Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Large flock of geese in Dublin 22

Options
  • 23-03-2021 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

In the last month Ive noticed a large flock of geese in Dublin 22
    Would anyone where they a flying to, or has anyone seen them

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Saw these this morning in various locations around Neilstown. The noise of them was incredible, a fantastic sight. I've never seen the like around the area. Have they been around every year and I've just not noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Saw these this morning in various locations around Neilstown. The noise of them was incredible, a fantastic sight. I've never seen the like around the area. Have they been around every year and I've just not noticed?

They do look great, I’ve seen them the last month

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

They're around Dublin every year, feeding on playing pitches and housing greens during the day and roosting in the bay at night. This year they have possibly ventured into areas they wouldn't have used much in the past, because of disturbance at their previously preferred sites (more people out due to lockdown, but also development etc at some sites). They'll be migrating back to Canada soon so enjoy them while you can!

Advertisement