Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mean landlord, need advice.

Options
  • 30-05-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Sorted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Please advice
    Move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Move or PRTB - you dont have any other choice really

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Why _So_Serious?

sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I think you are being far too soft with your landlord!

I would contact the PTRB without a second thought, apart from inadequate heating facilities, his lack of communication regarding the washing machine and fridge is not acceptable.

Even if you think that you will be buying somewhere soon, purchasing is a long drawn out process, it could take up to a year for you to find somewhere you want to buy at the right price and for the paperwork/solicitors to get things sorted.

Moving from a one bed apartment isn't that much hassle, and it's a renters market, you may even save yourself some money.

I wouldn't advocate not paying your rent, if you do go into consultation with the PTRB (another long drawn out process) you're better off without a tit for tat situation.

Best thing to do is move and take your fridge with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Why _So_Serious?

I think you are being far too soft with your landlord!

I would contact the PTRB without a second thought, apart from inadequate heating facilities, his lack of communication regarding the washing machine and fridge is not acceptable.

Even if you think that you will be buying somewhere soon, purchasing is a long drawn out process, it could take up to a year for you to find somewhere you want to buy at the right price and for the paperwork/solicitors to get things sorted.

Moving from a one bed apartment isn't that much hassle, and it's a renters market, you may even save yourself some money.

I wouldn't advocate not paying your rent, if you do go into consultation with the PTRB (another long drawn out process) you're better off without a tit for tat situation.

Best thing to do is move and take your fridge with you.

Thanks, It is all been sorted.
    Just got a call, he is paying for fridge and getting washing machine fixed.
    happy days.
    thanks all again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thanks, It is all been sorted.
    Just got a call, he is paying for fridge and getting washing machine fixed.
    happy days.
    thanks all again.

Well thats good. Maybe he reads the boards!! :D

Advertisement