Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poco X3 Pro & F2 early bird deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

rizzee wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah they followed up this afternoon with an email to say it's dispatched. Should be here on Friday but hopefully before hand with priority shipping. Main thing is that it is on the way now.

No harm giving them an email/live chat to see if any updates?

Got onto them on chat earlier and Heidi (really!) told me they have no idea when they'll get new stock. They didn't receive their full quota.

Cancelled and ordered the Mi 11 on UK Amazon. It's already dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got onto them on chat earlier and Heidi (really!) told me they have no idea when they'll get new stock. They didn't receive their full quota.

Cancelled and ordered the Mi 11 on UK Amazon. It's already dispatched.

Ah that's a pity. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the Mi11 though, cracking phone (hopefully not literally :D ) Best of luck with it!

rizzee wrote: »
    Ah that's a pity. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the Mi11 though, cracking phone (hopefully not literally :D ) Best of luck with it!

Rachael Blackmore and Henry de Bromhead (with a little help from the horse) paid for it so it's a painless step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Rachael Blackmore and Henry de Bromhead (with a little help from the horse) paid for it so it's a painless step up.

LOL, thats funny cos darlin Rachael paid for mine too !!!
    Go on yah good thing!!!

Mi 11 arrived this morning. It's an impressive beast.

A friend who runs a phone shop in Thailand says there are stock issues all over with the F3.

• Advertisement

Mi 11 arrived this morning. It's an impressive beast.

A friend who runs a phone shop in Thailand says there are stock issues all over with the F3.

We'll have a few phone shops on Adverts selling for €499 in the next week or two, wait and see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Poco F3 256gb white confirmed shipped, from Belsimpel, and on its way to the emerald isle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

abarkie wrote: »

Will it be possible to buy one of these here when this offer becomes live?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

ForestFire wrote: »
    Poco F3 256gb white confirmed shipped, from Belsimpel, and on its way to the emerald isle!!

Same here - just got the shipping notice !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 BurntAsh

abarkie wrote: »

In the Ts&Cs it says "Poco F3 for £299" which is about the same price as you can get it from amazon fr or de currently and without the hassle of delivering it from the UK/tariffs etc.

Device (F3) arrived today from UPS, got a few mins at lunch time to take it out, get it into the case and charging.

Will get to take a better look this evening now, when home from work and start setting it up and playing around with it.

My three year old P20 pro (With recently cracked screen) will soon be put out to pasture...
    Will have to see if I ever go back down the contract + "flagship" (The expensive ones) route again.
    Or stick with the budget flagships from now on.

ForestFire wrote: »
    Device (F3) arrived today from UPS, got a few mins at lunch time to take it out, get it into the case and charging.

Will get to take a better look this evening now, when home from work and start setting it up and playing around with it.

My three year old P20 pro (With recently cracked screen) will soon be put out to pasture...
    Will have to see if I ever go back down the contract + "flagship" (The expensive ones) route again.
    Or stick with the budget flagships from now on.

I'd be interested in the comparison with the P20 Pro. That was a great phone. Mine also suffered a cracked screen after I bought a house with wooden floors 😞

I'd be interested in the comparison with the P20 Pro. That was a great phone. Mine also suffered a cracked screen after I bought a house with wooden floors ��

Just A quick update top say, not really had much time with the phone, for 2 reasons.

1) I'm officially getting it over the weekend, as a present, so only taking it out when the little one is gone to bed....:-(

2) I am going to try a "Clean Install" on this device, rather than copying over everything from old phone - Even though it will probably end up with 90% of the crap apps added again anyway :D

3) Bonus...there is a hug amount a work to sign back into everything again, even to get Google home back up and running!! and uninstalling the bloat...

Also Compared to the P20 pro and the fact I am probably a bit biased, as it's a new phone, and I expect to be fully happy with everything :)

So far, it feels very good in the hand, with the included case and very slim.
    Screen looks great for colors etc, and I am getting used to the virtual swipe controls (Or whatever they are called)

2 minor issue I have seen so far in my limited time....

120Hz - And this is probably a general, issue across all 120Hz display, that they hype up in reviews from some channels, with there "Buttery Smooth" as they swipe viously through the menus!!!

