Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Describe yourself as you are right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Graces7 wrote: »
    (((HUGS)))

Thank you Graces :) (very kind)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sneezy, sniffly... peaceful though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Feeling a lot of things. But at the moment the standout one is...alone. Really alone.

Blissfully peacefully restfully solitary at the exhausted end of a simple pleasant day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

Lonely
    Grieving

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Relieved. Had therapy yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and got so much off my chest. Spoke in depth about the trauma I experienced a few weeks ago and how I've been feeling about it. Talked about post traumatic stress and the impact it can have. Feel a lot less burdened by it and kind of happy to know that what I've been going through is normal after such an experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I've let my roots grow too long in my hair and it's driving me mad today :mad:

Can't wait to get my hair done tomorrow. Might treat myself and get my nails done too :)

Just wishing I felt better is all.

Hope you're feeling better now Deja.

I've too much to do today. Busy bee.

• Advertisement

Happy. Just...happy. :)

Greatful, content-ish..... Looking forward to my night out

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

On my couch
    Watching a movie
    Drinking a nice Côtes du Rhone
    Prepping myself for a big night out tomorrow

Broody :/

Exhausted, sick, and scared.

The past few days have been a blur since my uncle died suddenly on Sunday. Spent Monday running around like a blue ar$ed fly trying to sort myself out. Drove the three hours to the town where he lived for the removal on Tuesday. Feck all sleep that night and up again early the following morning to go back to the house before the funeral. I was asked to read a prayer of the faithful. Somehow managed to get through that but fell apart at the next one which mentioned my late mother. Only for a cousin on the other side of the family put his arm around me my legs would’ve given way there on the alter. It was the first family funeral since my mother died and it all came rushing back in a big way.

I’ve had about 10 hours sleep altogether since Tuesday and I’m running on fumes at this stage. I have to go to work in a few hours but I’m wide awake at the moment feeling sick to my stomach, which I’ve been feeling for the guts of a week now. I’m definitely off form but not sure what’s causing it, which also scares me. I know I need to go to my GP for a check up. My uncle was 48 and the most fit, active and healthy man I knew, and it didn’t matter an iota in the end. I’m fit, active and a healthy weight but I have my vices. I know I don’t eat as well as I should, or get as much sleep as I should. I like a drink, but I don’t overdo it. But I’m scared that it won’t make any difference, and I could still drop dead at any time.

I need a hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Exhausted, sick, and scared.

The past few days have been a blur since my uncle died suddenly on Sunday. Spent Monday running around like a blue ar$ed fly trying to sort myself out. Drove the three hours to the town where he lived for the removal on Tuesday. Feck all sleep that night and up again early the following morning to go back to the house before the funeral. I was asked to read a prayer of the faithful. Somehow managed to get through that but fell apart at the next one which mentioned my late mother. Only for a cousin on the other side of the family put his arm around me my legs would’ve given way there on the alter. It was the first family funeral since my mother died and it all came rushing back in a big way.

I’ve had about 10 hours sleep altogether since Tuesday and I’m running on fumes at this stage. I have to go to work in a few hours but I’m wide awake at the moment feeling sick to my stomach, which I’ve been feeling for the guts of a week now. I’m definitely off form but not sure what’s causing it, which also scares me. I know I need to go to my GP for a check up. My uncle was 48 and the most fit, active and healthy man I knew, and it didn’t matter an iota in the end. I’m fit, active and a healthy weight but I have my vices. I know I don’t eat as well as I should, or get as much sleep as I should. I like a drink, but I don’t overdo it. But I’m scared that it won’t make any difference, and I could still drop dead at any time.

I need a hug.

Condolences on the loss of your uncle and your mother. May they Rest in Peace.
    My own mother passed away earlier this year so I know all about what you're going through. There's a Bereavement thread on Boards.ie which might help you.
    I'm sending you a virtual hug. Hope it helps in some small way.

One of my "faith family" has died; the second in three weeks. She was 92, and just went to sleep. Her entire life in the service of needy folk. Sleep well faithful one!

Another guy, and another heartbreak.

So frightened and scared to be alone again.

Another guy, and another heartbreak.

Sorry to hear that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Optimistic
    Happy
    Contented

Relived.. .. . No drunk texts sent last night

Devastated, nervous, sick.

My best friends dad is dying. She told me yesterday and her family is absolutely heartbroken. Her family is like my adopted second family. I’ve offered to let the rest of our group of friends know as she’s too upset to do it herself. I’m trying to do what I can to help them. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, fu*k cancer.

:( am so sorry SaltSweatSugar :(

I've... lost all confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

So tired and overwhelmed.

I can't seem to catch a break. There's always something. If I lift my foot off the pedal even for a day or two it all backs up and no one else will pick up the slack.

I've cancelled the spa booking I had optimistically made for this afternoon, I know I won't be able to relax, I've too much to do and can't take an afternoon out of life.

I have loads to do aswell Sunny. Started a deep clean and clearout of the house this morning and I'm only a quarter of the way through. Now I don't want to finish it!! :/

A very mixed bag today.

My best friends dad died today. I’m devastated for them, he was such a wonderful man and I was honoured to know him. I’ve known him for fourteen years, ever since I started a band with his son and he let us practice in their shed. He was one of the kindest, warmest men I’ve ever met and was always very good to me, inviting me to spend Christmas or New Years with them if he knew my own dad wasn’t around. I rang in 2019 with them, and I’m so heartbroken that his family has lost him.

I had my last therapy session today, and I found it so odd that my main reason for going and the first thing I spoke to my therapist about was needing help dealing with losing a parent, and one of the last things we spoke about today was how I felt about my best friend losing one of her parents.

I’m happy to be finished therapy, as I feel I’ve gotten everything I needed from it. My therapist is absolutely wonderful and I know I can always go back if I need to, but I feel like my life has changed so much from therapy. It was definitely the best decision I ever made and I’m looking forward to moving onwards and upwards in life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

I’m 8 months pregnant and anxiety ridden.
    Horomones are making it worse than it is.
    Husband is the best, but the one I need him to do he won’t do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Today
    Was
    Hard

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tired
    Lurgy'ified
    Missing my kids

Advertisement