Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

• 17-01-2020 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Camille Clever Headphone

Hi, anyone here receive a 2019 Statement of Liability yet after filling out an Income Tax Return aka a Form 12?

I thought it would be available by now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Revenue indicated that there would not be any until towards end of January. The reason maainly being that there may be employer amendments to 2019 up to the middle of January and issuing SOL before then could mean further amendments if additional information was lodged by the employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MissGriff

Op, did you not get an e mail from them after you submitted you tax return?
    I submitted mine on the 9th, got an e mail on the 10th saying like the poster above about waiting for employer info....and Cert of Liability would be ready to download on the 17th.

I haven't checked it yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Camille Clever Headphone

MissGriff wrote: »
    Op, did you not get an e mail from them after you submitted you tax return?
    I submitted mine on the 9th, got an e mail on the 10th saying like the poster above about waiting for employer info....and Cert of Liability would be ready to download on the 17th.

I haven't checked it yet though.

I got that email alright about the 17th so was expecting an email notification this morning, checked online and couldn't see anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

I got that email alright about the 17th so was expecting an email notification this morning, checked online and couldn't see anything either.

Final verification checks are taking place, and Preliminary End of Year Statements are expected to be available from Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Also got an email confirmation that it would be available on the 17th but not showing up yet.

Interestingly it has been listed as "Available" for a couple of weeks but if I click on it I get "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MissGriff

I'd say we'll just have to hold out for it. It's the new paye modernization probably and the first new tax year with it.Plus everyone applying for there refunds etc.
    It's most likely delaying things.

From PAYE helpline:

Final verification checks are taking place, and Preliminary End of Year Statements are expected to be available from Monday 20th January

Still not available... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I rang Revenue about this today and was told "The first ones will be issuing from lunchtime today"

Unsure of whether they run in batches or what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

I rang Revenue about this today and was told "The first ones will be issuing from lunchtime today"

Unsure of whether they run in batches or what the story is.

I was told the same this morning. I was told that "you should have it available by lunchtime today, if not it will definitely be there by close of business!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I was told the same this morning. I was told that "you should have it available by lunchtime today, if not it will definitely be there by close of business!"

Should have the money by EFT at some point this week so, DGAF about the SOL I know what they owe me but it's a trigger for the payment I'm after.

• Advertisement

Should have the money by EFT at some point this week so, DGAF about the SOL I know what they owe me but it's a trigger for the payment I'm after.

As far as I am aware, the trigger happens once they make SOL accessible online. Seems like technical issues with the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Desertmoon1

This is ridiculous. It may be earlier than other years but its not quicker. Last year I input my details on a Monday and it was in my account on the Thursday . I put in my medical expenses on 2 January and they keep pushing out the date. 😡😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Sono

This delay is a complete farce at this stage, I had my refund by the 11th last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Processing request
    We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.

Above is the message I receive when I request to view the status.

Soulsun wrote: »
    Processing request
    We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.

It's been showing that for weeks for me.

No update sent out from Revenue about delays beyond 17th, very poor communications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Sono

Soulsun wrote: »
    Processing request

You’re as well off to keep an eye on your emails as they send a you a notification when something has happened rather than having to log into their site for any update.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I received my P21 today at 07:50

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

How long were you waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

When did you file your return?

natc wrote: »
    When did you file your return?

The first week in January

• Advertisement

The first week in January

Same here but I have yet to get mine. I was on maternity benefit for half the year and that is still showing as ‘updated’ on my form and not ‘confirmed’ so I wonder is that holding things up? My spouses paternity benefit and jobseekers has been confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Same here but I have yet to get mine. I was on maternity benefit for half the year and that is still showing as ‘updated’ on my form and not ‘confirmed’ so I wonder is that holding things up? My spouses paternity benefit and jobseekers has been confirmed

This is just a rant but the way they calculate tax on MB is ridiculous... I understand it’s taxable, have no issue paying tax on it but they need to find a better way of doing it. They owe us almost €4K back which is nice to get but if they could figure out how to do it more accurately I would have been able to afford to take more time off with the baby rather than be back at work and get a lump sum now

From 2019!? I spoke to a relation who works in revenue this morning and she told that no one has received a Statement of Liability from 2019 yet. She said that these will definitely be processed this Wednesday the 22nd.

From 2019!? I spoke to a relation who works in revenue this morning and she told that no one has received a Statement of Liability from 2019 yet. She said that these will definitely be processed this Wednesday the 22nd.

Yup was received this morning and now by HTBS is now under review.... which involved another phonecall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Got mine today,

i submitted my return on 2nd January

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Bojill

Got mine today,

i submitted my return on 2nd January

Did you get an email notification that it was available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Camille Clever Headphone

It's possible they are working through things in order, be interesting to know the date and rough time people submitting their forms.

From looking at my emails I got a confirmation that I submitted my income tax return/Form 12 at about half 4 on January 2nd.

Currently no email notification and when I log in there is still the usual message when I click on the Statement of Liability link.

This is just a rant but the way they calculate tax on MB is ridiculous... I understand it’s taxable, have no issue paying tax on it but they need to find a better way of doing it. They owe us almost €4K back which is nice to get but if they could figure out how to do it more accurately I would have been able to afford to take more time off with the baby rather than be back at work and get a lump sum now

Is your maternity benefit showing as confirmed on your form? Mine is still showing as updated so I’m hoping this ain’t holding things up! I was crucified with tax when I returned to work because DEASP never contacted revenue to close my case with them for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Submitted mine on the 10th and still waiting. This was much quicker in previous years. No point ringing them is there?
    I was also given confirmation it would be ready on the 17th but still nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

Is your maternity benefit showing as confirmed on your form? Mine is still showing as updated so I’m hoping this ain’t holding things up! I was crucified with tax when I returned to work because DEASP never contacted revenue to close my case with them for ages!

My maternity benefit is showing up as confirmed but I still haven’t received mine yet!

Advertisement