While it is a lot smoother, if you swipe fast you will still see "tearing of the text", but this is probable just a false expectation, from some channels that should offer a better form of therapy!!

Second thing that has happened, is the phone shut down overnight, and also again from this morning to lunch time (Left unattended). I think this was reported in other places, and I am sure a SW update should fix this...

Anyway its going to be after the weekend before I get a good look at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mine arrived today also - played with it a bit and I really like it (coming from an Honor 10 View).
    The AMOLED screen is lovely, and next I have to start moving the apps over, asme as you @ForestFire - I'll reinstall one at a time and ditch stuff I don't use - painful btu for the best I think

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

My x3 pro came from Amazon de today. I’m really surprised, for 200 it’s insane value. Speakers are nice, performance is great. Camera is good, I have no negatives to mention. Only thing to test out now is battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

BatMaths wrote:
    My x3 pro came from Amazon de today. I’m really surprised, for 200 it’s insane value. Speakers are nice, performance is great. Camera is good, I have no negatives to mention. Only thing to test out now is battery life.

Mine due Monday from amazon.es for the same price. Can't wait. Using a Mi A1 that's on its last legs. Was a great auld phone. Think I paid somewhere around 220 euro for it three and a half years ago. Owes me nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I have just been looking at these with france and germany. Delivery time is 2 weeks minimum.
    Any ideas or anyone with a spare one?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

My A2 is on its last legs too, some great deals on Xiaomi UK site but the Irish one is a rip off. I got the A2 from honor buy last time, presume they would still be best post Brexit? Looking at 10t lite rather then x3, 5g + NFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,112 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Keith C wrote: »
    My A2 is on its last legs too, some great deals on Xiaomi UK site but the Irish one is a rip off. I got the A2 from honor buy last time, presume they would still be best post Brexit? Looking at 10t lite rather then x3, 5g + NFC

Amazon UK have good deals on them from time to time, UK plug and customs charges included.

Amazon UK have good deals on them from time to time, UK plug and customs charges included.
    I ordered one from Amazon.es this morning but noticed it was nearly 3 weeks for delivery so cancelled it again. So ordered this one instead from Amazon UK, due on Monday. It has been shipped already and is via AnPost

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08ZN94VNZ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

I ordered one from Amazon.es this morning but noticed it was nearly 3 weeks for delivery so cancelled it again. So ordered this one instead from Amazon UK, due on Monday. It has been shipped already and is via AnPost

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08ZN94VNZ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm still using the original pocophone F1, no real issues with it. Hasn't slowed down or anything.
    Would the f3 be a massive improvement ?
    Trying to convince myself it's not worth it. :P.

Gonna jump off this thread as I’ve received mine. Recommended. First impressions here:
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057892570/229/#post116911276

Anyone able to tell me if I need any special sort of charging cable for the X3?
    I have the charger that came with it and thats all grand.
    But I'd just like to maybe use one of my older chargers with it as well.. maybe plugged in at the office.
    All I think I'd need is a USB-C cable to replace the microusb one that is with the old charger?
    (like get one from Dealz or whereever)
    Or does it need to be a Xiaomi specific USB-C ??

Thanks

So my poco X3 pro turned up this morning. It takes a standard USB-C charging cable which was supplied. It also came with a fast charger. I am impressed.

vidapura wrote: »
    Anyone able to tell me if I need any special sort of charging cable for the X3?
    I have the charger that came with it and thats all grand.
    But I'd just like to maybe use one of my older chargers with it as well.. maybe plugged in at the office.
    All I think I'd need is a USB-C cable to replace the microusb one that is with the old charger?
    (like get one from Dealz or whereever)
    Or does it need to be a Xiaomi specific USB-C ??

Thanks

Any USB C

Anyone with an X3 Pro been able to get the face unlock working?
    I got it to work with the fingerprint reader and thats nice and quick, but I'm just interested to see how the face unlock works.
    Thought I had followed the instructions but no go..

Ohh wait, you have to click the button to turn on the screen first.. ahh....

• Advertisement

vidapura wrote: »
    Ohh wait, you have to click the button to turn on the screen first.. ahh....

Think there is an option to wake phone when lifted also.
    This might activate the face unlock without pressing the button, if you want it a bit quicker??

In my case I am using fingerprint only as the face unlock on these phones is not as secure.

Advertisement