Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 11: "Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz" Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

rovert wrote: »
    Season worth watching guys?

Yeah but..... meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

cletus wrote: »
    Anybody got any idea what Chuck's prior engagements were?

He was doing dancing with the stars at the same time.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Season is definitely worth watching, considerable improvement on last years gas-fest.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ahe316 wrote: »
    Anyone think that Canadian guy Nick Ring is blatantly eh a bit dodgy,...in a back to the wall in the shower room kinda way?
    Yeah I hope Dana finds out soon and kicks him out! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

adamski8 wrote: »
    Yeah I hope Dana finds out soon and kicks him out! :rolleyes:

tmpphpqnciho.jpg

My highlight of the season so far :D

As for the fight, horrible horrible decision. I agree with Chuck, how the hell is it possible to score that second round to Nick Ring?

Brutal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Nora Small Loudmouth

ahe316 wrote: »

Anyone think that Canadian guy Nick Ring is blatantly eh a bit dodgy,...in a back to the wall in the shower room kinda way?

I don't think the phrase 'never give up your back' has ever been more appropriate.:P

Ah no, jk, he's a good fighter, but I think it should have gone to a 3rd round in the last episode. Terrible scoring from the judges, Chuck had every right to be as píssed as he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Awful judging there, i had Court down as a 20-19 winner. (10-9 10-10)

Goes to proove that ya should never trust those judges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

At the very least it shouldve gone to a 3rd round, although I did think Court secured the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Good fight ruined by some dodgy scoring by the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I must have watched a different fight then because in the second round I saw McGee throws lots of punches that were mostly blocked and Ring pick his punches, connecting with most of them and connecting with lots of leg and head kicks.

I also thought he definitely one the first round. He defended himself perfectly on the ground, got the best of the exchanges against the cage and got a takedown and landed some strikes on the ground.

A clear 20-18 for Ring I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,443 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Prob should have gone to a 3rd round but fight was just meh anyway. Thought Lidell was gonna destroy the cardboard door! I only saw episode 1 & 6. Can ye recommend any other episode with a good fight?

I'd like to see a replay of the "lots of head kicks" he landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Prob should have gone to a 3rd round but fight was just meh anyway. Thought Lidell was gonna destroy the cardboard door! I only saw episode 1 & 6. Can ye recommend any other episode with a good fight?

You should watch them all mate, there was a few bad fights but nothing as bad as the TUF 10 fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Bad decision there by the judges. For me it was one round each. Should have gone to sudden victory.

Chuck at the end at Dana was very funny. Chuck giving him the evil eye.

Edit: Id also recommend watching them all. As good a series as i can remember.

I thought it would have gone to a third round. Can someone explain how the wild card system works? Is it one pick per coach or do they fight for it? I think Court McGee can take Rich Attonito's place anyway so maybe he'l get revenge later on in the show. I scored it 20-19 for Ring. 10-9,10-10 none of his head kicks landed but he was dictating the pace. Chuck overeacted imo as most of the decisions have gone his way since the start.

For the wildcard I think they both select a fighter from their camp who lost and they fight each other for the last quarter final place.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I was up for that court mc gee guy. I thought it should of been a third round. Chuck was going mad at that decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Bad bad judging on the Nick Ring fight. Since when does leg kicks win you a fight? :rolleyes: Should have gone to a 3rd at least. I was screaming at my TV for Court McGee to open up with punches on him, as was Chuck :D You could see Ring was being phased by the combinations as he was always looking for the clinch.

First season I watched and im impressed. I thought TUF was just another reality show...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Court should have let them fly at the end. A few times in the second round he caught Ring full on and seemed to stun him or confuse him and he huddled up. Thats when Court should have pressed. I thought they both defended well on the ground and it should have gone to a third round.

Loved Chuck mashing Tito at dodgeball.... especially the little run around celebration with a "remember that!" thrown in...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Does anyone else think Tito is coming across a little bit like the evil trainer in the Karate Kid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Tito is coming across a little bit like the evil trainer in the Karate Kid?

"Sweep the leg!"

That guy HammorTree had a good point, the 48 hours before the fight should be a rest and recovery time for the fighter. No point in trying to build mucle and cardio at that point imho, the time would be better spent preparing mentally, sharpening skills and chilling to be in top shape for the fight. Just my 2c...

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    That guy HammorTree had a good point, the 48 hours before the fight should be a rest and recovery time for the fighter. No point in trying to build mucle and cardio at that point imho, the time would be better spent preparing mentally, sharpening skills and chilling to be in top shape for the fight. Just my 2c...

DeV.

That was Uscola. I think Tito was immature calling him out in front of the whole team. He basically isolated Uscola and made an environment where he couldn't challenge Tito's opinion. I totally agree with Uscola though. Doing Plyometrics 48 hours before a fight is a complete waste of energy, no muscle is going to be 100% recovered in that time. Tito got caught up being a good trainer but overlooked the toll it took on McGray.

It was *awful* people-management skills from Tito and what was worse is that he mistook shutting them up for "team cohesion". He never allowed the guy to have his say and he completely missed the point in the first place. It was cringeworthy stuff.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DeVore wrote: »
    It was *awful* people-management skills from Tito and what was worse is that he mistook shutting them up for "team cohesion". He never allowed the guy to have his say and he completely missed the point in the first place. It was cringeworthy stuff.

DeV.

At the moment i'm putting Tito on a par with Matt Hughes and Dampage as terrible coaches.

I'm not even going to watch the next season as i think both GSP and The Fraggle are fcukin idiots

It appears the star coachs do little of the actual work and its their assistants who are there all the time working with the fighters.

Tito loves himself too much to think of anyone else.... :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ahe316

Wild card - uscola deserves it. Mccray 'no gas' I'm not so sure about.
    So Court goes straight into the qf's - I suppose with 2 of tito's team battling the wildcard it was fair enough that Court went straight through given it would have been Rich (team Liddel).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Yeah i think hamortree deserved the shot much more than mcgray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

This weeks fight (IMO) was the best so far, loved it.

• Advertisement

I was impressed with the fight this week. Henle impressed me and I gained awesome respect for him. He's only gone pro 6 months, wonderful achievement and I think he'l make it in the sport in the long term. As for Baczinski I think he's impressive but can he beat any of the other Q Finalists? Nick's leg looks bad so it will be interesting to see if he can fight. My money for the wildcard is Uscola. He has more power than McGray and looks sharper at the moment. My money for the competition is Yager for some odd reason. Between him and Noke at the moment.:)

Advertisement