Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EA UFC 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

If anyone has a spare XB1 code I'd hugely appreciate it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

code gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Still can't grasp what I'm meant to be doing with the standup. Just hit and hope really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I don't know how to do any fancy kicks, it's like 4 buttons at a time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My Batman, who is fairly shyte stat wise' has a mean overhand right! Pity I can't make more guys in Ultimate Team. I spent 45 minutes making Spiderman and then got an error when trying to save him.

• Advertisement

EA are looking for your highlight videos. They can be submitted here.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/935612060716503040

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Haven’t played it yet but from the videos it looks identical to UFC 2 to me at least from a graphical point, they don’t seem to have updated the entrances hugely either. Seems like a lot more KOs from nowhere which although forces you to be a lot more disciplined, might take the fun away for casual players

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Played 3 games last night. Stand up is completely overhauled. Slightly frustrating at times if I'm honest. Did anyone notice when you start to strike, like throwing jabs, your fighter starts to step backwards, basically stepping out of range.
    Maybe I just need to learn the controls more.

Stephen, that KO was savage haha. Was that against the CPU or online? You should definitely submit that to EA.

Clsmooth, graphics definitely have an improvement. Some of the fighters are incredibly realistic looking, the damage system is really improved as as well. Yeah, some of the presentation looks copied and pasted from last game, hopefully they get updated for the full release.

Murphy, happens me as well because I'm used to holding back and punch to modify it whereas in this, you can move and punch so sometimes I end up being off while kicking or punching. Will definitely take a while to get used to the moving and striking but it will be very handy when it starts feeling natural.

I keep holding R1 to block, don't like the R2 and L2 to block but I get that the controller is very busy at the moment. Since moves taking 4 -5 button presses but maybe that's a good thing, might put people off spamming them.

Also I tried a fight doing nothing but jumping knees. I was completely bolloxed by the start of round 2 which is a good consequence of spamming big attacks.

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »
    Played 3 games last night. Stand up is completely overhauled. Slightly frustrating at times if I'm honest. Did anyone notice when you start to strike, like throwing jabs, your fighter starts to step backwards, basically stepping out of range.
    Maybe I just need to learn the controls more.

Yeah was having the same problem but if you just stand in the pocket and trade without moving backwards, it sorts itself out. You're also more liable to get a dig in the head.

Keep leaving myself very open to body kicks. Anyone any idea on how to counter them.

It's all so fast paced I don't feel like I'm learning anything.

Apparently if you block low (R2 & L2) and they throw a body kick, you will automatically catch it. Sounds weird but low block should at least stop them if not catch them.

I love how Muay Thai clinch knees are now 1 clean strike and the clinch breaks with you on a rocked state. Dangerous but can't be abused like the last game.

Also, the takedown attempts near the cage look awesome.

Great video here with 2 decent players, excellent finish as well.

Hey lads, I have 2 codes for PS4 for the beta courtesy of the generous lead Dev Geoff, first two to ask gets them.

Edit: codes gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

I can imagine there'll be loads of loot boxes and microtransactions.

Gijoseph wrote: »
    I can imagine there'll be loads of loot boxes and microtransactions.

There were pecks you could buy for your ultimate team in the last game and they will be back in this also. I never to spend real money once though and I never had to grind to unlock packs, just came as a natural reward. Don't think we'll see the likes of Star Wars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    There were pecks you could buy for your ultimate team in the last game and they will be back in this also. I never to spend real money once though and I never had to grind to unlock packs, just came as a natural reward. Don't think we'll see the likes of Star Wars :)

Just shows how put off EA games I am over that debacle.

Played a few online games. Tremendous satisfaction playing as Khabib and just holding people down as they try and learn the new standup haha.

D.Q wrote: »
    Played a few online games. Tremendous satisfaction playing as Khabib and just holding people down as they try and learn the new standup haha.

