Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your ''I'm on holidays'' weather report.

• 27-06-2019 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

Please feel free to tell us where you are holidaying and the current weather conditions you are experiencing.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

Argeles Sur Mer Soutern France high of 30-31 today warmest it's been not too bad though as we're close to the Med tomorrow's forecast looks daunting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Touched 48C here in Kuwait today . 10pm now and it's still 41 degrees. Only 10% humidity though so not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Lagos portugal (south) mid 20's high, none of this heatwave malarkey. Very different to a typical med climate.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

silverharp wrote: »
    Lagos portugal (south) mid 20's , none of this heatwave malarkey. Very different to a typical med climate.

Portugal is still experiencing lower than average temperatures and has mostly been like this for the past 4 weeks, this will probably be one their coldest Junes on record. Portugal often gets into the high 30s and sometimes early 40's, but nothing of the sort this June with high teens to mid 20's dominating this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Gonzo wrote: »
    Portugal is still experiencing lower than average temperatures and has mostly been like this for the past 4 weeks, this will probably be one their coldest Junes on record. Portugal often gets into the high 30s and sometimes early 40's, but nothing of the sort this June with high teens to mid 20's dominating this month.

Thanks, we were here same time last year and weather was similar, remember it being hotter leaving dublin then when we arrived.
    There tends to be a lot of wind here so it takes the edge off the heat and it cools down in the evening.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Gottanage

Do't say anything. I've been under exotic rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Lagos portugal (south) mid 20's high, none of this heatwave malarkey. Very different to a typical med climate.

Perhaps as it's not on the Med.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Car99 wrote: »
    Touched 48C here in Kuwait today . 10pm now and it's still 41 degrees. Only 10% humidity though so not all bad.

Wallah, Kuwait definitely gets hotter than the UAE.
    It's 45c in Abu Dhabi right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Corfu island Greece 34 degrees. I’m sickened going home today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭esposito

San Pedro de Alcantara, Marbella, Spain. Currently 27°C. Expected high of 30°C today. Not a cloud in the sky. Humidity is around 60%, down on recent days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Argentina, winter time. 15 and cloudy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Dont be sick. Its a scorcher here in Eire today!

Dont be sick. Its a scorcher here in Eire today!

It won't be by the time he lands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

:pac:

Just west of you in Burgau sipping a cold but the crap Superbock beer. Very pleasant though. Locals were complaining of the cold wind up to 23rd June.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Soilse

Tbilisi Georgia 34C humidity 63% blue skies and hot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Nafplio, Greece - 35deg, as it has been all week and will be into the foreseeable future
    With a nice breeze, tis only gorgeous ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

35.9 °C here in Alghero, Sardinia yesterday. What a great network of stations they have here, both rural and urban, with great detail on observations and forecasts. Puts Ireland to shame.

http://www.sar.sardegna.it/servizi/dati/datistazioni.asp

Oliena (Gianfranco Zola's home town) is forecast to hit 44 °C in the next few days.

http://www.sar.sardegna.it/servizi/meteo/tempdetstz.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Paphos Cyprus. 33 humidity 77%. Its a killer. So I've decided to increase my "pool, beer, sunlounger" rotation to every 30 min :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Riverchapel, Wexford. Dull and dampish. Might even head back home.

35.9 °C here in Alghero, Sardinia yesterday. What a great network of stations they have here, both rural and urban, with great detail on observations and forecasts. Puts Ireland to shame.

http://www.sar.sardegna.it/servizi/dati/datistazioni.asp

Oliena (Gianfranco Zola's home town) is forecast to hit 44 °C in the next few days.

http://www.sar.sardegna.it/servizi/meteo/tempdetstz.asp

Get yourself out to Bosa and have a nice meal looking out over the med.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭NSAman

33C mid west USA Today ..cool 15c today no humidity which is beautiful, 28 tomorrow .. humidity building for the rest of the week, with sunshine and showers/thunderstorms

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Car99 wrote: »
    Get yourself out to Bosa and have a nice meal looking out over the med.

Will be in Bosa this week alright.

Yesterday the max temps showed a huge variation across the island. 41.5 °C at Decimomannu, inland north of Cagliari, while only 29.6 here in Alghero, coastal northwest. What's more notable is the difference in dewpoints. In Alghero and along the northwest and west dewpoint was up to a stifling 29.6°C at Capo Frasca, while along the east and southeast it was as low as just 2 °C. So the high humidity kept the temperatures down but the heat index everywhere was around 40.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had a nice few days in the Oriheula Costa region near Murcia. Temperature got to 28 on Wednesday when I arrived, 29 on Thursday, 30 on Friday, 32 on Saturday and 34 yesterday. Weekend started hazy and this developed into outbreaks of thunderstorms, which was tame but like Irish style thunder and some heavy rain. I loved the very warm conditions and looking forward to being back in Spain in a weeks time.

Back home in Dunshaughlin, a cool and cloudy morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

I’m a few days late to the party, but I’m currently in Spain and was in Salou. I then got this beauty of a record shot, posted to my Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vxlks/status/1148022565849501696

What do you guys think?

Currently in Sitges and the streak lightning off the coast is non stop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

TTLF wrote: »
    I’m a few days late to the party, but I’m currently in Spain and was in Salou. I then got this beauty of a record shot, posted to my Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vxlks/status/1148022565849501696

What do you guys think?

Currently in Sitges and the streak lightning off the coast is non stop :D

Had some lightning earlier in Valencia. Last night was incredibly sticky and humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Had some lightning earlier in Valencia. Last night was incredibly sticky and humid.

What’s worse was, our apartment in Salou had no AC and was terrible.

Did it also get really windy last night for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Donegal and in downings. Sat and Sunday were unreal days and evenings. Today was non stop drizzle and heavy rain. Brutal and rest of week looks just as bad 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Carol25

In Majorca currently, when we arrived the humidity was so high and so were the temperatures. Approx 36-38c inland. After some thunder and lightning 5 days ago, it has freshened somewhat. Now 31c by day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I'm in Spain too. Last couple of days has been perfect but tonight the humidity seemed to jump up from about 9:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Carol25

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I'm in Spain too. Last couple of days has been perfect but tonight the humidity seemed to jump up from about 9:30pm

Just looking at our weather forecast for today, and it’s saying chance of thunderstorms this afternoon here. My boys would love to see a storm if it verified. They slept through the last one in Galway earlier this year!

Advertisement