Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap Prime video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

camz09 wrote: »
    Does Turkish Prime also show live tennis tournaments like the Prime UK?

Also, would be interested what selections are there compared to the UK and the Irish one (which since the new year has been left with basically just Amazon Originals content)

I have UK Prime and as you say lost access to most stuff but I now use Getflix and have the UK content all back working again.

Think you get a 2 week free trial with Getflix if you want to try. I also have access to US Netflix but I'm not sure what the difference is in the library.

iPlayer works too.

This is all on a Firestick. I didn't make the changes on my tv settings so still have Irish Netflix on that (same account though)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Does Turkish Prime also show live tennis tournaments like the Prime UK?

Also, would be interested what selections are there compared to the UK and the Irish one (which since the new year has been left with basically just Amazon Originals content)

Dubai Duty Free WTA tennis kicking off today apparently on my Turkish A/C.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Posh Boy

So, does the UK content appear when using the Turkish or Indian equivalents?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That's grand, use the wife's email for the Turkish prime on the Android tv box and then anything I buy permanently I can just cast from my phone using my account. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

SteM wrote: »
    If you're Amazon Prime is only showing Original content then it may be set up incorrectly. Can you seen Justified, Downton Abbey or Bobs Burgers for example?

I can see those titles but when I click on them to view it says "This title isn't available in your location" It has been that way for me since 1 Jan 2021. You think there's a way around that that I've been missing (apart from using a UK vpn)??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭SteM

I can see those titles but when I click on them to view it says "This title isn't available in your location" It has been that way for me since 1 Jan 2021. You think there's a way around that that I've been missing (apart from using a UK vpn)??

I think you need to contact amazon customer support. They will change your location settings. They should all be available to you with an Irish prime account in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

camz09 wrote:

If you won't use a VPN or smart dns proxy then you need to change from UK to Ireland content. UK content is geo blocked. From Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

So which is better for TV content, Indian or Turkish? Not bothered about the music, have the cheap Youtube premium setup.

Cheer Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just signed up now thanks. Irish Embassy in Ankara is my new home.

Careful now.... that’s Irish soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Has anyone managed to get the Indian sub working? I cant get it to accept my card as its international card revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Kolido wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get the Indian sub working? I cant get it to accept my card as its international card revolut.

I got the same. I just gave up and signed up to the Turkish site and didn't have much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Posh Boy

timetogo1 wrote: »
    I got the same. I just gave up and signed up to the Turkish site and didn't have much hassle.

And can I ask if you get the UK content without using a vpn?

Posh Boy wrote: »
    And can I ask if you get the UK content without using a vpn?

Dunno. I logged into the app on my phone and it seems pretty much the same content as before. What's something that's only available on the English version?

I noticed that Coming 2 America didn't work last week (using my Irish account). It's working on this Turkish account. I don't know if that counts.
    I tried it as a test, I know the movie is pretty crap :D

I don't see any live sports. I think they were showing before on the phone app with the Irish account. I can't remember, it's not something I'm interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

BKWDR wrote: »
    There's no way I can login to the Turkish prime video on my 4k firestick at all without the whole lot being Turkish? There's no clone app or anything?

Sorry i missed this, yes there is a very easy way:
    Install aptoid
    Look up prime
    Select the prime video for android (looks like the native app)
    Install app
    Open app and select login
    In a browser log in to your new account
    Then use this page to register your new device:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/settings/your-devices/ref=atv_set_your-devices

The app will then load the profiles and you're good to go!
    This also works in the fire cube

Those who got the indian prime to work. Can i ask how you got the payment to work?
    I'm playing around with it (i wanted to try the music feature) and I'm stuck on the payment page with the
    International card is not available for this order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Sorry i missed this, yes there is a very easy way:
    Install aptoid
    Look up prime
    Select the prime video for android (looks like the native app)
    Install app
    Open app and select login
    In a browser log in to your new account
    Then use this page to register your new device:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/settings/your-devices/ref=atv_set_your-devices

The app will then load the profiles and you're good to go!
    This also works in the fire cube

Class! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Just signed up and it comes to 90c (thanks to the OP)

Does anyone have an issue where a number of episodes aren’t available on a series? For example The Handmaid’s Tale only has episode 3 of season 1 non of season 2 but the complete season 3. Just want to make sure I’m not the only one, can’t complain with the 90c regardless!

