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Yr.no have a decent app, just a pity wind speed is in m/s, but the wind arrow gives an indication in knots.

Advertisement