Plain evil man :D Double the satisfaction when you do it against a Conor. His ground game is absolutely shyte in this, can barely get up against a mediocre grappler, never mind Khabib.

Also, the Subs are OP's in this, extremely hard to get out of this year, even the 5 gate ones. If you want some easy wins, throw on a sub. Devs said they are looking at tuning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Some aspects of the game are getting slated here on Reddit ;

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7glq2h/ea_sports_ufc_3_has_the_single_most_egregious/

Plain evil man :D Double the satisfaction when you do it against a Conor. His ground game is absolutely shyte in this, can barely get up against a mediocre grappler, never mind Khabib.

Also, the Subs are OP's in this, extremely hard to get out of this year, even the 5 gate ones. If you want some easy wins, throw on a sub. Devs said they are looking at tuning them.

Yeah noticed that. Seems super easy to block the gates when you're the one putting the sub on. Especially difficult to escape against cpu

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »

Absolutely ridiculous article. That guy either has a serious gripe with EA or he needs to git gud.

The microtransactions are nowhere near as bad as recent releases, you do not need to spend a penny on items and part of the joy is building your fighter with earned coin. Of course you can pay for items but you absolutely do not have to.

I might be biased towards this game but I'm well able to list the downpoints

The Single Most Egregious Implementation of Microtransactions to Date...

Onto the actual gameplay itself, shifting away from the faster pace of previous iterations, UFC 3 feels incredibly clunky and inauthentic.

GTFO with that nonsense.

Absolutely ridiculous article. That guy either has a serious gripe with EA or he needs to git gud.

The microtransactions are nowhere near as bad as recent releases, you do not need to spend a penny on items and part of the joy is building your fighter with earned coin. Of course you can pay for items but you absolutely do not have to.

I might be biased towards this game but I'm well able to list the downpoints

GTFO with that nonsense.

Stupidly overdramatic article. The game is hugely enjoyable.

How do you clinch up with the new controls? Can't figure it

Stupidly overdramatic article. The game is hugely enjoyable.

How do you clinch up with the new controls? Can't figure it

L2 and Press up on R2. Pressing down might work as well.

L2 and Press up on R2. Pressing down might work as well.

Nice one, how long do we have the beta for?

Nice one, how long do we have the beta for?

I think tomorrow night but I really hope they extend it as most comments online are from people finally realising how to use the new system getting proper fights. I think the more time you spend with it and understand it, the better it becomes. Might hurt them to yank it tomorrow with some people pissed off because they don't understand how to play and just label it ****.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Took a knee from the clinch - it was at that moment the other guy knew he had ****ed up..

Speaking of the clinch - is low block not defend knees? Swore I blocked and still ate one in the face

Leg kicks wrecking me. Can't get the timing at all with switching between high and low blocks

Axwell, that KO was savage, perfect timing!

D.Q yeah I destroyed a fella online with leg kicks, made it so 1 kick and he was on his back, was gas. Everyone afraid of getting knocked out they leave their legs wide open, excellent tactic against Nate's throwing 1-2 combos, just like real life :)

I'm the same though, I just keep high block with how dangerous the striking is but need to start timing my blocks better.

I find people dont know how to clinch in a lot of the fights either - the new controls are messing people up a bit, myself included!!

I did a flying knee out of nowhere and I am not even sure how, it was with one of the modifier buttons but I am at a loss with a lot of the moves like high kicks etc. Same in the clinch, I thought low block defended the knees but then I ate one in the face, although maybe I just mistimed it. Also the grabbing the leg when someone does a side kick - is it both blocks together? Had a guy yesterday that caught every leg kick and then punched me in the face so I was rocked!

• Advertisement

Forgot to reply to you about the clinch, yupp don't have a clue how to block strikes, I've only tried R2 and doesn't work so I figured it was low block (L2 and R2) but guess not.

I keep holding R1 and wondering why I'm getting the head boxed off me. I'm really hoping they extend the beta over the weekend, would be good to get a few scraps with ye on here.

Advertisement