Spn744 wrote: »

Does anyone have an issue where a number of episodes aren’t available on a series? For example The Handmaid’s Tale only has episode 3 of season 1 non of season 2 but the complete season 3. Just want to make sure I’m not the only one, can’t complain with the 90c regardless!

Just checked mine. Yep it's the same as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I have most episodes except the 1st 3 of season 1.

I am using Smart DNS on Getflix with Amazon Prime set to GB.

Btw there is loads of stuff on it if you set Amazon Prime on Getflix to Canada. The Handmaid's tail is missing though as it's probably streaming on something else.

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Just checked mine. Yep it's the same as yours.

Thanks for confirming!

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    I have most episodes except the 1st 3 of season 1.

I am using Smart DNS on Getflix with Amazon Prime set to GB.

Btw there is loads of stuff on it if you set Amazon Prime on Getflix to Canada. The Handmaid's tail is missing though as it's probably streaming on something else.

Thanks I’ll check it out via Canadian Amazon :)

Thanks for confirming!

That was on my phone. Now that I'm up I checked it on my TV (Chromecast with Google TV). Same amazon account but that has season 2. Still missing the first 3 of season 1. Very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joc10

The sign up screen on Amazon India asks for confirmation phone number...does anybody know how you overcome this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So if I sign up to Turkey or India and use Getflix to change to Canada on my TV then I can get the prime content on Canada? I've bought accounts on AliExpress seemed to be Indian based on the content offered and it did seem to work on Getflix when set to canada on my TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

So if I sign up to Turkey or India and use Getflix to change to Canada on my TV then I can get the prime content on Canada? I've bought accounts on AliExpress seemed to be Indian based on the content offered and it did seem to work on Getflix when set to canada on my TV

It works for me on the Firestick 4K using Prime Turkey. I'm not using the native Prime app but the one referenced by mistress_gi post#75.

Those who got the indian prime to work. Can i ask how you got the payment to work?
    I'm playing around with it (i wanted to try the music feature) and I'm stuck on the payment page with the
    International card is not available for this order.

It looks like amazon india is now checking cards and no longer works. Shame because i was looking forward to trying amazon music

Ok so after much faffing about i got amazon India prime to work and it includes amazon music.
    For those who would prefer this option.
    I bought a giftcard from dundle.com for 1000 rupees (i paid close to 15 euro) . Added this to amazon.in and used that to buy 1 year of prime. For some reason i got 250 rupees cashback!
    I then moved all i could find in amazon to India . Then insalled amazon music activated a VPN to India (i used Turkey VPN from play store) and opened the app, and voilà all is working.
    I may consider topping up the account with more giftcards to last me a couple of years. But I'll play around with this first.

Ok so after much faffing about i got amazon India prime to work and it includes amazon music.
    For those who would prefer this option.
    I bought a giftcard from dundle.com for 1000 rupees (i paid close to 15 euro) . Added this to amazon.in and used that to buy 1 year of prime. For some reason i got 250 rupees cashback!
    I then moved all i could find in amazon to India . Then insalled amazon music activated a VPN to India (i used Turkey VPN from play store) and opened the app, and voilà all is working.
    I may consider topping up the account with more giftcards to last me a couple of years. But I'll play around with this first.

Thanks for this very interesting. What would be the difference in choosing Indian instead of Turkey? :-)

Turkey doesn't inlude amazon music. The Indian subscription it is a bit more expensive but includes video and music which i wanted because all my stuff is alexa controlled.
    I did get youtube from the other thread but alexa and youtube music don't seem to like each other!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't understand how they aren't geo blocked. Seems like a great deal

Advertisement