Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Managed to order it in the last half hour. My email was actually spelled wrong so I changed it and finally worked. Got no email thus far but money has been taken. Will wait for more confirmation before ordering case and protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Ordered an hour ago and just received a dispatch email....efficiency that is so un-vodafone like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭long_b

bidiots wrote: »
    It's an upgrade offer, do people who've had orders canceled enter a vodafone mobile number?

Would also like to know if people are using Vodafone numbers for the Irish Life offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thefareast

long_b wrote: »
    Would also like to know if people are using Vodafone numbers for the Irish Life offer ?
    I just ordered one, as a new customer, selected phone and vodafone x, in the basket for 279, used the promo code went to 179, filled in delivery and payment details, money gone from my account so now to wait.

I didn't get any confirmation email just register for a new account from vodafone stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I used a Vodafone number for the offer and I got a dispatch email within an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 hysenberg

Interested in what the consequences of using a sim (vodafone or other) is?
    Could i use someone else's (non-vodafone) number to get the phone?

Am i right in thinking the phone comes unlocked anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭db

I switched to incognito, selected the phone on the main payg page, picked new customer, continued to checkout and entered the code for existing customer and continued through to pay. Got the order confirmation immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

bromley52 wrote: »
    I used a Vodafone number for the offer and I got a dispatch email within an hour.

I have a Vodafone PAYG sim here but I don't know the number of it. Anyway to find out?

tbahh wrote: »
    Managed to order it in the last half hour. My email was actually spelled wrong so I changed it and finally worked. Got no email thus far but money has been taken. Will wait for more confirmation before ordering case and protector.

Still no email from Vodafone. I did just get one from Amazon showing 4a cases; I had looked at them a few days ago but not today. Maybe Amazon knows I'm getting one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ordered one for the missus.
    Just logged into her Vodafone account.
    Selected keep number and offer.
    Used code.
    Paid €180
    Email received about order. Hopefully dispatch email soon.
    Thanks for the code !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

I finally got an order through by going the new customer route. But no order acknowledgement... Transaction pending on card.

magnavox wrote: »
    I finally got an order through by going the new customer route. But no order acknowledgement... Transaction pending on card.

Unfortunately I doubt that will go through. Seems the confirmation email is key to getting a legit order.

Still no email from Vodafone. I did just get one from Amazon showing 4a cases; I had looked at them a few days ago but not today. Maybe Amazon knows I'm getting one!

Got through to Vodafone Live chat and my order has not gone through due to "some rare technical glitch" or something. Asked if they could process it there but it was a no-go. They were saying: "Don't worry, you'll get your refund in 3-5 working days" but that wasn't the point. I expect to be refunded if an order has not gone through but I was wanting the phone. I might try again later but I don't have the appetite to go on that website again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Unfortunately I doubt that will go through. Seems the confirmation email is key to getting a legit order.

I got a confirmation email but just checked my vodafone account and it has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

I got a confirmation email but just checked my vodafone account and it has been cancelled.

Just checked account.
    Looks to show mine is "submitted"

honda boi wrote: »
    Just checked account.
    Looks to show mine is "submitted"

Mine is showing as open, I didn't get a confirmation email

Mine is showing as open, I didn't get a confirmation email

I got open too and no joy. Your username is how I feel right now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Confirmation email doesn't confirm success. Unless you get notice of shipping, it's not fully processed and may still be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

JDxtra wrote: »
    Confirmation email doesn't confirm success. Unless you get notice of shipping, it's not fully processed and may still be cancelled.

Not true, I've had phones shipped with no email or saying shipped on the website. There' is no pattern on the Vodafone website, it was designed by a mad man or a troll.

My order from last night still says open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Do we know for sure if the phone comes unlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Skuxx wrote: »
    Do we know for sure if the phone comes unlocked?
    🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

I have a Vodafone PAYG sim here but I don't know the number of it. Anyway to find out?

Can you put it in a phone and try *#100#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

bromley52 wrote: »
    ��

Ive ordered it just now so fingers crossed indeed!!
    My OnePlus 5T is almost 3 years old now and the camera has been quite blurry lately for some reason

I had another go. This time I decided to go down the new number request route. Worked easily. Used new email, new card. Easy as pie. Received confirmation order soon after. Now just wait and see if I will receive dispatch notice.

EDIT: Just saw it says 'SUBMITTED' on website rather than just 'OPEN' like my first order. So fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

I had another go. This time I decided to go down the new number request route. Worked easily. Used new email, new card. Easy as pie. Received confirmation order soon after. Now just wait and see if I will receive dispatch notice.

EDIT: Just saw it says 'SUBMITTED' on website rather than just 'OPEN' like my first order. So fingers crossed!

I tried again with new email id, new number ,new card..still same result...no confirmation email and website showing as 'open'. Vodafone must have got some clowns to design this website.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    I tried again with new email id, new number ,new card..still same result...no confirmation email and website showing as 'open'. Vodafone must have got some clowns to design this website.

The one main difference this time is I requested a new Vodafone number. First time I tried using my current Vodafone number and website was tricky as fcuk but eventually lead to an 'OPEN' order, which was confirmed to not have gone through via their Live Chat.

I've seen others who got 'SUBMITTED' also were cancelled so the waiting game continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

I found the ordering process to be very straight forward. Whether I get the phone or not is another matter but what issues placing the order are people having?

I ordered earlier and have an open order. Money taken from my bank account. Will I actually get the phone? Reading this thread has me anxious!

I ordered earlier and have an open order. Money taken from my bank account. Will I actually get the phone? Reading this thread has me anxious!

Open order and no confirmation email typically means no phone. Money back in 7 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Just got an order dispatched email. Card charged €180. Savage deal.

Advertisement