Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2018, 23:12   #46
CinemaGuy45

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmisk View Post
Is that directed at me or the lighthouse cinema?!!!

I have a dog BTW the last thing I would do is take him to the cinema...he is happy barking at dogs and cats on the TV.

Cinema wise the lighthouse and the Stella are streets ahead in Dublin the rest tend to attract talking, rustling, phone using @rseholes.
Cleary the cinema.
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 23:13   #47
dartboardio

Bohemian rhapsody was absolutely fantastic. Its on my mind all week! As was A star is born.

And yep there’s something pretty therapeutic sitting in a room full of strangers staring at a screen munching on lots of popcorn and chocolate.
08-11-2018, 23:15   #48
gmisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaGuy45 View Post
Cleary the cinema.
Ha, Ah in fairness they are probably better behaved than most of the attendees at a parent and baby screening!
Thanks from:
08-11-2018, 23:15   #49
CinemaGuy45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartboardio View Post
Bohemian rhapsody was absolutely fantastic. Its on my mind all week! As was A star is born.

And yep there’s something pretty therapeutic sitting in a room full of strangers staring at a screen munching on lots of popcorn and chocolate.
How many killings and car chases had it got?
Thanks from:
08-11-2018, 23:19   #50
starlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartboardio View Post
Have seen one of them and have in mind to see the other soon.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 23:27   #51
irishguitarlad

I went to see the new Halloween over here in Spain on Halloween night, worst decision of my life. Teenagers laughing and shouting, taking photos, videoing, talking on phones, doing Instagram stories. There was also a young one that had her foot up on the seat beside me and never stopped shaking her foot for the whole ****ing film, I could see It out the corner of my eye and really pissed me off. The talking destroyed the atmosphere and tension of the movie. I was so pissed off that I ate a pizza after to cheer me up. Anyways yes, cinemas have gone to **** and I doubt I'll be setting foot in one for a while.
(2) thanks from:
08-11-2018, 23:28   #52
ballyargus

The unending slew of superhero drivel is a major deterrent.
(2) thanks from:
08-11-2018, 23:31   #53
Turtyturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguitarlad View Post
I went to see the new Halloween over here in Spain on Halloween night, worst decision of my life. Teenagers laughing and shouting, taking photos, videoing, talking on phones, doing Instagram stories. There was also a young one that had her foot up on the seat beside me and never stopped shaking her foot for the whole ****ing film, I could see It out the corner of my eye and really pissed me off. The talking destroyed the atmosphere and tension of the movie. I was so pissed off that I ate a pizza after to cheer me up. Anyways yes, cinemas have gone to **** and I doubt I'll be setting foot in one for a while.
Are you sure you weren’t on a bus?
(2) thanks from:
08-11-2018, 23:31   #54
callaway92

I go a good bit, most recently to A Star Is Born

The opening scene with Bradley Cooper playing ‘Black Eyes’ almost had the room shaking.. wouldn’t have enjoyed it 10% as much at home.

Dunkirk would be another example of a cinema experience
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2018, 23:31   #55
CinemaGuy45

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguitarlad View Post
I love horror films but I have learned from painful experience NEVER see one in the cinema teenagers and horror movies are like flies around shi*e.
Thanks from:
08-11-2018, 23:34   #56
Iamxavier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaGuy45 View Post
Cleary the cinema.
Why? Catering for an audience, what's the problem? Ireland has a strange stance on pets. If a dog enters a restaurant, it will somehow kill everybody within...

Cinemas are grand, the films on the other hand, absolute tripe. I loved going to the cinema, but there's rarely a film worth watching in the cinema anymore. Super hero films, everywhere. They can die a death, absolute trash.
(2) thanks from:
08-11-2018, 23:35   #57
Billy Mays

The Lighthouse is great. No groups of noisy kids or people talking during the film, has a bar, you can bring your beer in to the movie. It's years since I've been in any other cinema.
08-11-2018, 23:36   #58
CinemaGuy45

Quote:
Originally Posted by callaway92 View Post
I go a good bit, most recently to A Star Is Born

The opening scene with Bradley Cooper playing ‘Black Eyes’ almost had the room shaking.. wouldn’t have enjoyed it 10% as much at home.

Dunkirk would be another example of a cinema experience
The IFI had Dunkirk in 70mm kicking myself I did not go to it there.
08-11-2018, 23:38   #59
CinemaGuy45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamxavier View Post
Why? Catering for an audience, what's the problem? Ireland has a strange stance on pets. If a dog enters a restaurant, it will somehow kill everybody within...

Cinemas are grand, the films on the other hand, absolute tripe. I loved going to the cinema, but there's rarely a film worth watching in the cinema anymore. Super hero films, everywhere. They can die a death, absolute trash.
When you put it that way it's a nice idea but when you see the story the first thing that comes to mind is dogs don't watch movies.
08-11-2018, 23:38   #60
gmisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
The Lighthouse is great. No groups of noisy kids or people talking during the film, has a bar, you can bring your beer in to the movie. It's years since I've been in any other cinema.
It's a terrific cinema and crowd are generally really excellent.
Plus pretty reasonable especially if you are a member.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion